+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: He's perfect...except I wish he were richer?

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I just didn't realize how much older Ygg was than me. I'm 20 Ygg
    That's ok buddy.. nobody is perfect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I see we're in for another Indi - Eco mud wrestling match....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChampage View Post
    Thanks so much to vashti, indireloaded, damn2008, and the few other people who offered genuinely good advice without judging me.

Despite the many posts by:

1. Raving lunatics with obvious mental, anger, and self-worth issues

2. Judgmental and rude people who were unable to see past their unfounded bias

3. People with severely impaired reading comprehension levels who never understood or processed things that I've posted REPEATEDLY

4. Delusional people who sadly believe that financial problems NEVER end a relationship...and who ironically tell me to get a reality check...HAHAHAHAHA

5. And other amusing characters...geez, no wonder so many of you are single...

But then again, should I expect any better from an online relationship forum? Anyway, I digress. Back to what I was saying...

I've found some good advice and constructive criticism from people here. I've always believed, and still do, that anyone who enters into a marriage without first considering mutual finances is impractical, especially if they are a working professional who plans on having a family.

I've concluded that I will give this further thought before approaching the subject with him. I certainly won't dump him over this and never wanted to do so (despite what some of you quick-to-judgment people have automatically assumed); I simply wanted a stranger's objective perspective (although obviously some were not) on my concerns.

As some others have suggested, he and I will discuss these concerns together to better envision our future and we will also work together to reach our goals. Additionally, the misogynistic and derogatory male responses to my thread have made me appreciate my boyfriend SO MUCH MORE and I am truly grateful that he is not like any of them.

So, I bid you all farewell and I wish you good luck in your relationship pursuits, for those who are single. One word of advice: some of you may want to address your anger and mental issues and reconsider your judgmental personalities before you can have any success finding a partner.
    Thats because you're a whore sweety. Just admit it, it gets easier.

We're all whores at one point or another. I was a whore once. Many people are always whores for their entire lives.

I just finished reading a 200 pages consultancy report and I can assure you they're whores too. They **** people for money and so do you. Its the American way but it doesn't make you any less of a bitch.

Just admit you area dirt filthy whore and I'll have no problems with you.

^^lol you're such a troll
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    I just finished reading a 200 pages consultancy report and I can assure you they're whores too. They **** people for money
    ^This is SO true! LOL. 'Mindfukc Reports' definitely count as whoring, especially when written for politicos. But that's b/c that's the language they speak, doll. Pimps & whores, such is our political system.

The rest of your post sucks, tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

What is this bullshit about you needing to be well-off financially to send your children to college? I'm paying for my college entirely on my own, and I'm by no means well-off financially.

Yes, money is a reason for divorce; however, you need to bring out some statistics that state the level of income in the marriage that led to divorce. You combine for almost $105,000 per year. You can't compare your life with that of someone that combines for $60,000.

He shouldn't have to change jobs for you. He should do what he wants and loves and you should support him no matter what. My gf, if we make it to marriage, is going to be making only 35-45k when she is done with her degree. That's it. I'll eventually be making over $100k on my own, but the point is that I have no desire to leave her over her finances. As long as my family is comfortable, I'm fine.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Oh, and by the way, if you spend as much helping to tutor your kids instead of bitching about your spouse's income then your children will be able to attain a scholarship to college and won't have to use mommy and daddy's large income.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChampage View Post
    You guys do realize that one of the main reasons why couples break up and why marriages end in divorce is due to financial problems, right?

Like I've said before, I don't want a millionaire, I just want financial stability. I don't want a flashy car or expensive jewelry. I want to have kids someday and I'd like for us to be able to afford to help them pursue their hobbies, to send them to college, etc... without having to fight and stress over money issues.

Any HELPFUL thoughts or suggestions instead of stupid comments like those above would be most welcome.
    Girl, I don't care, I agree completely with what you're saying....it's not that she wants a millionaire, but financial stress does lead to problems in relationships....speaking from experience.....I totally understand my dear.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Oh, and by the way, if you spend as much helping to tutor your kids instead of bitching about your spouse's income then your children will be able to attain a scholarship to college and won't have to use mommy and daddy's large income.
    Actually, if she becomes faculty at a university (as is her plan), kids tuition is covered. FWIW.

But usually, children of professionals are very well educated/intelligent. They tend to have other problems: sense of entitlement, behavioural problems from absent parents who overcompensate with 'guilt toys', that kind of thing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Thats because you're a whore sweety. Just admit it, it gets easier.

We're all whores at one point or another. I was a whore once. Many people are always whores for their entire lives.

I just finished reading a 200 pages consultancy report and I can assure you they're whores too. They **** people for money and so do you. Its the American way but it doesn't make you any less of a bitch.

Just admit you area dirt filthy whore and I'll have no problems with you.
    What the hell is the matter with you retards?!!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    George rides the short bus, Elf. He's learning. Pay him no mind. Look at a few of his other posts & you'll get the gist of him.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Honestly, if I wanted more money and my partner was satisfied with her job, I'd simply make more money myself through investments and other business ventures. That allows me to keep who I have and still have the money taken care of.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by elfen31 View Post
    Girl, I don't care, I agree completely with what you're saying....it's not that she wants a millionaire, but financial stress does lead to problems in relationships....speaking from experience.....I totally understand my dear.
    She's creating stress because she's raising the bar way over her head.

There's a difference.

Honey.

My problem with the OP is that she seems to be expecting to fail in the future because she feels she will not have enough money. I also dont understand this putting kids through college thing,but to each it's own. I think pressuring him to make the money SHE wants him to make will drive him away faster than lack of money. I doubt you're gonna get money coming out your ass right off the bat. They've got so much time to build up money for their family. I just think she's freaking out way before her time.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i agree with OP but don't have time to elaborate.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast