+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Respect...

Respect...

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for a year now, but in the past 3 months there's been a bit of a problem. It's connected with the issue of respect. For those past 3 months my gf would, from time to time, start annoying me for the fun of it, with "jokes" like "That guy is hot", "I went with a guy to the swimming pool". I find these "jokes" absolutely sick and insulting. She always says 30 seconds later it's just a joke because she likes when I'm jealous. Well, I don't. I effing hate it. And I'm getting really uncomfortable with it. How should I confront her about it ? I suppose I should wait till she does it next time, but how should I go about it ? I do have the ability to be a bit tougher than natural if she displays bad behaviour, but I don't want to overdo it, if you know I mean. Walking out of the room isn't really a solution, because she'd say I'm going mental or something. I think I should say something. Something that isn't that nice to hear to make her stop. Any suggestions ? I really want this to stop because it kills positive thoughts about the relationship.

Can't you just say you find it extremely annoying and disrespectful? Sorry, I'm not an expert.

Ask her how she would feel if you started saying it about other girls? And explain how it makes you feel.

If she's trying to do it to get a reaction out of you then dint give her the satisfaction! And that will annoy her!

But if she's doing it to make you jealous then you have to ask yourself why? Does she just want the attention or is there more to it? Maybe she feels that's the only way she can get your attention?

If she is approachable then I would just sit down and try and have a mature conversation about it.

She's pushing your buttons but you have to ask yourself why. There might be a less-than-obvious reason; she's not doing it just because it's funny; it's a joke that has long ceased to be funny. Now, you don't have to be 'tougher than is natural' with her - you're not her dad. Simply tell her - hey, I don't find that funny, it's kind of annoying since you're my girlfriend and it's not really 'funny' to hear about you finding other guys hot and so forth. How would you like it if I commented on another girls body? If you're trying to get a reaction, you already got it so perhaps we could agree to be more respectful from now on? You don't need to resort to this just to get my attention'. Or something like that.

You know what to do already, tell her about it. Time a time when she's in a really good mood. Be sincere, tell her you don't find it funny when she says jokes like that. If she's really worth it, she'll respect your choice
    What's sabotaging your chances at love? --> https://dyenag.leadpages.net/kick-ass