+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New, just looking for relationship insight

New, just looking for relationship insight

I'm 27 and have been in a relationship with my bf for the last 9 years. Over the years when we were younger he has had a bad track record with being faithful. He hasn't done anything considered to be cheating in at least 5 years, we've moved on the past is the past and we are together now. But recently he has expressed that he needs more. We still have great sex together, and still have a lot of fun together after 9 years. He has recently thrown my heart through a loop though by explaining that occasionally he needs to sleep with someone new. He says that all men cheat, he just doesn't want to hide it or hurt me again. It seems as though he really believes these things himself. He has suggested that we have threesomes from time to time. I just don't know how I feel about that. It stings a little. Is this normal? Is he messing with my head and trying to control me? Are we just very sexually diff people? After 9 years I thought I was still a little crazy in the bedroom, and I'm in the best shape of my life. Perhaps this is just who he is. I just don't know if I should compromise, or if he's a douche and another guy who is also fun, and not some bum wouldn't need multiple sex partners to keep him happy with himself in life. (Since he said only guys who are losers and not doing anything with their lives won't cheat) After 9 years and being 27, I'm so confused and uncertain of my future. He's deff hit me baffled with a left curve.

Welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion. Enjoy your stay here...
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Hi, welcome to this forum!
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Well, know that people change. All the time. 9 years is a long time...even that's not who he was, it is who he is now. He's made clear what he wants with his sex life. Have you clearly communicated to him that's not what you want and can accept? If he still insist to have what he wants despite you voicing out your unhappiness, then you may just have to take things at face value and make a wise decision for yourself. But first, you must know your own boundaries/deal-breakers because you don't sound like you are sure.
    Helping women become The Lady Men Want...To Date, To Love and to Keep Forever. www.theladymenwant.com