+ Follow This Topic
Page 119 of 405 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm.. we have 2 macs in the family that have been running fine. Everyone says they are so much better than PCs.

I need help. I don't know anything about computers.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well other people that have mac,that I know, are happy users till now Just my bf was a bit unlucky hehe. It's just a bit annoying to pay for a computer 1600 euro, then after one year need to change the battery for 130euro and few months after whole macbook just stops to run. On top of that, the shop that was providing him with guarantee repairs, took it's time,because he waited about 2 months to get his repaired macbook back... So, don't get infos just about computers but also about the shops you want to purchase it in. Some are really idiots...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Hmm.. we have 2 macs in the family that have been running fine. Everyone says they are so much better than PCs.

I need help. I don't know anything about computers.
    The machine itself is exactly the same as a PC, but the Operative System is a really good one, while Windows is the worse OS out there... Downside is that Mac OS can only be bought "legally" on a Mac computer, and those cost like twice the price of the same machine made by another manufacturer.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well, i am going to have to do something. None of my drop-down menus are working, and random windows are spontaneously opening without my touching the computer.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

well, i am going to have to do something. None of my drop-down menus are working, and random windows are spontaneously opening without my touching the computer.
    Maybe reinstalling Windows fixes it.. try that, it shouldn't be difficult (nor expensive id you don't know how to do it) if you have the CDs that usually come with the computer..

Random windows popping up? It sounds more like a virus. I'm not sure how much damage has been done, but AVG is a truly excellent product. I bought a license online (which is the only way you can buy it) as soon as I bought my laptop. I have not had any virus, spybot, or trojan problems since then (it has been 3 years). Drop down meuns and windows popping up don't just happen. Operating systems typically don't simply start to fail in such a manner (at least not in my experiences). Don't trust Norton Anti virus. It is THE WORST out there. AVG is more expensive than most antivirus software, but is regarded as one of the best (if not THE best).
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Random windows popping up? It sounds more like a virus. I'm not sure how much damage has been done, but AVG is a truly excellent product. I bought a license online (which is the only way you can buy it) as soon as I bought my laptop. I have not had any virus, spybot, or trojan problems since then (it has been 3 years). Drop down meuns and windows popping up don't just happen. Operating systems typically don't simply start to fail in such a manner (at least not in my experiences). Don't trust Norton Anti virus. It is THE WORST out there. AVG is more expensive than most antivirus software, but is regarded as one of the best (if not THE best).
    I don't use an anti-virus, but yes, that's 99% sure a virus, I'm afraid it may be too late to fix it without formatting the hd though.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't mean popups - I mean if I am logged on to FB, my start window magically appears.

My coworker just farted in here and it's really bad. She cropdusted the whole room.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't mean popups - I mean if I am logged on to FB, my start window magically appears.
    Viruses can cause a host of problems. Some sabotage your system respore points so that it is harder to get rid of them, others use the memory on your hard drive to run remote programs and transmit personal information. Some simply cause random problems or total system failures. Are you experiencing any lag or other abnormalities?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My coworker just farted in here and it's really bad. She cropdusted the whole room.
    I never understood why people fart around other people who aren't family. I leave the room and go to the restroom. People.....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Viruses can cause a host of problems. Some sabotage your system respore points so that it is harder to get rid of them, others use the memory on your hard drive to run remote programs and transmit personal information. Some simply cause random problems or total system failures. Are you experiencing any lag or other abnormalities?
    not that I've noticed.

If you were experiencing other problems like not being able to open links or properly view web pages I'd say there might be an OS problem, but since that isn't the case I suspect a virus. AVG has a free version, but I've never used it since it is a scaled down version of their full product. If you remember when the problem started you could try a system restore, but be aware that doing so would erase anything that you put onto your computer after that date (since a system restore point returns your computer to the exact state that it was in on the specific restore date that you choose). Or you can save yourself the trouble and call the Geek Squad, lol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you were experiencing other problems like not being able to open links or properly view web pages I'd say there might be an OS problem, but since that isn't the case I suspect a virus. AVG has a free version, but I've never used it since it is a scaled down version of their full product. If you remember when the problem started you could try a system restore, but be aware that doing so would erase anything that you put onto your computer after that date (since a system restore point returns your computer to the exact state that it was in on the specific restore date that you choose). Or you can save yourself the trouble and call the Geek Squad, lol.
    Geek squad is probably my next step. i've been meaning to get a new computer for quite a while now. This just looks like the motivation for me. Thanks for your help.

Geek squad is probably my next step. i've been meaning to get a new computer for quite a while now. This just looks like the motivation for me. Thanks for your help.
    Hahaha that reminds me of my sister... complaining about her crappy laptop, I fix it and 3 months late she gets a new one

I bet vash did something to it just so she has an excuse to get a new one. ...Depends on how long you've had it, i think after few years so many things can go wrong with a PC. Most people don't bother doing regular scans, running newest updates, cleaning their PC and so on.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings