+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice

Advice

I am recently divorced with 2 kids and I have been talking to someone who is also divorced with 2 kids. It started off as a friend thing but I would kind of like to see if it could go farther. We haven't really talked about dating or anything, but we both get along great and we've both had the same life experience so it's super easy to talk to her. The problem is that we have a lot of the same friends that knew us when we were with our exes. If we were to start dating, would that be too uncomfortable for them for us to really enjoy ourselves around them if we were to see them out? We have both been single for a while, but still when you are used to seeing someone with a certain person it can be strange.

It could be a little weird at first, but I really wouldn't let that dictate whether or not you attempt to take the relationship further. If you think there could be something there, don't let something like that stop you. If it works out, people will just have to get used to it, and in time they will.

I mean, it's not like a situation where it is your best friend's ex, right? That is a bit more of a no-no. But, it sounds like this is just a case where you both happen to have known the same people when you were with your exes. I don't see why that should be a problem. Again, it may be a little weird for them at first, but what they think about it is not important. What you and she think about it is.

At the end of the day you have to worry about who you are going to be with. Are you going to be dating those people "who might be uncomfortable", living with them, having sex with them? No. So don't worry about what they are comfortable with and live your life. They're living their lives without caring what you think, you should do the same.