+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke up with my boyfriend because of his new side job

Broke up with my boyfriend because of his new side job

Hi there. First, thanks for reading - I'll try and get straight to the point.

I fell in love in January with my now ex-boyfriend (I'm gay). We met when he was in town looking for a job because he planned on moving to this city. A few months after getting to know each other in a long distance relationship, he moved. He's had trouble making the amount of money he wants, making new friends in this new city etc. I guess he assumed life would be easier.

Now he says if he isn't happy by March, he's moving back, but that's not why we broke up.

To make more money outside of working at the gay club he works at (now he's bartending shirtless), he signed up on a gay sensual massage website where men can see his shirtless pictures, call him and arrange a "sensual" massage (a lot of other profiles on that site the men are naked, it's not like a massageenvy.com). Also, he's not certified. They go to his apartment or him to their hotel room. His profile also says he'll provide "good conversation." One client took him to dinner after, and now wants to give him $8000 to help him. There are so many red flags, and he thinks is this is an honest living and he's in 100% control. He told me "love doesn't pay the bills." He says if anything got shady he would kick them out, but my side is he's putting himself in a compromising position where something COULD happen.

I can't live my life wondering what guy sought out my boyfriend for a sensual massage, and it's killing me because he's a good person, but this crosses the line for me. I need an outside perspective. Would you be ok with your significant other doing this?

Thanks

IT CROSSES THE LINE FOR YOU. That's a personal boundary of yours so don't tear it down to accommodate a douche that is going to do what he's going to do. It's ALL about him afterall.

It makes no never mind if we'd be okay with it or not. (Although I suspect most of us wouldn't be sticking around the likes of him).

It crosses the line for you: That means it's a deal breaker and since he's not giving it up no matter what you say then you should break up with him (which you've done) and find someone that's not giving happy ending rub downs to solicited johns.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 23-09-14 at 03:04 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You have to trust your boyfriend. If he says nothing will happen then nothing will. That's what trust him. Now if you don't trust him, break up with him fast, you don't want to spend every waking day of your life with him thinking if he's lying or not. Goodluck!
    What's sabotaging your chances at love? --> https://dyenag.leadpages.net/kick-ass

Yeah trust is to important. Once your partner crosses that "line" its hard to forgive.