+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is she using no contact to get over me easier? can i still save this??

is she using no contact to get over me easier? can i still save this??

so my girlfriend and i have been dating for around 5 months. we live 30min apart and we both have jobs and school so we usually plan stuff on the weekends to see each other. i would drive to her place Friday and leave monday morning. and she would often do the same coming to my place. she introduced me to her mother and father, and they approved of me. ive even met her best friends. everything was going great. we always did fun things on the weekends and there was never a boring day that we spent together. we fell in love pretty quickly after about 2 months of being together. im the second man she has ever slept with and dated and the first guy she has ever told that she loved. shes 20 im 22 .the last weekend we spent together was only one day because she had work and other priorities that got in the way of our time so we went to concert together and i ended up leaving on Saturday. after i left she had called me no more than an hour later and said that we should take a break. she said that every time she said that she loved me she didn't feel it anymore over the last week. her feelings just weren't the same, and that it wouldn't be fair to me to be with her when she doesn't feel the same way. i had called her the following day. and talked with her about why she doesnt feel the same and she said she didnt know. and that im the best thing thats ever happend to her. she said that the hardest thing about this is knowing that shes hurting me in the process. we both were crying on the phone talking to each other. she even said that she tried texting me less the prior week to see how that went for her =/ i was kind of shocked by that statement.. also that she had been thinking about ending it the prior weekend but wanted to hold on a bit longer she said that she finally knew she wanted it to be over when i asked to talk to her about why shes always on her phone texting while were together on the weekend and that i felt like she cared more about texting her friends than she did spending time with me. this wasnt an argument btw just us sitting down and talking together. we've never fought with eachother or yelled or ever had any confrontation between us.she had apologized and said that she knew she was on her phone too much that weekend and that she felt bad about it. after talking on the phone for about an hour finally we came to the conclusion that i would drive to her place to pick up some things i had left at her house 2 weeks after our talk on the phone. during that time she said she didnt want any contact until then so she can think. i sent her one text the following day telling her that i understand she needs her space and that im going to give her all the time she needs and that im here for her. she replied saying "thanks for saying that and have a good week ill talk to you in 2 weeks" im now on day 3 of NC and when i meet up with her then im going to be the happy, funny charming guy she fell in love with when we first met. hoping this will work and talk with her and catch up over lunch or a walk. until then how do i know that she will be thinking about me and not using no contact to slowly get over me?? this all seems so sudden and out of the blue to me leaving me very confused O.o especially after meeting my parent the weekend before we split up!

There's something missing here.
    People don't just break up over no reason like this. She's not giving u the full story: either there's someone else, she's Not attracted to you, or something else who knows. The point Is that it doesn't matter her reasoning on doing no contact. That is what's best. Being friends with an ex you have feelings for just draws out the process and makes it much much harder to move on.
    I'd be careful here. She may break up for two weeks like she's saying, then get back with you, only because she misses you and realizes its harder than she thinks to find someone else. I know it seems like a good thing that she would miss you, but it is normal to miss an ex. It doesn't necessarily mean the relationship is good or that u even love them. It just means u don't like being alone and u miss the security and company. So id take caution. She may take u back cuz she's lonely even though she has no feelings still. Then do this to you again in 6 months which would be even more painful. I'd view her backing out already as not a good sign for a long lasting relationship.
    There's SOME reason she broke up with you. If she truly just "doesn't have feelings anymore" then that could mean a lot of things. It's not a good sign either that u don't know the reason and that she's not willing to talk to you about it and trying to change it. Ignoring it for two weeks isn't going to do anything. Maybe she's testing someone else out,.. I wouldn't trust her.
    Last edited by purple_roses; 16-10-14 at 02:25 AM.

thank you so much for the reply! she also lives in washington state

she even told me like 2 weeks before we split that she usually panics about her feelings 5 months into her relationships. i asked her if she was just doing that again this time with me and she said no its not that, and that its different this time. but i still think thats her reasoning. im like 80% sure that there isnt any other man in her life, but then again im not 100% :/ we met online and our friendship grew over texting and facebook for the first month before we finally met and began hanging out every weekend. should i continue to persue her through these 2 weeks sending her a few funny/ cute texts? or should i really hold out the whole no contact? i told her that i cant be friends with her if we split up for good. i care about her as more than a friend i love her and i just cant do the friends thing. and would it be a bad idea to contact her best friend on facebook and ask about her for advice?? her best friend lives a long ways away and they only talk to eachother through text and phone calls and FB. she(her best friend) came over to her house for a week during our relationship so i got to meet her, she said she really likes me. and even talked with me in private about how she hopes i never hurt her(my girlfriend) and stuff and i told her i really care about her. and id never do anything like that.

This is going to sound a little harsh but I'm not trying to be. Under NO circumstances contact her or her best-friend, not even funny little texts because I guarantee you she will not find them funny. She has asked for no contact & you have to respect that. been there done that!!

Alright so I guess I'll go no contact until the 24th when we plan on meeting up to get some of my things back. She just seems like she's already gotten over the whole thing. Judging by her Facebook posts and comments. She seems to be pretty happy. Is it possible to get someone back after a 2 week break?

I think for the moment you need to think about your own life & making yourself happy instead of worrying if you can get her back after a 2 week break. Look at finding your own power, hang out with friends & do things YOU enjoy. Stop expending so much of your energy worrying about if you'll get back with her or not. The more you chase something the harder it is to catch it.

She sounds very conflicted about her feelings for you, on what you've told us. I think she she has more to tell you but isn't able to verbalize or put it all into thoughts right now and wanted space to sort her thoughts and feelings, I would respect the NC and wait for her to reach out to you again.

No hon, don't contact her! Its confusing and harsh but she is only 20 and she doesn't sound like she wants a relationship with you. Nobody asks for two weeks to think about a relationship that is going anywhere! Don't be a doormat. Cut contact and go out and enjoy yourself. See what happens! You will be ten times more interesting to her if you just get on with your own life but don't hanker on her coming back. Don't think either it is anything you have done. Sometimes, the chemistry is missing through no fault of anyone.

She could be or maybe only to put distance so you see she wants to move on from you.