+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Community

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Who cares if they know? If they end up where I want them then it's not like they can say it didn't work.
    You're starting to sound like girls who believe in playing hard to get and end up with desperate losers.

The girls who don't know are probably also going to be too dumb to understand your wants anyway. You're going to be ending up with stupid selfish "me, I get what I want, I won" girls.

The girls who know, are going to to either play along or leave. So you're weeding out quality women for what reason again?

You'd much rather directly say that sex is important to you and that you have a high sex drive. Even if you don't, at least you get to see her reaction. If she has any objections to it, the two of you are clearly not sexually compatible. If she doesn't, then you know you've found someone who understands your wants too.

This just seems like more of a way for you to feel clever and smart, and less of a way to really get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagoose View Post
    You're starting to sound like girls who believe in playing hard to get and end up with desperate losers.

The girls who don't know are probably also going to be too dumb to understand your wants anyway. You're going to be ending up with stupid selfish "me, I get what I want, I won" girls.

The girls who know, are going to to either play along or leave. So you're weeding out quality women for what reason again?

You'd much rather directly say that sex is important to you and that you have a high sex drive. Even if you don't, at least you get to see her reaction. If she has any objections to it, the two of you are clearly not sexually compatible. If she doesn't, then you know you've found someone who understands your wants too.

This just seems like more of a way for you to feel clever and smart, and less of a way to really get what you want.
    You're really starting to piss me off with this "I know what you want more than you do" shit.

I don't want a relationship. I want to have fun. That's it.

Christ.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I don't want a relationship. I want to have fun. That's it.

Christ.
    So go have fun! Is it that hard? You don't need all of this if that's all you want!

Walk into a bar, start talking to someone, mention that you're not looking for a relationship and see how she reacts. If she's not interested, move on to someone else, and take her back to your place. There are plenty of women just looking to have sex and nothing beyond that. And those women just want a man who more or less says that he wants the same thing too. That way there's a mutual understanding that there is nothing beyond just sex. They don't want someone shy, and they don't want someone who is either really looking or only pretending to be looking for a relationship.

What you are proposing is extortion, which is manipulation. You want to take advantage of people's co-dependency, pretend to have intentions of fulfilling her desires of commitment and relationships wants, only to have sex. You're looking to coax her into a voluntary relationship just to satisfy your boyish urge to have fun and run wild. That is wrong, and that's the dishonest loser thing to do. This is the stuff that people with low self esteem do so they can feel sexy or powerful. Have some respect for the other person and yourself, and don't stoop to that low.

There are plenty of women who aren't looking for a relationship and just want sex. It's been your choice so far to not have sex with these women. But if all of a sudden this is what you want, then join a gym, dress up and groom yourself a bit and start going home with someone new every night.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Just my two cents:

If I met a guy and found out he had previously attended a PUA seminar or something like that, he'd instantly lose about 1000 cool points. There is something that seems very sad and pathetic about it, no offense Cain.

There's another reason why Mystery has so much success with women. The women that date him want to bang a rich celebrity. Doesn't hurt that he's physically attractive either.

I'm not knocking it per se, Cain, but from what I know of you, you don't seem like the kind of guy who would really need canned PUA strategies to attract girls. You're cute, smart, and funny already. Those three things are a deadly trifecta for women. If you do this PUA stuff though, make sure you post those pics of you in with the fuzzy hat and black nail polish.

There's nothing wrong with taking PUA lessons. You might say, "well, how would you know, you're gay." Well, I say this, the lessons that they teach are nothing more than lessons on how to exhibit alpha male behavior. So the idea is to take you from exhibiting beta, and perhaps theta and omega male behavior, to more dominant alpha male behavior.

Technically, gays cant be alpha males because to be alpha male, one would have to want to reproduce, and attract as many women as he can. However, masculine men who happen to be gay do NATURALLY exhibit those alpha male character traits. Which explains the reason why women go crazy over me.

I think it should be quite flattering to you girls. For a guy to take it that far, just to have the courage to talk to you. Something about that is so cute to me.

vashti says:

"Wow, still arguing? I'm not going to bother to keep up with all of this argument, but I want to say one last thing to Cain: you are a nice looking guy who has a lot to offer a nice girl. You don't need to resort to manipulation in order to get what you want."

now it becomes clear why you have an agenda against men becoming more successful with women. You feel more vulnerable which makes you uncomfortable.

"However, if you insist on doing it, at least be smart enough to keep it under your hat in real life. These "communities" appear pathetic to anyone with an IQ above 100."

close-minded, ignorant folks appear pathetic to anyone with an IQ above 120. Just saying. ;-)

At least these guys have the desire to read about these things and trying to improve themselves and increase self esteem. He's not spending all his time sleeping or being lazy at home. If you think about it, these men are improving themselves whether they know it or not. What's wrong with a man who finally knows how to really attract and possibly keep women? It's the ones that abused this for what I call 'bad' manipulation that are the assholes. I don't mind a GrkScrop and would love to play along with him. Men like him can really expose himself to many women and can choose a 'high quality' woman when he finally meets her. These are successful goal-oriented men. If I were him I would try and see if I could get the best mate I could possibly find, too. As for me, I date men I consider much more better than myself in some way. I don't want to settle or attract any man. He needs to be one of a kind .
    Last edited by lesa; 24-11-08 at 05:53 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

starbuck says:

"Just my two cents:

If I met a guy and found out he had previously attended a PUA seminar or something like that, he'd instantly lose about 1000 cool points. There is something that seems very sad and pathetic about it, no offense Cain."

any person who keeps track of "cool points" instantly loses 1,000 cool points. A guy attending a workshop to understand how attraction works is no different than women going to an expensive salon to get their hair done or learning how to apply makeup. Why is it wrong to become more successful at attracting partners? I don't understand why you women are acting so irrational over this.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    A guy attending a workshop to understand how attraction works is no different than women going to an expensive salon to get their hair done or learning how to apply makeup. Why is it wrong to become more successful at attracting partners? I don't understand why you women are acting so irrational over this.
    A guy attending a workshop to understand how attraction works has gained 1000 cool points for me. It's great as long as he uses his new found powers for good reasons.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

DharmicLove says:

"There's nothing wrong with taking PUA lessons. You might say, "well, how would you know, you're gay." Well, I say this, the lessons that they teach are nothing more than lessons on how to exhibit alpha male behavior. So the idea is to take you from exhibiting beta, and perhaps theta and omega male behavior, to more dominant alpha male behavior."

thank you. Finally, someone else besides Cain who gets it. Women are drawn to men who attract them. The study of how attraction works is the basis for the PUA method. What guys choose to do with this knowledge is up to them. You can't knock the PUA community b/c of some losers who give it a bad reputation just like you can't knock religion for the dumbasses who use it to start wars and kill people.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    now it becomes clear why you have an agenda against men becoming more successful with women. You feel more vulnerable which makes you uncomfortable.
    I'm flattered you continue to want to engage with me about this, but I have to wonder: why do you never want to argue with *males* who have a different opinions than yours? Asparagoose has been much more active on this thread than I, and he has been more vocal about how silly PUA is. Why don't you argue with him? (or any male, for that matter.)

Additionally, I think it's pretty funny you accuse me of having an agenda against men being successful with women. I guess you have missed reading all the advice I give about "how to get the girl"?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ooooo, popcorn anyone? I'm just being silly.

vashti says:

"I'm flattered you continue to want to engage with me about this, but I have to wonder: why do you never want to argue with *males* who have a different opinions than yours? Asparagoose has been much more active on this thread than I, and he has been more vocal about how silly PUA is. Why don't you argue with him? (or any male, for that matter.)"

b/c I was originally talking with you. I don't care to engage in multiple discussions with posters. Besides, I already addressed everyone in some of my posts which weren't directed to a particular person but anyone who criticizes the PUA method.

"Additionally, I think it's pretty funny you accuse me of having an agenda against men being successful with women. I guess you have missed reading all the advice I give about "how to get the girl"?"

ha ha ha, how is your advice any different from the advice given by PUAs? You claim the PUA method is silly yet you try to help guys become more successful with girls based on your observations of how attraction works. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe (and I know this is a stretch here), that PUAs made the same observations to come up with the PUA method?

Oh, and I'm going to add one of these for extra effect to make it look like I have the upper hand. --->

What you are proposing is extortion, which is manipulation. You want to take advantage of people's co-dependency, pretend to have intentions of fulfilling her desires of commitment and relationships wants, only to have sex. You're looking to coax her into a voluntary relationship just to satisfy your boyish urge to have fun and run wild. That is wrong, and that's the dishonest loser thing to do. This is the stuff that people with low self esteem do so they can feel sexy or powerful. Have some respect for the other person and yourself, and don't stoop to that low.
    What in the **** are you talking about? Where did I say I was going to lie and try to manipulate a woman into thinking that I want a relationship?

I don't know how many ****ing times I have to repeat myself. I'm reading about all of this to add to my knowledge. That's it. It's not that damn difficult to comprehend, is it? Really?

There's nothing wrong with reading more on how attraction works. It just so happens that one of the books I'm reading is in the PUA area.
    I don't chase, I replace.

What you are proposing is extortion, which is manipulation. You want to take advantage of people's co-dependency, pretend to have intentions of fulfilling her desires of commitment and relationships wants, only to have sex. You're looking to coax her into a voluntary relationship just to satisfy your boyish urge to have fun and run wild.
    From my limited understanding of PUA this is not what they subscribe to at all. There is no intention to lie and cheat. The focus is mainly on attraction building techniques, how to talk, what's inappropriate to say, important body language cues, how to use body language to communicate what you want, how to maximize your chances by presenting your abilities to the fullest, meanings behind cues and so on.

PUA is not some secret Stone mason organization bent on world conspiracy against women, it's a just a collection of individuals (not too disimilar to what we have here in this forum) Some being more successful at finding good partners who share what they did to others to make it easier for them to achieve the same. That's pretty much it.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast