+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Brawling thread..

Tone Guest
    You guys must buy some expensive shit if you cook a meal that costs $6 at home.

Wow..not where I live it isn't! Not by a long shot. If I ate out every day, there's no way 50 bucks a week would cover it..even if I did buffet's which would be the most cost effective way for me to go since I eat quite a bit. If you go for the cheapest thing, you'd probably only be eating fast-food, probably not very healthy. Like hitting up the McDonald's Dollar Menu. In this route, even if I only drink water (which is a very good cost-saving way to eat out. It's true, they get you in the drinks), I'd need about 3 burguers a meal, at least 4 times a day: that's about 13 bucks a day with tax. 13*7 = $91 a week. I can totally cook me decent and nutritious and varied meals on that budget for over a week..probably two..which would make my previous post a contradiction..but I'm thinking this new one is more precise. I'll have to budget it out and see how much I can eat in a week in groceries.

Interesting..

But sure as hell, there's no way it's anywhere near as expensive as eating out.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha... and i wonder why i have no money left at the end of the night. well this 150 that i spent, i also covered my friends because they are broke asses. they will get me back later, but for now, i took care of them.

as for food... damn i spend way too much eating out. i'm still lucky that i live at home because i would go broke eating out and cooking for myself. alone on liquor i probably consume anywhere from roughly 100 a week and that's only if i stay home and drink. when i go out, usually it's anywhere from 40-100 a night on drinks.

i i said before, i piss away all my money.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    has anyone ever REALLY compared the cost of eating out versus cooking in? all things being equal, I mean. like, if you don't ordinarily have wine at dinner, or a beer at lunch, is it really cheaper to go out and have lunch or dinner (sans drinks) than it is to cook in (after considering shopping and prep time)? i think i agree with arty that it is, or pretty damned close, anyway.
    yay!!! you agree with me!!!! you will be happy to know that for my senior paper, we wrote a paper on the restaurant industry.

according to standard & poors industry report, which is published quarterly, the cost is getting closer and closer, and i think pretty soon, the cost of eating out will be cheaper than eating in.

so there!
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    You guys must buy some expensive shit if you cook a meal that costs $6 at home.
    Tone, to make a pot of noodle soup at home the old fashion way you'd need:

bones
    vegetables
    noodles

and other stuff.. and time to wait for the meat to get nice and tender, which is usually a few hours..

Noodle soup at the restaurant, the stock is already prepared. So only about 15 minutes for them to bring it to the table.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Wow..not where I live it isn't! Not by a long shot. If I ate out every day, there's no way 50 bucks a week would cover it..

Interesting..

But sure as hell, there's no way it's anywhere near as expensive as eating out.
    So, when I said I spent 30-40 a week on food, I was actually just kidding. Going for the drama. I don't even spend 100 a week on alcohol.

But the booze usually does take up at least half of the bill. If I ate out and the bill was 50, you bet 25 of it was liquor.

And groceries is wicked expensive up here.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ah... why not grow your own produce. then you'll have more money to drink with.

raverboy

How's this for an order-in: 8 ounce Rib-eye steak, baked potato, salad, roll, sour cream, butter, steak sauce and salad dressing: $12.99 US. 13 ounce Top Sirloin steak with same: $16.99. Plus tip for bringing it your door (usually, within 30 minutes of phoning in the order).

yummy. i'd rather grill up my own food though. we are a household of cooks. you'd have a hard time coming over on a night when some really good cooking isn't going on. especially in the summer time, because i am the grill mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    yummy. i'd rather grill up my own food though. we are a household of cooks.
    same here misombra
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    while you're doing the cooking, i'll be running for the border to grab my taco bell. muhahaha

raverboy

No fun cooking for one.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha... and then on a daily basis, yes, it does get boring.

oh how i hate seeing leftovers in my fridge.

raverboy

I have this bad habit of eating out even if there's food at home. Most of my money went to food.
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    yummy. i'd rather grill up my own food though. we are a household of cooks. you'd have a hard time coming over on a night when some really good cooking isn't going on. especially in the summer time, because i am the grill mistress.

But grilling is different. Very different. It calls for company.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast