+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: bad stuff happens.

If you keep your back straight at all times, smile on your face and stomack in then after few weeks it will do magic to you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I sure hope so. In either case, I win.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I came up with an idea earlier, it's going to prove something but I won't say what until/if it has the result I expect: From this point on, I'm just going to be a real happy-go-lucky guy. About everything. Optimistic about everything. I haven't decided the timeframe but I'll do it until it produces a clear result. So that means no bashing on anyone or thing. "Darfur? GREAT. It's awesome that there's injustice in the world. So good, really."
    Why are you so binary in your approach? It's one of your biggest failings.

Positivity is great. Happy go lucky is great. Optimism is great. No bashing is great. But finding awesomeness in someone else's misfortune is about as unpleasant as a person can be.

I seriously can't work out if you're just trolling or if you honestly are this stupid/clueless.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I was hinting at the neurotic aspect of some who are overly optimistic. It's a real problem. I've seen some think every single thing is beneficial in some way, which tends to, like you point out, fall on the insensitive side..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I was hinting at the neurotic aspect of some who are overly optimistic. It's a real problem. I've seen some think every single thing is beneficial in some way, which tends to, like you point out, fall on the insensitive side..
    So, don't copy them. It's great to find the silver lining, but not if it means being insensitive.

I would love to see your posts become optimistic and without insults to your peers. It's also worth spending time with optimistic people and following their lead. Negative people drain your energy - so avoid them.

There are two negative people in my life at present and I do all I can to avoid them. I even go as far as making excuses as to why I cannot see them. While I do try to enjoy all different types of people, I do have to avoid Negative Nellies because they suck all my energy.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

My wife's kind of like that... overly optimistic, I mean. Finds the silver lining at ever opportunity, and when something really bad happens that she can't pretend is good in some way, it hits her harder. Panicking about a math test at mid-terms that she hadn't had time to adequately prepare for, for example. Totally fell apart after class, thinking she'd bombed. it.

My turn for once - I pointed out that she was carrying a solid A in the class and that a blown mid-term might bring her down to a B at WORST. Best part? She got a B+ on the test and is still carrying an A.

I call her Pollyanna when she gets too optimistic, and it makes her laugh.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I envy the chronically optimistic and happy people. I wish I knew their secret.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ehhh... I often find it annoying. Well, perhaps exasperating is a better word.

Well, I guess I have been pretty bad. Sorry for the troubles, everyone; you're all very good and so kind to persist in offering me advice even when I was being obstinate, trolling, stupid, frustrated, etc.

I have decided to give up certain things that I enjoy but don't add to trying to live a productive and happy life. I don't think I stand a chance online because my messages won't get past all the other girls receive, so I think I'm going to try my hand in real life and give myself a better chance.

Well, I guess I have been pretty bad. Sorry for the troubles, everyone; you're all very good and so kind to persist in offering me advice even when I was being obstinate, trolling, stupid, frustrated, etc.

I have decided to give up certain things that I enjoy but don't add to trying to live a productive and happy life. I don't think I stand a chance online because my messages won't get past all the other girls receive, so I think I'm going to try my hand in real life and give myself a better chance.
    Who are you? And what have you done with LR ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Ehhh... I often find it annoying. Well, perhaps exasperating is a better word.
    I like optimism, but it must be balanced with a bit of realism. I think resilience is the attribute I most value.

I suuuuck so bad with clothing. I just wear extremely casual clothing all the time and I am sure that is not a very attractive habit. Now I don't mean wearing extremely tacky colors or D&D shirts; literally, all my shirts are hockey shirts and I only wear shorts (although I THINK guys are allowed to get away with this in So.Cal where the winters are generally still pretty warm). I wish I knew where to turn for this; I figure to start there, as I think it would help to do s o.

I suuuuck so bad with clothing. I just wear extremely casual clothing all the time and I am sure that is not a very attractive habit. Now I don't mean wearing extremely tacky colors or D&D shirts; literally, all my shirts are hockey shirts and I only wear shorts (although I THINK guys are allowed to get away with this in So.Cal where the winters are generally still pretty warm). I wish I knew where to turn for this; I figure to start there, as I think it would help to do s o.
    And we're back to the idea of stylist. Or perhaps since you didn't get it, I may have been unclear??? I'm talking about a Personal Stylist - ask at the info desk at the Mall. Tell the stylist that you just want your own, individual style and not necessarily to fit in with any particular tribes.

Thankfully, you're already the type of guy who'd avoid the awfulness of low rider jeans. Uugh

I wasn't sure because I'd never heard of a stylist at the mall. As a matter of fact, I don't even think there's an info desk or any place in the malls here that even really offer any help...I'll look into it. Sounds expensive, though so that means putting that aside until I've saved money I can feel less guilty about on extravagances..

I would strongly recommend you get some pants even if just for dates. Part of the fun of going out on a date is getting dressed up with your partner. And your girl will really appreciate it.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast