+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else feel particularly patriotic on July 4th?

there is only one ireland YOU twit.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I think Indi is talking about the Republic of Ireland, with as capital city Dublin, and Nothern Ireland, which shares a border with the Republic of Ireland to the south and west and has Belfast as it's capital city. Northern Ireland is still as of today, part of the United Kingdom, where as Eco is refering to the island Ireland, which hosts both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

You're both right, and you're both wrong.

Now shake hands, kiss up and sing kumbaya.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I asked 'which Ireland'? Go ahead and repost what I actually wrote, Eco. Including your initial out-of-the-blue calling me a computer (thanks again).

But, yes, you are totally right. I am certainly very unaware of the fact there is North Ireland and that 3rd world 'other Ireland'. I never heard of bombs in London or the IRA either. I've been living in a cave for most of my adult life studying molecules in a test tube. I heard its very common for people like me to be unaware of world events & geography.
    i have been living in a cave since i know nothing about Ireland except this:

mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

ygg south america is 'america' then i assume?

i shall say it again, there is only one 'Ireland'
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ygg south america is 'america' then i assume?

i shall say it again, there is only one 'Ireland'
    Yes, South America is part of the American continent, so is Middle America and North America. That's why people say: THE Americas.

Your point, besides wanting to be right all the time?

Eco, the day the UK releases Northern Ireland and allows it to become part of the Republic of Ireland, THEN there will be one Ireland.

Till then, it's wishfull thinking. But I admire your patriotism.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 08-07-09 at 12:09 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my point is There is only one Ireland and indi disagree's with me and thinks that northern ireland and ireland are one of the same. this is not true. even the basic geography out there agrees with me, not surprising i know since i grew up in Ireland. shall i assume that when someone says they are south american that they are from america? no i don't just as much as people don't assume i'm from northern ireland when i say i'm irish or from ireland...like i said before it's an insult to call an irish person from the UK. that's pretty much been my point all along and indi just can't get it. it's basic geography and basic political geography
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 08-07-09 at 12:37 AM.

BTW: I understand what you are saying Eco. Northern Ireland is Irish, despite being on paper part of the UK.

I also understand Indi's more political viewpoint.

Believe me if I tell you.. it's not worth fighting over

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs"]YouTube - John Lennon - Imagine[/ame]
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 08-07-09 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Added song
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well if somebody tells me Ireland I`m thinking about the Ireland with capitol in Dublin , the land which airport lost my luggage and the picture of drunk people on the street at night after party ( )
    I don`t think about the northern part. UK is UK and Ireland is Ireland UK have pounds and Ireland have Euros
    I wazzzz here

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you know what's really sad, is that both of them are right, but eco, like most of us here can't express herself as eloquently as can Indi. This is where we lose to Indi, who has higher education than us. however the points that both parties make are just as valid.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

sonrisa indi is not right. eloquent i think not. if i'm travelling to northern ireland ; i'm travelling to a different country where there is a country border splitting the two countries. the english stole it and the english own it. end of.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 08-07-09 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    sonrisa indi is not right. eloquent i think not. if i'm travelling to northern ireland ; i'm travelling to a different country where there is a country border splitting the two countries. the english stole it and the english own it. end of.
    Well I am glad you shed some clarity in this.

Ireland, to Eco, is the Republic of Ireland.

Thx sweetie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ireland is 'Ireland' and also known as the republic of Ireland to educated people. and you're welcome
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 08-07-09 at 01:23 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by indireloaded
    Aren't you in Ireland? Oh, right. Depends which Ireland, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne
    my point is There is only one Ireland and indi disagree's with me and thinks that northern ireland and ireland are one of the same
    Clearly I think this :roll eyes:. This is why I said 'it depends which' <ONE> (implicit to an intelligent person there is more than one).

Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil
    Ireland, to Eco, is the Republic of Ireland.
    Exactly^. Which she could have clarified immediately except she is too stupid to do this efficiently. Thanks Ygg.

All you've done, Eco, is prove what we already know. You are very stupid. Thanks for clarifying. Again.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

there isn't two, there is only one Ireland you ditz, and i can see you still refuse to get it...pride getting the way by chance indi? lol

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just like N/S Korea, E/W Germany, etc. Yes, Eco, we get it. You are not helping the stereotype of the dumb Irish AT ALL.

If you want to make a distinction b/t political vs. geographical boundaries, that is fine, but just say so & make your point CLEARLY. Don't make a big argument out of nothing next time.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast