+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: misombra's inequivocable hatred for the police deepens.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, so I had the choice of killing whoever was attacking me with a single bullet, whereas a .357 or 9mm would leave them alive. Sorry but if someone wants to forcefully attack me I want them dead

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    No offense, DM, but you sound way too immature to be trusted with a gun in public, at least based on some of your posts. I hope your posts are mostly just bluster, or I expect we'll be seeing your posts from prison in a few years.
    Naw Indi, a lot of my posts are just rantings without greater meaning than just ranting

Even the one above me

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, FWIW I think I mentioned I have shot .22 rifles myself when I was younger. To me, its just another tool, one deserving respect. My husband (who very much enjoys the rifle range) felt it important I knew how to handle a gun we would likely have in our home and I quite agree.

Its becoming topical again, actually, b/c my son has been asking about an air rifle. Its currently under discussion in our home. Personally, I think 8 is a bit young yet, but perhaps w/supervision it might be okay. Will see.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Indi, something FAR better than an airsoft gun- A paintball gun. I didn't get into paintball until I was maybe a sophomore in high school, I can't remember, but I wished I got into it sooner. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun. I cannot stress it enough. Ask your son about that, there are probably many places both indoor and outdoor in Vancouver to play

BUY your son a paintball gun, he will thank you for it. It is very differeny from airsoft and target shooting because it is pretty much a legitimate sport, but maybe the funnest I've ever played. He should get involved in that, it's just a thrill. I get so excited just thinking about playing with my friends back from Rochester... drinking Red Bull, playing paintball.

Oh and to answer your questions from the other thread-

I was around your sons age when I shot some airsoft rifles for the first time, my uncle brought them over to my house at a family party and we did some target shooting. Got a CO2 powered BB gun when I was around 10

Shot a real gun for the first time when I was maybe 11, got my first real gun when I was 13
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 01-08-08 at 06:54 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's a thought. Tho I think he's really too young. Last time in Toys R Us, he was begging me for a Marshmallow gun, have you seen these? Tho I'm a peacenix at heart, these made me laugh:

[url]http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3114006[/url]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXw2In1nv_4"]YouTube - Marshmallow Shooter fun!!![/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, that looks like it would be a ton of fun with a bunch of honey coated naked hookers

people need guns to protect their dogs from the police.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I hope the absolute worst for those police officers. The ABSOLUTE worst

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exactly. You could have an xstacy orgy party and call it "Smores & More".
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Indie, if you want to teach your son the responsibilities of a firearm, don't teach him them with a 'toy'. Those airsoft guns that fire plastic pellets are nothing more than trouble, I am telling you now from first hand experience. Paintball guns too. Those are things you get after you learn the responsibility of a firearm. Teach the boy with a 22 LR. Have your husband take him out and practice for a while... then have him kill an animal with it, and have your husband show him how to clean it on the field - this will teach him the responsibilities of the rifle, or any firearm.

I don't know if 8 is too young or not. I didn't learn how to shoot a gun until I was 14 years old, which was how old I was when I moved to the badlands.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    An air rifle is not the same as an airsoft gun. Air rifles are great for learning how to handle a firearm.

Personally, if your husband owns a rifle I think it'd be a good idea to let your son learn about it and fire it. There's no better way to dispel potentially dangerous curiosity.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    An air rifle is not the same as an airsoft gun. Air rifles are great for learning how to handle a firearm.

Personally, if your husband owns a rifle I think it'd be a good idea to let your son learn about it and fire it. There's no better way to dispel potentially dangerous curiosity.
    I obviously misread the post; air rifles, as long as they shoot high velocity, do make great varmint rifles, and ammunition is cheap. But like I said, you should learn the responsibilities of a FIREARM with a FIREARM. That's just my philosophy.

Haha, potentially dangerous curiosity.. I like that

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, I meant an air rifle.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Twice in one week in NYC... I hear there was a 3rd incident, but I don't know what it is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxR-rp_DbxY"]YouTube - 2nd NYPD POLICE BRUTALITY VIDEO Michael Cephus July 30, 2008[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkiyBVytRQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Critical Mass Bicyclist Assaulted by NYPD[/ame]

anachronistic Guest
    ^^ makes me want to go on a police killing spree.

C.O.P.s = Criminals On Patrol.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast