+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I guess I got dumped?

I guess I got dumped?

Hi first post so bare with me. I had been dating a girl I met through work saw her thought she was cute and asked her out on a date a few weeks later we are in a relationship. We date for a little over 2 months and it was going great we both felt great it was amazing. About a little before the 2 month mark she's starting to act weird about advancing sexually in our relationship, mind you we hadn't done anything past 2nd base. I told her that I wouldn't let that part of our relationship ruin anything we've got going together. She starts wondering if she should be in a relationship and if she's ready. We work things out and stay in a relationship. Things are going good we fooled around once after that after we had been drinking. Fast forward a little over a week after our 2 months we start kissing things are starting to get heavy she backs off says she's not ready sexually and I'm the only guy she likes but she's just getting scared of how close we are getting and she's got her own issues to work out. She dumps me still texts me the next day like nothing is wrong. Meanwhile I'm feeling like absolute shit. Meanwhile that weekend we break up we planned on going to the movies together with her friend so we go I act normal like friends and she starts cuddling on me and we start holding hands cuddling and then we stay the night at her house and cuddle together and fall asleep. We still had tickets for Cedar Point before we break up so we go that Wednesday I stay the night we sleep in the same bed go to Cedar Point hold hands the whole time. And it's mutual like it's not me trying to make a move and she's not going for it she wants to hold hands too. So after a talk with my friends I talk to her last week about how if she wants to be friends that we can't be doing this stuff like holding hands cuddling and that we are either dating or we are building back up to dating or we are friends. She said she doesn't want to lead me on anymore she likes me alot and I deserve better than her and she doesn't know if we will try and date again. So after that we still text all the time walk into work together leave work together wait for each other and all that. And acts more happy/playful/flirty towards me at work more than when we dated. Any advice how to handle this situation is greatly appreciated, I mean we both have feelings for each other but aren't dating anymore what do I do if I want to date her again?

Sounds very much like she "friend zoned" you hardcore there, do not waste your time and don't bother. Just be her friend and have her there for company, she will realise what she gave up one day when you become successful. Also try put yourself in her shoes, try to understand what she meant at times.

My advice, read books, take up new activities, try new things, travel, meet new people and help out with your family more. Things will slowly fall into place, the most important person you must remember is yourself not her.

If you really want to date her again, do what you think is right and will work.
    What you want sometimes may be your brain only seeking the comfort and satisfaction. But what you really want to do with your gut feeling, instinct and heart is reality.