+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: could i have some advice please - getting a girl

So how can i do a bit of friendly touching when we go out as friends then, as a group? And be a bit flirtatious?

I'm going to give it a week, make sure things are cool, then ask her on a date i think.

No one?

Quote Originally Posted by bluewahoo View Post
    No one?
    We're in no rush, you said yourself you're giving it a week, so you don't need a response in 11 seconds

I personally would not give it a week, I'd take the initiative ASAP. Imagine how you'd feel if some other guy swept in during this period. If I'm interested in someone, I don't wait. If a first date goes well, I always send a text the next day to thank her and confirm if she'd like to meet again. if she is interested, she will WANT to hear from you.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

yeah, i said im going to give it a week to ask her on a date, well i was until you said that :p

But we are going out as a big group of friends later on today, and wanted to know how to act flirty, and be a bit touchy without creeping her out!

Thanks

response within the next hour would be good going out then, long journey lol! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    We're in no rush, you said yourself you're giving it a week, so you don't need a response in 11 seconds

I personally would not give it a week, I'd take the initiative ASAP. Imagine how you'd feel if some other guy swept in during this period. If I'm interested in someone, I don't wait. If a first date goes well, I always send a text the next day to thank her and confirm if she'd like to meet again. if she is interested, she will WANT to hear from you.
    I wouldn't give it a week either. If she is interested, she won't be more interested in a week, and you run the risk of her finding someone else to date.

This thread needs to be saved for later. It made me smile.

Anyway, first off: bluewahoo, stop begging for responses within an hour; if someone has something to say, they'll say it. Posting "ANYONE PLEASE LOVE ME??? LOL" isn't going to do anything but annoy us.

Secondly, I'd avoid touching when you're around your group of friends. A negative response there might cause more problems than her being uncomfortable when it's just the two of you alone.

Go out, have a good time tonight, and then when you talk to her alone later, just ask her out on the next date. Quit being such a huge pussy.

ok...Thanks....

I don't get why your saying she won't be interested after a week and find someone else to date, she hasn't been with anyone in the past 2 years, and doesn't "date" people that i know to, and someone i know told her he likes her, and she said we're only friends... Whether thats a good thing for me, i don't know!

ok...Thanks....

I don't get why your saying she won't be interested after a week and find someone else to date, she hasn't been with anyone in the past 2 years, and doesn't "date" people that i know to, and someone i know told her he likes her, and she said we're only friends... Whether thats a good thing for me, i don't know!
    Because people lose patience, get tired of waiting, etc. If she is interested, it means she is likely thinking about you, and after several days of no development, that gets old, the mind moves on because it thinks it isn't going to happen.

Even the 3 day rule is obsolete in today's era of texting and facebooking. You need to make her know and stop putting it off. A week from now you'll be back here asking again how to ask her out, and putting it off further. Imagine how much less stress you'd feel if you know right now if she would date you or not. Your fear of rejection is crippling you.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Your fear of rejection is crippling you.
    Yeah, thats all true, especially the above, and also the fact if she says no, i won't be able to go out with any friends becase it'd be so awkward.

ok...Thanks....

I didn't say that.

I said she won't be MORE interested in a week than she is now.

AND, if you wait a week, you run the risk of her finding someone else to date. Two separate things.

Know what 2nd place is? First loser.

She said no, she's not interested.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the help.

Ask her before someone else does goodluck
    The road is coming to an end just catch the highway and meet someone else

Read above post.

my advice is don't use facebook or text. If you can't ask her in person then I'd suggest calling her..but in person would be ideal in my opinion. If you like her then you need to let her know...she's not a mind reader. The worst she could do is say no and even though it may suck at first it's not the end of the world. It'll only become awkward if you let it. good luck!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast