+ Follow This Topic

Thread: kind of desperate to get a relationship

kind of desperate to get a relationship

Hi there i came across this forum and i was hoping I could get a little hand here with my problem.
    My name is Jackie. I am 27 years old and I work as a engineer. Currently I am 3 years single and in this 3 years I have tried to find a right partner with the future in mind me turning 30 soon. So I am going to be dead honest with my problem. My social skills with picking up women are terrible. I know what to do, what to say, how to act but i can't make the move to actually start a conservation with strangers. It just feels awkward to me and I am not comfortable in doing that, it's like some fear. I am a good looking guy and I get tons of attention from women, but well that's not good enough to get me anywhere without talking. And my second problem where to find a decent women considering my situation. Let me explain.

I did a lot of internet dating. Because it was just more comfortable for me. I tried internet dating for 2 years and still got me no where. I really believe internet dating is a waste of time for me considering the countless conversations and contacts I had. I just have bad experience with it and it tends to have a lot of problem individuals.

I go a lot to clubs. Yes they are full with good looking women. But the age usually around 18-22 it's just too young for me and to be honest I don't see a lot of decent well educated women in clubs. And hey if I do i don't speak to them either, great! I also visit a lot of festivals but I counter my social problem here once again.

My social life is very limited, I actually only have one friend. I have a couple relatives besides that, that's it. So not much help here either. In our office everyone is married. So nu luck there either. I also visit the gym a couple times a week, no success either.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Jackie27; 27-10-14 at 10:47 AM.

Why not join a hobby where you can meet people of a similar age who you have something in common with? Try getting to know someone a little first and actually like the person and see some potential in her instead of random strangers. Your lacking in connecting and its very hard to do that with someone you know nothing about.

You could also try getting a bunch of the lads at work to go for drinks every friday which will expand your social scene and someone may offer to set you up on a date. Or you could get to know one of the locals or a barmaid or waitress if you go to the same place regularly. And don't assume these women are "uneducated" because of where they work. They could be in college or qualified and trying to get a new job. Making assumptions like that is ridiculous.

I work in mcdonalds right now. You would never think I have 2diplomas, experience in management and have been promoted 4 times in 7months since I started there. That is why you have to get to know people without assuming anything

Good luck

I wouldn't' recommend going to clubs to find your soul mate. You can't really get to know someone with music pounding in your ears and if you guys are half drunk :p However, it's completely normal to feel this way because you are 27 years old. You need to take care of yourself first. By that, you need to understand your worth and find someone that completes you.

I had a friend who was in your same situation and she would just settle for guys that were not that great. Until I told her about valuing her self worth, then she found someone!

You should try speed dating, it's become a lot more mainstream.