+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: how tall are you?

Actually , after he got to me, he was pretty liberal with the painkillers, so I don't remember much.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    hah! in my state, a medical assistant wouldn't even be qualified to help my nursing assistant out.
    Who cares?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Who cares?
    All of the peeps that are into medicine here are doing a "My syringe is bigger than your syringe!" kind of thing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Who cares?
    I thought YOu did.
    Last edited by vashti; 22-12-09 at 09:26 PM.

I thought YOu did.
    Not about the high-archy of the entire thing. It is a never ending story. Medical Assistants are Nurses bitches and Nurses are doctors bitches and doctors are owners of hospitals bitches and owners of hospitals are government slaves. What ever it is, beats working at Walmart. I asked what the tasks are different between PA and CMA.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The difference is more profound than the difference between a lab tech and an actual chemist, which hopefully you understand.

MAs work in doctor's offices and basically take vital signs. Some doctors let them give injections, most don't (in California). That's about it. They work under a doctor's license, and often try to pass themselves off as nurses (illegally).

PAs CAN work in a hospital I guess, but in California they typically work in walk-in clinics and diagnose/treat common illnesses under the supervision of a physician, although I believe in some surgical centers, PAs can also perform certain surgical procedures (again, under a doctor's supervision).
    Last edited by vashti; 23-12-09 at 11:51 AM.

The difference is more profound than the difference between a lab tech and an actual chemist, which hopefully you understand.

MAs work in doctor's offices and basically take vital signs. Some doctors let them give injections, most don't (in California). That's about it. They work under a doctor's license, and often try to pass themselves off as nurses (illegally).

PAs CAN work in a hospital I guess, but in California they typically work in walk-in clinics and diagnose/treat common illnesses under the supervision of a physician, although I believe in some surgical centers, PAs can also perform certain surgical procedures (again, under a doctor's supervision).
    Thank you, was curious. I think MAs can also keep records. Wouldn't know though.

It all sounds very exciting; but the bill will be enormous, regardless of who sticks the needle in my arm or the catheter up my urethra. And, I'll end up dying anyway, probably because somebody screwed up.

I guess this talk of PA, MA, RN, etc...the new question should be, "How tall is your ego?"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree^. The fewer in the chain of responsbility from them to me, the better I say. If they screw up, I know who to jump in the parking lot. This new way... noone is responsible, which means more mistakes will be made. Humans need to be held accountable to perform their best.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I agree^. The fewer in the chain of responsbility from them to me, the better I say. If they screw up, I know who to jump in the parking lot. This new way... noone is responsible, which means more mistakes will be made. Humans need to be held accountable to perform their best.
    Yes, the new way is bureaucratic medicine. Guaranteed there will the case of, "Whoops, Mr Miller didn't want to be euthanized. Guess I misread the MD's note to the PA's to the RN. If only the PA hadn't misread the MD's handwriting....Oh, well, we needed that bed for Mr. Jones anyway. Now he really is hear to be "euthanized"...or does that note say "catheterized"?

Can't go wrong? Yeah right. I got doctor's in the family and the stories are hair-raising.

BTW...my ego is a few inches shorter than my physical height of approx. 5'8"--despite the doctorate and dozens of published works.

Get cocky and you fall on your ass. Guaranteed. Don't forget that you aren't Clockmaker. In fact, you don't even get to wind the damned clock. You just get to make the best use of the time available.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011