Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: culture

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Jerk it out your system DM...maybe you need some more pics....naaahhh lol
    Make your signature a little bigger please

No but seriously I would if I didn't think my roommate was gonna be back in the next 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Are you retarded? I posted a link about worldwide obesity statistics pages ago. How is posting the same info I already posted supposed to strengthen YOUR argument that poor people can't be fat?

Eco - I actually grew up poor, and I couldn't possibly care less if you believe me or not.
    Yes, I am retarded. Frasb actually gave you a hint, wether he meant it or not, but you didn't seem to grasp it. Tablets is all you care, yet they are all different and show who knows what. I don't really think there is to prove anything besides the picture of an obese person in a shed, which I am waiting.
    Don't expect anything.

Lol....Idk how to
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Go away boobaa, you are interrupting the beginnings of an orgy

.....unless you wanna join in

arguing with eco and booboo is pointless.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

i'm not arguing....i wanna make luuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvveeeeee
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience. "

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    They're just mad that the US could take out their nation (Canada, Ireland, Estonia, or Australia) in about a day

I was GOING to write an indignant and somewhat rude reply to this silly comment, but then I looked at the rest of this thread and did this:

(pay attention now)

**IGNORE** and **VOTE FOR OBAMA**

Ok now, you guys try it!
    Last edited by misombra; 04-10-08 at 12:58 PM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I spoke with an Indian Hindu this evening, we had a nice conversation about food and religion. He was very respectful of my opinions and to me, and I was to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience. "
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. Lipp it's easily known many people on here have no life experience and really have no clue what they are talking about, i'm sure none have travelled half the world (and probably don't even have a passport!) and yet they have an opinion (a very closed minded one) and just as much as i'm sure most have never experienced true poverty...alas for them really...because it can teach a person a lot about whats important. a book doesn't teach you about what's actually going to happen to you in life, You have to experience it first before you can truly know.

have a look at this article written by America's Donald Trump (the Don)

education v experience

[url]http://www.evancarmichael.com/Entrepreneur-Advice/576/Experience-vs-Education.html[/url]

excerpt from it:

A couple seasons ago, we based an entire season of The Apprentice on this premise, pitting highly educated candidates against those with less formal schooling. In the end, we discovered that the key to success was experience, not education. Experience comes from action - or doing - and involves taking risks.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 04-10-08 at 07:18 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I'm pretty sure that the quote refers to the discussion methods that idiots resorts to and are experienced with, not experience in its entirety.

I'm pretty sure that the quote refers to the discussion methods that idiots resorts to and are experienced with, not experience in its entirety.
    How about we argue about that? I need food.
    Don't expect anything.

the quote doesn't apply to this thread simply because most people in this conversation are quite smart IMO. (well it applies to indi but thats it)

i brought up real experience because thats what people are quite obviously lacking. its really ludicrous to say poor people are obese. Its an insult to truly poor people around the world and to anyone who has experienced real poverty. so i can understand boobaa's reaction, and i can also understand other people's reactions. other people don't understand what they are commenting about.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 04-10-08 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    the quote doesn't apply to this thread simply because most people in this conversation are quite smart IMO.

i brought up real experience because thats what people are quite obviously lacking. its really ludicrous to say poor people are obese. Its an insult to truly poor people around the world and to anyone who has experienced real poverty. so i can understand boobaa's reaction, and i can also understand other people's reactions. other people don't understand what they are commenting about.
    Fine then, I'll bite.

First off, I believe this is the second time that you've used first-hand experience to justify an opinion, the previous one being along the lines of herbal remedies versus pharmaceuticals for your grandfather if I remember correctly.
    While experience might be good, I will far sooner trust reliable reports and studies than a single person's experience to apply to such a large scope, which is why I find it to be flawed.
    According to Shh's experiences she finds it very unlikely that anyone suffering from poverty would refuse food. According to your experiences you don't believe her.
    However, it's short-sighted to say

i don't believe that! and no matter what you say, i will never believe that. believe it or not starving kids will refuse food, you should know that if you were truly in poverty
    Which you base on a single experience of you yourself refusing it, and thus somehow assume that it applies to everyone who is poor. While I have not experienced poverty myself and have my parents to thank for that I find it unlikely for a child who's suffering from starvation to refuse food to the extent for it to have fatal effects. So your "truly in poverty" applies only to you, yet we have yet to see whether you have experienced poverty that endangers your life day in and day out, as many of the poor in the world experience it.

Secondly, when it comes to obesity being connected to poverty, it is more of a geographical issue. I'm not sure as to what lies behind Boobaa's reaction, but I do find it unlikely to find obesity in regions in the vicinity of Estonia, and I'm pretty sure that you can research the scorched earth tactic used by the Russians during the second world war ,and the people who were left behind, while not finding many who are obese.
    However, I don't find Shh's examples to be out of line either. In western societies it isn't all that unlikely for those who have a very low income to having to resort to a full diet of "junk food", which is called junk food purely because it has little nutritional value relative to its mass, and if you can imagine someone who is regularly so ill that they can't exercise and live almost solely on a diet from fast food restaurants it is not really an unseemly concept.
    And going back to geographic issues, the example of South Africa provides the example of how a diet in the region that differs from much of the rest of the world (and in this case eastern europe)
    The traditional diet is heavy in starch, with foods like maize meal and white bread being staples. Three spoons of sugar in coffee and tea are the norm. And, as elsewhere in the world, high-fat, high-sugar fast foods, snacks and fizzy drinks are in.
    And if you're so much into experience, I've lived 6 years in Africa, 5 in Zambia (next to Zimbabwe), 1 in Uganda, and made trips to South Africa. Maize is a very common product, and so is sugar. Couple that with the sound argument that birth from a mother who already suffers from undernourishment which could stifle the growth and health of a child and inhibit its physical strength, and voilá, I don't see how it's such a bad concept.

I didnt follow the thread much so maybe I'm missing out on the whole point, but meh, I've got a project to write and right now Im just stalling and will have to lower the cyclic and auto-rotate before I hit the ground.

i wan't actually talking about you lipp and your experience. reading a book and presenting stats doesn't mean much to whats happening outside of the US. Problem here is that people overreact when mocked as mish rightly pointed out and experience is more important to understanding. i think some american people have this weird problem of 'keeping up with the jones's' because they are constantly trying to prove they are so much better.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast