+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok girls, I need help!

Ok girls, I need help!

So, my fiance of 2 years started talking about kids this week... how he wants them and what not..

don't get me wrong I like kids and I want to have them... LATER much later. and I tried telling him that but he doesn't seem to be listening and last night he asked me to stop taking the pill... what can I do to make him realize that this is too soon for me?

Well since you are the one who is going to be carrying the child/children, you are doing the right thing by waiting until you are ready. As you say you do want children later, I imagine you mean a lot less than 10 years down the road so he won't be waiting for an unreasonable amount of time. Raising a child is very rewarding but hard work and both parents must be into it for the benefit of the child. If you are not married yet then what's the rush on his part?
    In my opinion, he should be willing to wait a couple of more years until you are both ready and if he doesn't seem to be listening then tell him again. He needs to understand how serious this subject is.
    May I ask if he is the type who will be fully committed to his role as a father?

Oh yes, he is DEFINATELY the type to be all in and totally devoted to the child, I'm afraid that I might not be...

it's perhaps not that he WON'T listen but that I'm not making myself clear... I just don't know how to say it to him.. he gets really excited when he thinks about becoming a father... his older sister has 3 and he's been the favourite uncle since they were born and the boys stay over at our place often... wich is why I fear that I'm not fit to be a mother... those three completely exhaust me in 2 hours flat....

Well, considering that you know your not ready yet, don't stop taking that little pill quite yet; and you must be honest with him (of course) about it too.
    Do you love him dearly? Seems you do. Do you see yourself having a baby with this man sometime over the next 5 years or is it crunch time now?

Big decision making babies, raising babies. You must do what is right for you. Last thing you'll want is to get pushed into pregnancy as it risks possibly harbouring some resentful vibes towards the Family unit; if not at first, perhaps eventually so yes, take your time. He'll understand hopefully.
    good luck to you and yours