+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confused as to what he wants

I'm confused as to what he wants

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half,
    He just turned 30 and I'm 24. I live on my own and he still lives with his family.
    Problem here is he's very timid at expressing his feelings to me when we are
    Alone. I can can tell him all the time how much I love him, and I have mentioned
    To him about moving in together in a near future, but he says he's not ready to
    Give him more time? And for a minute there I can go thinking maybe he doesn't
    Want what I want. Yet we go out with my friends or his friends and he won't hesitate
    Telling them how much he loves me and how him and I trust each other and
    Get so great along. Something he woulnt dare do when we first started dating.
    It's just confusing as to when we are alone he's scared to tell me how he feels, but
    Can tell all his friends how he feels??

Sounds like he maybe needs a little more time to work out what he wants. That seems like a normal thing to tell his friends how he feels. You two seem serious about each other so maybe you should let things develop at their own pace. Plenty of time for moving in together!! Go and have some fun and don't worry too much

That's true, do not worry too much about the moving in together idea. Do new activities and and slowly learn more about each other . Your only 24 as well, you got a long way to go!
    What you want sometimes may be your brain only seeking the comfort and satisfaction. But what you really want to do with your gut feeling, instinct and heart is reality.

He loves you. He shows you that he does and he tells his friends that he does. Just because he's not ready to move in with you does not mean he doesn't love you.

Why would you want to move in with him? Why wouldn't you wait until he's ready to spend his life with you and asks you to marry him?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion