View Poll Results: Can we get together?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like water and oil? Please..No!

1 100.00%
  • Where is love there is hope! Maybe yes!

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: From a guy perspective - Should I have any hope in reconciliation? Or better move on?

From a guy perspective - Should I have any hope in reconciliation? Or better move on?

Hello everyone! First I want to apologize! I'm not an english native speaker so I'll probably write some mistakes! But dumps know no boundaries so I need overseas advice
    My now ex boyfriend asked me to be is girlfriend in April this year, and he broke up with me last tuesday.
    We had some troubles in our short relationship but i must admit I was not expecting this ending.
    We are quite diferent - he's realistic and I'm a dreamer. He's more racional and I'm more emotional.
    He broke up with me because he was feeling pressed. I'm going through a rough time in my life, searching for a new job, and I must admit I probably transfered some of my frustrations to him. And since we're on a long distance relationship I think everything went on a bigger scale than normaly would on a "normal" relationship.
    I do not doubt of his feelings. He's a very true person, really down to earth. He said that I likes me, and would love to stay with me, but feels we can't get a balance. He feels like i'm putting him under a big presure, he actually said he felt married with me!!!
    I go over my actions and I don't find anything that could make him felt like that. But maybe he sees things on a different away.
    The trigger to the break up was when I suggested we could spend a day or two together with me paying for things. I already knew the answer was: NO!, but I insisted a little (because I was thinking in offer that as bday present) and he felt offended and said he never could accept that and the conversation ended up with the breakup.
    He says he likes simple things, he likes not to make huge plans and just live the day. And I admit I make all the plans possible in my head. He says that makes him feel pressed. Like I put so much effort in the small things that does not seem natural. I kinda admit that is true.
    But I didn't realized I was being so annoying!
    I think the other point is: at 25 I was his first girlfriend - he never had any serious relationship before, and even the non serious were really few. I really think he's so used to be alone, to not have to worry with anyone, or to deal with someone problems, that he does not know how to behave when things start to get difficult.
    We had really especial moments together and I know we both like eachother. We also ended peacefully, saying we had an amazing time together and all that jazz.. and although we're not speaking since last tuesday, we've agree to remain friends. But..from a guy prespective tell me: what should I expect from this? Even knowing he likes me, and loved the time we spent together, isn't it better to move on? Or hope he realizes we deserve another shot?

Thank you so much guys!!!

I would move on. Sounds like he's just not ready for a relationship. You'd be wasting your time sitting around and waiting for him..

Hi,

First of all, your English is very good!

Secondly, I think deep down he feels it in his heart that you're not the one for him. He may like you a lot, but I think the differences between you two are very fundamental and he realizes it's not something he could live with. I think you should move on as much as you can -- you seem like a very nice gal and you'll find someone great for you soon enough.