+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: big tits or not?

ah, i'm almost a vegetarian by habit. do eat some fish though.
    I've heard too many bad things about the standards at which livestock is treated in the states. When I buy meat here, I know it lived most of it's life in a green field. If I buy a free range egg, I know it's actually free range, not just "free range" in a giant shed and still subject to inhumane treatment like force molting.

Interesting thread drift indeed...

From breasts to meat?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am toying with the idea of going vegetarian once I am done with nursing school. Right now, my husband is doing a lot of the cooking, though, and he includes meat. I don't have time (nor the inclination) to be picky.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My cousin has never eaten meat before and she's 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm trying to cut fruits and vegetables out of my diet.

I don't know how you loons can go through life without eating another steak. A life without prime rib is a life not worth living.

Steak is amazing, I haven't had it for ages. My favourite veg is brocoli.

meat is there to be eaten, your body needs protein - sure you can get protein from other sources, but meat (chicken/beef/fish) is the most conveneint and effecient, you are really harming yourself by excluding protien from your daily diet, even if you resort to "supplements" for protien, those supps are very harsh on the digestive system and can be damaging in the long term

Tiay: it might be harsh, but who gives a **** about who animals are treated? its not inhumane, because animals are not human - i am not saying go out of your way to deliberately harm them, but they are just animals for ****'s sake,i would worry about the people living on the streets before i start give a **** about some cow in some farm, if thats the reason you are vegeterian, you really do have a screw loose

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always enjoy the smell of meat, but actually eating it is a bit disappointing.

Zro - you don't have to take supplements to get protein. It can be easily had in tofu and eggs.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

how can you not like that taste of meat, chicken is ****ing good and fish is good when that shit is fresh

havent had tofu so cant judge, but having eggs as your main source of protein (which have to be eaten at least twice a day) will seriously **** up your digestive system - too much dairy is always a bad thing, and it ****s it up faster than supps within three days on an egg diet, and you will be shitting 10 times a day, trust me i tried it when i was trying to bulk up, it is nasty

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eggs aren't dairy...

Tofu doesn't taste much like anything except for what you cook it in. It is best ground up into sauces.

whether eggs are specifically classified as dairy or not - i dont ****ing know, but what i do know is extended consumption of eggs is damaging to the digestive system

and all i heard about tofu is that it tastes like shit, but why constrict yourself, animals are created to be eaten, thats the idea behind a food chain, to go against it (as long as you dont have some kind of allergic reaction or really dislike it) is unnatural, unhealthy and dumb...in my opioion of course

Eggs are poultry.

dairy is used to refer to any food that comes from animal milk. Eggs do not contain milk. So they are not classified as dairy.

Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post
    meat is there to be eaten, your body needs protein - sure you can get protein from other sources, but meat (chicken/beef/fish) is the most conveneint and effecient
    um. not true. meat is an inefficient and unsustainable source of nutrition on a big scale. It takes much more energy to make a pound of meat than if you were to use the same resources to grow other foods. We'd have to be growing the feed for the animals we eat on all available landmass including greenland and the sahara, etc, to give everyone a typical american meat-filled diet.

Tiay: it might be harsh, but who gives a **** about who animals are treated?
    anybody who says this has surrounded themselves in ignorance of what is going on in feedlots and slaughterhouses every day. You have no right whatsoever to make this argument till you watch something like these videos, no skipping. go on, I dare you to watch it and tell me you still don't care. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZpt3DfejRA[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-UpQTpvoes&mode=related&search=[/url]
    (i'm 100% not sure these are the right vids tho 'cos youtube is banned on this connection.)

here are some logical reasons to care, though, if all you care about is your own species:
    1. bad treatment sometimes results in a bad product. there's poop in chicken meat. no really, there is! and because chickens are so weakened in the conditions, and often live next to dead chickens that are left in the cages, disease is rampant- hence you give them more antibiotics. building up a resistance. Propagating diseases that are resistant to it. There are hormones in cows milk in the states because you guys drug them up to make more milk. The effects of this have been shown. Mad Cow disease is a result of grinding up animals and feeding them to other herbivores. This isn't just wrong because it seems unnatural.
    2. It is a bad reflection on the human race. The fact that we can't given animals a decent life and properly and efficiently stun animals before we kill them, even though we have the technology? it's a disgrace to ourselves.

its not inhumane, because animals are not human
    hah, that made me laugh.
    You should check a dictionary first. inhumane doesn't refer to the victim being human- it refers to a human lacking the human qualities of compassion and mercy. That is, if you pay for a cow to be dismembered while still alive (which btw is quite common so if you eat beef you probably have done this unknowingly), that makes you inhumane as a human being. Your own argument betrays you.

i am not saying go out of your way to deliberately harm them, but they are just animals for ****'s sake,
    humans are also animals.

i would worry about the people living on the streets before i start give a **** about some cow in some farm, if thats the reason you are vegeterian, you really do have a screw loose
    read it before you attack. I am not a vegetarian. I merely said I'm almost a vegetarian by habit- meat is expensive, i'm a student, the kitchen is a mess which isn't good for preparing raw meats, and I'm getting about 50 to 60 g of protein a day anyway. I'm also not a vegetarian because the regulations in europe are better than in the states.
    In defence of people who are vegetarians for that reason, though: wtf? that makes no sense. all they're doing is reducing the amount of suffering in the world through purchasing decisions. It's a bit hard to cure homelessness by merely changing your diet. Heck at least they're doing something, even if it's not in the hierarchy of importance you assigned!
    Last edited by Tiay; 09-05-07 at 12:41 AM.

extended consumption of eggs is damaging to the digestive system
    big deal, extended consumption of any food is bad. moderation. duh.

and all i heard about tofu is that it tastes like shit,
    the only way tofu would taste like shit is if that person literally put shit in the pan with it, because tofu has no taste: it tastes like whatever you spice it with.

but why constrict yourself, animals are created to be eaten, thats the idea behind a food chain, to go against it (as long as you dont have some kind of allergic reaction or really dislike it) is unnatural, unhealthy and dumb...in my opioion of course
    and what animal designed the food chain and put itself on top of it? eh?
    seriously though, I partially agree with this. However, animals are not our property, "designed" solely for humans to eat them. However, it is only natural, as a predator, to eat some meat. I got no beef with that! However, it is also our duty to not cause unnecessary suffering.
    Last edited by Tiay; 09-05-07 at 12:36 AM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast