+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Re: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    a and b are the same "shallow things" just stated more vaguely....

you may rank his value in your mind (and even self-deny it) regardless of whether or not you explicitly say why guy 1 is better than guy 2

Obv, you don't say stupid stuff like "o he doesnt look like brad pitt" or "o, he makes $10k less than I want" -- but it still registers in your mind what his job is and what the connotations are, how attractive he is to you based on physical characteristics that you value, etc.

And if you discuss penis size, then yes, that makes you a bitch. That's why you don't discuss it--you just decide on your minimum requirements in your mind and go from there. Just as a guy might choose his minimum requirements for the prettiness of a girl's face.
    Its not shallow to want someone your physically attracted to. Thats totally normal. And its not shallow to want a guy whos self motivated and working. Btw i dont like brad pitt. Just used him as an example.

Im not saying having certain standards is a bad thing. Im saying rating someone is bad-whether thats a guy rating a girls look or a girl rating a guys wallet

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Its not shallow to want someone your physically attracted to. Thats totally normal. And its not shallow to want a guy whos self motivated and working. Btw i dont like brad pitt. Just used him as an example.

Im not saying having certain standards is a bad thing. Im saying rating someone is bad-whether thats a guy rating a girls look or a girl rating a guys wallet

??? I just don't follow the logic of why rating is bad, esp. if not done to their face. And btw girls rate guys' appearance even more than wallets. (wait--who rates wallets??? the prestige of certain jobs is not the same thing as rating salary--also job-rating really is only relevant in certain socioeconomic levels/environments, I would assume)

lol wow 10 pages of "its bad--no its not--yes it is"

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    Sigh--k just because a guy doesn't outwardly use it doesn't mean he doesn't THINK it--I assume all people compare potential mates to others based on attractiveness.
    Yees... but there's a huge difference between simply determining whether you are attracted to someone and how attracted to them you are, and actually boasting about it with your friends as if those persons were nothing but a piece of meat for you to drool after or for you to deem unworthy of your consideration.

Again: it's not the rating per se that is bad. It's the whole mentality behind it that makes it bad - because the mentality behind it is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Yees... but there's a huge difference between simply determining whether you are attracted to someone and how attracted to them you are, and actually boasting about it with your friends as if those persons were nothing but a piece of meat for you to drool after or for you to deem unworthy of your consideration.

Again: it's not the rating per se that is bad. It's the whole mentality behind it that makes it bad - because the mentality behind it is bad.
    ........But like.....the mentality is human nature o.O willing it away won't change it....it's been like that since the dawn of time, I bet.

Sorry swan i dont know how to say this in a nice way so ill just come right out and say it without wanting to start a war. Being desperate for guys aporoval doesnt mean you have to agree and pretend to aprove of everything they do. Searock is right. It IS the mentality behind it that i dont agree with

Sorry swan i dont know how to say this in a nice way so ill just come right out and say it without wanting to start a war. Being desperate for guys aporoval doesnt mean you have to agree and pretend to aprove of everything they do. Searock is right. It IS the mentality behind it that i dont agree with

LMAO!

If you really didn't care for guys' approval....why would you care how they rated you? Or about the existence of said rating scale?

Coz i dont like guys who treat women like pieces of meat or objects. Id never date a guy who has this mentality or who rates a girl purely on her looks. Their twats. The only approval i need is my bfs.

Coz i dont like guys who treat women like pieces of meat or objects. Id never date a guy who has this mentality or who rates a girl purely on her looks. Their twats. The only approval i need is my bfs.

kaaaayyyy this is going around in circles. Even if I keep putting out logic, nobody's opinion will become mellow. I give up lol

(whether or not they use a scale outwardly, is irrelevant to the fact that they, in their minds, compare girls on physical attributes--the OP wanted to know what the criteria are)

Well right now this forum is veey quiet and im bored and this thread is more interesting than the tv coz theres nothing on lol. Think ill start a new thread and new discussion. Any ideas?

cats =^..^=

I dont know how to post a thread. I downloaded an app called taptalk to use this forum. Anyone know how to start a new thread on this?

Being desperate for guys aporoval doesnt mean you have to agree and pretend to aprove of everything they do.
    I was thinking the same exact thing! It brings this video to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA0H-SGMrA watch it Ugly_Swan, I think it applies to you pretty well.

Michelle, men have a ratings scale, you have a checklist..what's the difference? Your checklist only dictates if you'd date someone, but not how much? How about the binary rating scale where 0 is no you wouldn't nail her, and 1 is yes you would? It's deterministic like your checklist, so that sounds fair.

We also don't just sit around rating girls for a whole afternoon.

I don't see how rating someone's looks counts as objectifying women or treating them like a piece of meat. It's literally just saying how attractive you think she is. Unless you say it to her, it's not treating her like anything because you're not interacting with her.

Searock, you might think you only associate with guys who don't do it, including your boyfriend, but you'd be sorely mistaken. I know..he said he doesn't.

Lol everyone sane has standards backup-even you do apparantly right now apart from when your drunk.. shudder.. theres nothing wrong with knowing what you want in a mate but i feel there is something wrong in placing a persons whole worth on their looks

And did i not just say we dont wana be rated on whether youd "nail her" or not.. that was my point. I hate guys who do that.

Ya i know were all human and have hormones etc but whats wrong with actually getting to know a person first before wanting to jump their bones
    Last edited by michelle23; 29-11-13 at 05:12 PM.

Re: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I was thinking the same exact thing! It brings this video to mind: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA0H-SGMrA[/url] watch it Ugly_Swan, I think it applies to you pretty well.
    Damn i cant watch it on my phone. Tell me what its about please

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast