+ Follow This Topic
Page 113 of 364 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 5451

Thread: What you enjoyed today

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love having students, and a lot of nurses don't, so the students come looking for me. They told me one of my fellow nurses told them she doesn't get paid to be nice to them. (She's the only genuine bitch working on my floor.) After having a nurse like that for a day or two, they flock to me. They can't do much for the first couple of semesters, but they will do whatever I ask them to (even the icky stuff), and I am happy to have my patients get extra attention.

I don't see why it's so hard to be nice to students. Some people are just mean.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Some people don't like other people learning what they do because of self-preservation, if someone gets to do their job as good as them or better, they might loose it.

I personally think people who are willing to teach/learn are the best, not many like it though.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love having students, and a lot of nurses don't, so the students come looking for me. They told me one of my fellow nurses told them she doesn't get paid to be nice to them. (She's the only genuine bitch working on my floor.) After having a nurse like that for a day or two, they flock to me. They can't do much for the first couple of semesters, but they will do whatever I ask them to (even the icky stuff), and I am happy to have my patients get extra attention.

Where I am, it's hard enough to come across quality electricians, the helpers, just as much. We have about a 8-1, journeyman to apprentice ratio on our job.

I know which electricians I want to work with, and which ones I don't.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Some people don't like other people learning what they do because of self-preservation, if someone gets to do their job as good as them or better, they might loose it.

I personally think people who are willing to teach/learn are the best, not many like it though.
    Honestly, a student is no threat to the job security of a nurse. Half of those poor students won't even make it through the program, and they aren't anywhere near ready to work in a hospital.

Frasbee - are you considered an apprentice?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Honestly, a student is no threat to the job security of a nurse. Half of those poor students won't even make it through the program, and they aren't anywhere near ready to work in a hospital.
    Well, depending on how "basic" a person is, humans have an urge to defend their job anyway: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg]File:Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

I think the good students thing happens everywhere..

What I enjoyed today.... I had a race with a girl from the subway to university. I don't think she knew it was a race.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Well, depending on how "basic" a person is, humans have an urge to defend their job anyway: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg]File:Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

I think the good students thing happens everywhere..
    Seriously, students are no threat, not even the good ones. I should know. I WAS a good student not all that long ago.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My bf's co-worker came back from Honolulu and brought gifts for everybodyl. My bf got a cup she has bought for him when she was in LA and for me she's bought a Coconut Bra Hahaha I need to try it on
    I wazzzz here

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seriously, students are no threat, not even the good ones. I should know. I WAS a good student not all that long ago.
    Its not the job threat, its the eating of your time. Training ppl takes time and patience. LOTS of patience.... don't be afraid to only take the good ones who are worthy of your time. Esp since you aren't being paid to mentor them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Its not the job threat, its the eating of your time. Training ppl takes time and patience. LOTS of patience.... don't be afraid to only take the good ones who are worthy of your time. Esp since you aren't being paid to mentor them.
    Yeah, that's true, but I'm also not paid to help the instructors weed them out, either. This is the first time I've had 1st semester students, though, so I am more likely to get dummies at this point. Ah, well... so long as they don't hurt my patients, I'm okay with having them.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Frasbee - are you considered an apprentice?
    Yes.

I'm technically a first year apprentice, but this is my 3rd year in the trade.

Making a total "American" dinner tonight. Ribeye marinated in red wine shallot sauce, baked potatoes with Top of the Tator, and Blue Moons
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I shaved and oiled my cock and balls.

Got lots of shopping done and found a new student to tutor (starting tomorrow). Also, more good fortune on OkCupid.

Cleaning out the carport and finding about a toolbox worth of tools. Now all that's left to do is reorganize and clean.

Nothing quite like spring cleaning.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen