+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you become a girl's best friend when she knows you like her

How do you become a girl's best friend when she knows you like her

For 7 months, she would let me take her out just the two of us on random dates. Her parents knew me just as well as she did so I knew she talked about me a lot. Even her closest girlfriends knew me before I had met any of them. Other guys who liked her, that I didn't even know, (we were seniors in HS)were really jealous of me for some reason. She would occasionally send me random texts telling me how much I mean to her. She always told me how I was the only person she truly felt comfortable around and never felt judged when she was with me. Numerous times I got asked if we were dating by people at school. We did not go to senior prom together b/c she was nervous about it being as more than friends or not but the night of prom, she sees me dancing with my date and shoots a very dirty look, almost like a jealousy type look and I kept catching her staring at me after. And after 7 months, she told me she loved me for the first time and she kinda got this shocked look on her face like she surprised herself and didn't even give me a chance to say one word back.
    But two days later she comes to me about having sex with another guy and the condom breaking which is something only a girl would go to her best friend about and I just sat there confused and hurt.

She knew I liked her because I told her how I felt in the beginning and she gave me a very unclear answer. At first it was a rejection. She said she liked me but just was not looking for a relationship at the time. But then she ended the conversation by saying "I hope you know I am not crossing out the future" and said she felt like we should get to know each other a little better before she jumped into anything. So that's what we did. For 7 months. And the entire time, I was really just digging my hole deeper and deeper until it finally caved in. (Yes I know it was my fault for letting it get to that point. I have already realized that)

After the sex incident I told her I needed space so i could get over her. In the last two months, we have barely said a word. She tried texting me a couple of times but I ignored her and now, I'm pretty sure she hates me.

I think that this girl doesn't know what she wants

Quote Originally Posted by Amimibk View Post
    I think that this girl doesn't know what she wants
    yeah, that's what is always seemed like

You seems to be a nice guy , try to move on . Don't lose your time with this girl . I know that it's hard but if you keep on expecting something from her you'll be the one who's hurt .