+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it possible to be liked after being rejected?

Is it possible to be liked after being rejected?

A few months ago, I had confessed my feelings to my crush and he kindly rejected me, claiming he only saw me as a friend. Normally I would have taken it as is and moved on had his actions not contradicted his words. He shows multiple signs of interest and whenever I compare his actions with my other guy friends, they do none of this. Could this be a sign that he is beginning to develop feelings for me? (Because it's been months since the rejection and we've become closer since then) Or is he still considering me as just a friend?

Side note: My girl friend suggested I give it more time to see if anything happens and if nothing surfaces, to once again be direct with him so I can move on. Should I follow her advice or just forget about us ever happening?

If I were you I would be careful about your hopes, and not build a castle just yet, but do wait and see, just give it a little time, if nothing changes... talk to him again if he still sais no, move on
    --- Sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands --- ---

You should actually start distancing yourself from him so that you can get over him. He's holding you back from being open to new men in your life that DO want you as a girlfriend and that new person would never take kindly to you hanging out with your friend doing date like things with him anyway so why not start to process of weaning him out of your life?

He knows how you feel and if he has changed his mind about you, I'm sure he'd feel confident in confessing any feelings he may have for you so don't talk to him about it again.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Gotta agree with Wakeup here. I mean its always possible for feelings to change but more likely he's just enjoying the attention from you.

Start distancing yourself from him like Wakeup said and find a guy who wants you and not just the boost you give his ego.

Due to that possibility, would it be a waste of my time to see if he comes around? If not, then how long would you recommend me sticking around before I began distancing myself?
    Last edited by Goldy; 04-08-14 at 12:43 PM.

a month mabey?
    --- Sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands --- ---

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. And again, if nothing happens, I'll begin distancing myself. I'll try to use everyone's advice! Thank you all so much for helping me come to a realization I would have never otherwise seen on my own.

Why can't you do both, date and wait[ back of your mind]? You don't have to sit around by the phone depressed, live your life and enjoy company of others too.
    If so one sided you won't get anything out of it, so don't wait long.

Oh no, I'm definitely not pinning up all of my hopes that his mind has changed! A rejection is a rejection, for whatever reason it may have happened. Which is why I will continue to live my life while keeping the possibility in the back of my head (up until a point) so I can rule out for certain that he really meant what he said and is just "enjoying the attention," as Nico88 put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    Due to that possibility, would it be a waste of my time to see if he comes around? If not, then how long would you recommend me sticking around before I began distancing myself?
    Begin distancing yourself right now. Who knows if he'll come around? The point is you should be living in the present instead of looking to the future in some kind of hope.

If you get scarce and he asks whats up, just be honest and tell him that you're distancing yourself so that you extinguish your unreciprocated feelings for him. Then be done with it. Let him speak and if he doesn't bring up anything to do with what you just said then don't push it and keep on distancing yourself.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why do you even bother waiting? How many rejections can you take? Can't you find other guys to date?