+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Aethist or Religious?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's a matter of opinion.

Okay, back to the topic now please.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    That's a matter of opinion.

Okay, back to the topic now please.
    Most of your initial response was opinion!

You know what, I really have a lot to say, but I am done with this thread, because I have been attacked on a personal level for having a differing opinion. You guys suck *two thumbs down*

It seems as though any language based on an entirely different alphabet would be more difficult to learn than one that is similar (or the same) to what one already uses.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    You morons are just arguing the definitions of words.
    That's a personal attack.

Calling someone's argument absurd is not. Do you see the difference? I attack your standing, I don't attack you. And yet every time I've ever had an opinion that differed from yours you call me a moron or an idiot or something and then you say you have lots to add but I insulted your intelligence and you're too mature for this and then you leave.

It's starting to get old. If you don't want to have a discussion don't throw a bunch of outrageous remarks out there.
    Last edited by Gribble; 21-09-08 at 04:03 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

According to my calculations the problem doesn't exist.

it's a joke
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    That's a personal attack.

Calling someone's argument absurd is not. Do you see the difference? I attack your standing, I don't attack you. And yet every time I've ever had an opinion that differed from yours you call me a moron or an idiot or something and then you say you have lots to add but I insulted your intelligence and you're too mature for this and then you leave.

It's starting to get old. If you don't want to have a discussion don't throw a bunch of outrageous remarks out there.
    How is referring to a group of people as morons in a sarcastic way at all personal? How do you take that to a personal level? I think it's personal when you basically say all the things which I have said are absurd in one way or another (the way you have worded it) or the usual desperate attempt in referencing the cucumber thread (which gets old, I like your more original insults, to be honest.)

This thread has gotten too personal to cultivate anything meaningful from it. That's all I was really pointing out. And then it turns into some sort of technical linguistics argument, which I tend to know a lot about. But if you disagree with me, hey that's your problem!
    Last edited by anachronistic; 21-09-08 at 04:18 AM.

How much can you know? Aren't you are still in your first year of college?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ Exactly.

It just bothers me to no end when people act like the reigning authority on a subject without being able to back it up with enough experience or education to make it so.

I, personally, am not trying to pick on you, 'Wing. I'm just saying, don't act like a know-it-all when you don't know it all. It annoys people. It's merely friendly advice, and it goes for a few people on this board.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

anachronistic Guest
    Oh for **** sake, get a load of that.

I eat my words, when I am wrong. Trying to tell me I am a know it all for having my own opinion is complete crap. Yes, I probably came off as a smarty pants when I called everyone a bunch of morons, but that's okay, just need to work on my sarcasm.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 21-09-08 at 05:50 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get a load of what?

anachronistic Guest
    What a waste of my time.

This is why I never get into theological arguments. So much of it comes down to peoples own religious traditions or teachings and these are highly varied and personal.

I don't even know what ya'll are arguing about up there ^^^ but it doesn't sound like religion anymore.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Yes, I probably came off as a smarty pants when I called everyone a bunch of morons, but that's okay, just need to work on my sarcasm.
    Dude, this is definitely not the first time you've tried to mask your insults as "misunderstood sarcasm".

Cut the shit and just own up to your offensive remarks.

anachronistic Guest
    I'm not trying to mask insults, you finger pointing bastard! << This is not sarcastic.

I seriously have a problem communicating on the internet, when you can't hear the sarcastic tones in my voice, or the cheeky smile on my face.

If you don't believe that, you can suck ma'balls << not sarcasm either.

Where's the love?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast