+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can someone please offer me some advice?

Can someone please offer me some advice?

Hi.

New here, 18 year old male, UK. Apologies that the post is long, but I'd really appreciate some advice.
    I'd be so greatful for any advice.

I was wondering if someone here could help me out, or perhaps relate to my situation. I often wonder weather others are going though the came thing.

My social life, and therefore relationships, have been virtually non existent
    Since I left school, all my friends went to different colleges, and I moved to London on my own to study music technology.
    Where I am now, I don't really have any friend. When I do go out, its to meet up with my friends from school, which isn't very often due to my friends and also my own very hectic schedule.
    I'm a clothing model too, that's my job to pay for music equipment.
    The advantage with their lifestyle, is that they all went to college together, so they all see each other and socialize st college together, even if they don't actually go out that often.

Where I am, that is not the case at all.
    Like I say, I don't really have any friends where I am. I've tried but I just don't really
    have anything in common with the people there, and for the most part they aren't very friendly ( all in their own little cliques and friendship groups. )

With this being the case, I get quite down, and have been really since I moved.
    I go out allot but not with others.
    At school I had a great social life too.

At school there was this girl I really liked.
    She moved away, and stupidly I never seized the opportunity to ask her out or anything. She was also a close friend of mine.
    For the last couple of years, I've felt as thoguh I couldn't really get over her. I felt I wasn't going to meet anyone else, and I'm sure people on here will have had that.

When I spoke to a friend and we tried to analyze why the was, we realised the fact that I didn't go out much was a contributing factor.
    I hadn't been meeting anyone else.
    I've since started to go out more, but still hadn't found anyone, and dispite socializing more, which did help, I was still somehow attarched to that love I felt before for this other Girl from school.
    I still always felt like I never met anyone who was in my eyes, as perfect as her.
    The type of girl I typically go for is the cute and often a little querky, both looks and personality wise.

Today, however, whilst on the family holiday, (in the same country I live in which is England.) I was in a department store, and saw who was quite possibly the prittiest girl I'd ever seen. Perfect in my eyes.
    For the first time in two years, I'd seen someone who really did look perfect for me.
    Of course, I'd seen many other attractive girls in my time, but not many that fit into the type of category I really go for and am attracted to most.
    She was petite, with huge blue eyes and long blond hair. She was so pretty.
    I was stood waiting for my sister at the time in the store, she was clothes shopping.

The girl worked in the store.
    She was carrying towels from the bottom floor, to the one above.
    I was stood waiting for my sister at the bottom of the stairs.
    As she came down to get the second lot of towels, she noticed me.
    Everytime she came down afterward, she kept looking over. When she saw me looking she sheepishly turned away and looked embaressed, but she kept looking, everytime she came down.
    After a while my sister was Done in the store and wanted to go, and as I left she was coming down the stairs again.
    She smiled at me, I smiled back, and I left the store.

Why did I leave!

I was so out of practice I just didn't really know what to do, I froze, sort of.
    Should I approach her, shouldn't I, what the hell would I say if I did, ect;
    That was my first interaction in ages with someone I was really, really attracted to, and I messed it up big time.
    Not soon after I left the store closed and I obviously didn't see her again.

All day now I've been filled with regret. We're not going back to the city she was in, either, it was a day trip and one and a half hours away.
    We Have two days left on holiday before we head back to London, which is 4 hours away from where we are now, and for those next two days we're going to other places in the area.

Like I said, this was the first time since the girl I really liked, that I found someone I was really attracted to.
    Most people my age are meeting girls all the time and have a vibrant social life.
    I think me not liking andone else for so long, and then finding someone who I WAS really attracted to after all that time made it that bit more intense.

Others might see a girl who is there type, in a store, who they flirt with a little, and then thats the end of it.
    It seemed because I'd seen no one who was my type for so long, much more special.

The bottom line is, I don't know weather to take these strong feelings I Had for her, and decide in my head that it's pointless pursuing it, that I only felt so strongly towards her because of my lack of seeing anyone I find really attractive for so long, she's lives too far away anyway, I didn't even talk to here and don't know anything about her personality other than the fact the she smiled and seemed nice, there will be others like her and I'm being ridiculous etc; and basically talk myself out of it.

OR weather she really could be something special, and was the girl I was looking for.
    She certainly had the look, I'd never seen anyone like her.
    And she had a really cute smile and seemed really sweet.
    Remembering the fact that I messed up once in not making a move with my friend before and really regretting it.
    Theres that fear I could be doing the same thing here if I went with the first option.

I feel thoguh at the same time, I might be putting way too much thought, into a pretty girl the smiled at me in a clothing store!

What do you think I should do?
    Even if I did decide to persue it, how the hell I'd do that now I don't know, but theres always a way.
    OR, should I just forget it.

Thanks very much for your time, really sorry it was so long winded.
    Last edited by LT18; 21-08-14 at 04:09 PM.

Anyone?

-LT