+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to grow up, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I think anyone who stays in "Guyland" is simply too short-sighted to care about his long term happiness. He doesn't realize that he's only hurting himself in the long run when his aging self looks around and wonders why all the girls at the bar seem younger and younger and none of them will go home with him.

And women are dating these types DESPITE their arrested development, not because of it. To think otherwise is just dumb and misinformed. I love how OV's "proof" was "well, starbuck dated a sloth" and "my slacker friend gets a lot of ass." The only proof it shows is the inordinate amount of bullshit women are willing to put up with for men.

I am rooting for American men to be happy. I want to see them successful and productive and being good fathers to their children. I think it's a benefit to society to have emotionally healthy and financially responsible people, men and women alike. Maybe OV, doesn't care, but I do. And Newsweek thinks that it's 2.7 million readers care, too.

This is not a men vs. women arguement for me. I love my guy friends and relatives deeply and it saddens me to see them putting their dreams aside so that they can party.

And to anyone who thinks it's so horrible being over 40, have fun when you get there.
    I can't contest for the low standard of some pathetic women who date sloths. If someone's dreams of what makes them happy is to have a home and career than so be it. Let them go for it. Though for some of us that is not important at all. My goal was independence and I achieved it but I WILL NEVER find that having kids and/or wife is some kind of goal in life or happiness finish line. I find women pathetic losers who date sloths un-motivating to me these days and un-deserving of my company anyways. Being alone does not scare me, the idea doesn't make me cringe, and I don't really mind it at all. I find kids to be a annoyance and money eating(money I worked hard for) dweebs. Unless I pass on my conscious mind I do not consider passing on my genes that important especially since one day(it is inevitable) all humanity will be extinct. Family life isn't what it used to be like in the 60's, and that is a good thing. I for one think that men are FINALLY waking up and realizing how they are being taken advantage of and thus this thread really makes me happy. Just listen to yourself for example, benefits to society? who you? other people? .. I WANT TO BE HAPPY and serving other people is going the wrong way on the highway to happiness. What you are comparing is long term happiness to instant gratification, if one has a consistent chain of instant gratification it becomes the best long term happiness solution ever. Other than that there is no such thing as a permanent happiness solution. I rarely meet happy married couples, I swear my parents are the only exception. Though of course men finally waking up, seeing how useless marriage is, society is, and how over-rated the blue collar/white collar job BS is he is finally waking up....of course at the cost of some angry bitter women on the side.

I have a bachelors party at the end of this week and while I have a stripper sitting on my face and junk flowing through my blood veins I am going to be happy...and I will make sure to think of this thread...thus making me super happy.

And wtf is this guy land shit? The writer of the article stereotypes like crazy. There are also actually hard working men who don't care for relationships, or owning their own house, and so forth..and not all of those things at once.

I love how OV's "proof" was "well, starbuck dated a sloth" and "my slacker friend gets a lot of ass."

Those were not my proofs of anything but hypocrisy and also me laughing at you.

I am rooting for American men to be happy.

It is really a shame though that you and women in general don't know what actually makes us happy.

Maybe OV, doesn't care

I don't know why I wrote all that, considering you posted the answer right in there.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 10-09-08 at 01:17 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    it kinda reminds me of that guy from the the movie 'the wedding crashers' who crashes funerals....what a loser haha
    No, that guy in the movie seriously was a loser LOL!.......and weird. Though I am sure you are smart enough to know that the character was a exaggeration. To be funny, which by the way I liked that movie for some reason lol.

bla bla bla bla......bla bla bla bla....do you think anyone will be bothered to read all that you've just written OV?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

bla bla bla bla......bla bla bla bla....do you think anyone will be bothered to read all that you've just written OV?
    bleh blah bleh blah bleh who cares shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    bleh blah bleh blah bleh who cares shut up.

only if you cop on

hahahahahahahaha
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Don't worry Eco, it's just mudslinging and insults in lieu of a real argument. All it boils down to is: "you're a loser and I'm not and oh by the way, a stripper is sitting on my face."

Intelligent conversation is rolling over in its grave.
    Last edited by starbuck; 10-09-08 at 02:57 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Don't worry Eco, it's just mudslinging and insults in lieu of a real argument. All it boils down to is: "you're a loser and I'm not and oh by the way, a stripper is sitting on my face."

Intelligent conversation is rolling over in its grave.
    Right because you, who seems to think you have the right to tell people how they should live THEIR lives is right is intelligent?

Right because you, who seems to think you have the right to tell people how they should live THEIR lives is right is intelligent?
    LOL, I really touched a nerve. Poor you.

I have a bachelors party at the end of this week and while I have a stripper sitting on my face and junk flowing through my blood veins I am going to be happy...and I will make sure to think of this thread...thus making me super happy.
    Think about this thread.

And I'll be sure to chuckle to myself when you finally get herpes. You don't see anything wrong with eating out the pussy of a whore, so it's good that you're libido is going down because in a couple of years when you're finally an STD cesspool, women won't want you anyways.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I don't understand the anger towards Starbuck in this thread. She's done nothing wrong and yet she's being singled out here because of an ex she had. Because no one ever dates someone that they regret dating, right?

And just because a 30 year old loser that is living with his mom is getting ass doesn't mean the lifestyle actually works. What's the quality of that ass? If it's some trailer trash whore, I don't think his lifestyle is really doing that well for him.

I'm glad OV is getting women... because he's keeping those women away from me. They are definitely not the kind of women that I go after, so it's good they are off the market so to speak.

One thing I've noticed is that OV mentions he doesn't want to be tied down, and yet in other threads he's pissing and moaning about not being able to find a good, virgin girl to have a serious relationship with. Newsflash. A nice, virgin girl isn't attracted to guys that live the lifestyle you do.

those guys are just upset that starbuck wouldn't date them.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I'm sorry I couldn't reply, I have to go to bed now. Hopefully a whole guy will sleep in it (me) -vacuum cleans bed carefully-
    To truly know is to truly be, that which is that which is that which is that which is,
    Time only feels with joy or pain, joy is caused by pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ItselfIAm View Post
    I'm sorry I couldn't reply, I have to go to bed now. Hopefully a whole guy will sleep in it (me) -vacuum cleans bed carefully-

What?

My friend Lissie says that guys will always be completely honest with us from the very beginning. All we have to do is listen to what they're saying, not what we want to hear. If they're committed to staying in guyville, they'll show it.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    those guys are just upset that starbuck wouldn't date them.
    Well that may be true, but I think that it's more that this thread is hitting too close to the bone for them.

It's obvious because OV keeps saying he doesn't care, but he keeps coming back to beat his chest.
    Last edited by starbuck; 10-09-08 at 07:21 AM.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast