+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: culture

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Body Mass Index.

Someone do some research and post how it is calculated, along with why this is a flawed system.

This went from an actual discussion to a name calling arguement. I cant believe this is still going on. Is all the name calling really necessary? There's also alot of stereotyping in this thread and it's so disgusting. This thread is all about bashing americans...what have americans done to you guys personally? I'm talking shit that every american you've met has done to you the individual. Who is going to be the mature one to walk away from this pointless arguement? We all have our own views on each other's countries and cultures and everything else. But staying here and bashing each other is gonna just make this thread last for months.

Act your age not your shoe size!
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

poor people, those to whom food is available, have the crappiest food available to them. it's loaded with sugar and starches and salt. cause it's all cheap.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They're just mad that the US could take out their nation (Canada, Ireland, Estonia, or Australia) in about a day
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 04-10-08 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    This went from an actual discussion to a name calling arguement. I cant believe this is still going on. Is all the name calling really necessary? There's also alot of stereotyping in this thread and it's so disgusting. This thread is all about bashing americans...what have americans done to you guys personally? I'm talking shit that every american you've met has done to you the individual. Who is going to be the mature one to walk away from this pointless arguement? We all have our own views on each other's countries and cultures and everything else. But staying here and bashing each other is gonna just make this thread last for months.

Act your age not your shoe size!
    i agree with some of your points, however Americans were the ones trying to say how great they were earlier in this thread, also they said poverty was associated with obesity! when in actual fact 'real poverty' is not. I keep having to repeat myself about what this thread is all about...what culture would you choose other than your own if you had to, but unfortunately people think that talking about culture differences matter more. ladie i agree insulting people is not the way to go about making a point and i have been ridiculed many times for saying this, but i also have to point out that some people don't know what the hell they are talking about.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 04-10-08 at 07:38 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    I am anticipating this long weekend to be contributing to the Australian obesity problem..baking size dish of tiramisu here I come!

Seriously though Mish has a point. In my travels of have seen a lot of nationalism which borders on the scary. I think Aussies in general like to have a laugh and a joke even if it is at our expense. There are tonnes of stereotypes (shrimp on the barbie anyone? I usually call them prawns but anyway) but we don't take it too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Why i don't bash australians or germans? They don't bash back.
    Personally I'm beginning to think that there is some kind of a action / reaction relationship in the US criticism issue. I'm starting to think that the reaction is feeding it. On the one hand I agree that US bashing is common and it's sad because majority of people from US are good and genuine and I feel that some of the bashing is definitely misdirected and wrong. On the other hand, I've noticed a strange sensitivity to any type of criticism (genuine or non genuine) towards US from people in US. It seems like for some reason people in US identify with their country and culture more readily and more deeply than people in other countries. To the point where criticism of either becomes interpreted as a personal attack (which in many cases its the furthest from the truth), as criticism is usually just a statement of unhappiness with some bolt in the system, rarely involving the people themselves.

I say this because, personally I've noticed a difference in reaction when an issue is criticized by someone. Take a similar type of issue from two countries, make it for argument sake from US and Australia, from my experience responses and reactions to the criticism will be a lot heavier and more personal from the first.

It would be interesting if someone made a thread like that to see the outcome as it's just a theory.
    Last edited by Mish; 04-10-08 at 07:47 AM.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's because the vast majority of criticisms against America are just plain stupid. Similarly if I see someone make a stupid claim in chemistry or math I get upset enough to call them on it, but get super fuccking pissed when they insist on being wrong and dumb

Personally I would love to see people arguing about this stuff less and less as well. America is made up of descendants of immigrants anyway. All of us here are the flesh and blood of people from your lands or others like them (maybe not Australia and Canada, but you catch my drift). It's like we're arguing with ourselves.
    Last edited by starbuck; 04-10-08 at 07:58 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Arguing about pointless things like this just helps keep my mind off of my erection (which I currently have)

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Arguing about pointless things like this just helps keep my mind off of my erection (which I currently have)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i'm feeling it!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't know it was reaching all the way into Ireland. Apparently I have poor depth perception

I didn't know it was reaching all the way into Ireland. Apparently I have poor depth perception
    hahahahahahaha.....all you need is your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got mine going in full throttle!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You aren't helping me lose this thing eco

You aren't helping me lose this thing eco

what 'thing'? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jerk it out your system DM...maybe you need some more pics....naaahhh lol
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast