+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love too much...help

Love too much...help

My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 years, just yesterday he gave me a ring as a proposal to get married but he never really said anything other than give me the ring, today I asked why he didn't propose and he got really mad and like usual flipped everything and made it seem like I have problems and told me to give the ring back so he can pawn it, it hurts me because it does mean a lot to me and I have a feeling he doesn't feel the same way. I try to talk to him but he always turns things around and makes it look like I'm the bad person. I love this man but when I try to talk about our problems he gets upset and turns things around on me, he told me not to tell anyone that I am engaged because he doesn't want me to brag about it, first of all I want going to run around and tell the whole world, only my sister mom and dad. Am I over reacting for asking why he didn't propose ? Am I a bad person for trying to talk about our problems?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry typo...I meant to say I wasn't* going to run around telling the whole world.

Why do you want to be with this man? Based on the little you've said...I'd turn around and walk the other way.

What kind of guy asks you to keep your engagement a secret? Who just shoes a ring in your face, without a proposal? He sounds like an ogre who could zap the sunshine out of a tropical island.

....Am I just an overly romantic guy? To me, it is 100% unacceptable that he just GAVE you the ring. No circumstance, no plan, no nothing. Good God, did he even say anything? Was it just *GRUNT* *BURP* "Wanna do this?" *Throws the ring at you*

That is a wonderful moment that, HOPEFULLY you only ever get once. The guy should at least do something to make it personal and special. I mean, don't get me wrong. Not all guys are crazy romantic. That happens to be a gift of mine, so maybe I'm just not the right person to ask. Still, to put absolutely no thought into it makes it seem like it means nothing to him.

Asking you not to tell people, to me, would be a HUGE red flag, perhaps even a deal breaker altogether.

How can you think for a second you are a bad person for simply trying to talk to him about it? CRIPES! You shouldn't HAVE TO talk about something like that in the first place. ARRRGH! Sorry. That just kinda irks me. Some things just really SHOULD be special. There are so few special moments in our lives anymore, especially once you reach adulthood. A proposal should be one of them. Can you imagine telling people that story? People do tend to ask how he proposed.

Good luck, my friend. I hope you find who you are truly meant to be with, whether that does end up being him or not.

He's an asshole. This is the best you could find in your town huh? Wow. Goodluck.