+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: In Praise of Traditional Women

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The same way women learn to sense creepy men, Mish. The method is very similar to what Cam already mentioned, I expect. Check his early post.

Anyway this thread is way too bitter to me. It can't be all that different from when I was younger. It hasn't been aeons. I think perhaps some people just have problems realizing when they have found someone decent and sticking with them. Too many people have ridiculous expectations about what they 'deserve'. Another symptom of our 'me' generation.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Give us a break...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am glad traditional women are valued by some men - I just wish it wasn't because these men chose creepy women to date. Come on guys, take some responsibility for what you choose.
    Damn, Mishanya beat me to it.

Took a while for your post to sink into my weary mind, but I found the same objection to it that he did: It's just a bit unfair to say that it is a man's fault that he dates "creepy" women when those are pretty well all the women there are to date. Sure, sure...lots of fish in the sea, etc., etc. But admit that most of the available flounders are floating belly-up these days, and they're turning a peculiar shade of iridescent green as well.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Nah - what I noticed were modern women feeling attacked by men, and therefore being defensive.

Honestly, I am probably the most "traditional" woman posting on this forum, and I think most of what's been posted is nonsense. I am glad traditional women are valued by some men - I just wish it wasn't because these men chose creepy women to date. Come on guys, take some responsibility for what you choose.
    If one stripped away all the bravado and gruffness from my surface, took away the intellect and left only the emotion, one would find (as is the case with most men) is a boy who still thinks of girls as bewildering creatures.

I survived dating for years by letting the women ask me out. I have not, cold turkey, asked a woman out on a date since 1991. Everything that has happened to me after that year, when it comes to dating, has been woman instigated. The result was that, for the most part, I dated whatever seemed to come along...many of them weren't really worthwhile.

Now, I've arrived at an age when I have to do the asking again. So, now--in part due to regret over the past and part due to a bit of trepidation about the --one finds it easy to turn all curmudgeon about everything.

Accept responsibility? Sure. I accept it. No problem. Maybe I come to the site because: a) I have met some nice people, and b) because it reminds me that I'm at a crossroads in life.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Life is too short to a) regret, and b) do anything other than put a happy face on it.

Come on, C & everyone else. Relax, grab a glass of wine (I'm drinking my ersatz 'BC' wine--read the news about this! Rotten bastards, LOL.) and check out Jon Stewart or a TED talk on youtube. I like this site to prescreen my selections here:

[url]http://www.milkandcookies.com/[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

people make women out to be so complicated. we're just simple creatures who need love and attention and maybe some money.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    If you are accusing me (or us) of consistently picking the wrong women then it's highly coincidental that all of these examples with such a high degree of variance tend to revolve around me don't you think?
    I don't think it's coincidental at all. You are the common denominator, and people are attracted to "types". Even you.

And chump? I call bullshit. I am probably older than you, but I just went through school with a bunch of young, lovely girls who were bright, beautiful, and very down-to-earth. None of them resembled in the slightest the types of girls you males claim are "everywhere", so again, if you are having problems attracting good catches, you are the common denominator.
    Last edited by vashti; 24-09-09 at 01:43 PM.

I don't think it's coincidental at all. You are the common denominator, and people are attracted to "types". Even you.
    That doesn't explain why so many women that I don't date or have nothing to do with display exactly the same problems and why other guys have exact same issues with them.

Vash, I think you just don't understand or maybe you don't want to understand

But, I didn't expect you to
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

mish, do you hate women?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh god no. He loves women, that much I can tell. He just expects a lot. From himself, and therefore any potential partner. Watch out, doll, what I said about that GenMe thing.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I love women, I just hate the fact that I found so many with the same common flaw (I.e. lack of respect, understanding and abundance of ignorance and aggressive arrogance).

Anyway, now that I'm with a woman I was looking for I'm happy. But I do feel sorry for the guys out there who still have to put up with all that same crap. I also feel sorry for decent girls who have to put up with crap like Blue did.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mish, just remind me: you did end up with Option C, yes?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I did. I read everyone's comments and I realized I'd be a fool if I didn't choose her.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I knew you were sensible. Good luck with everything.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

And chump? I call bullshit. I am probably older than you, but I just went through school with a bunch of young, lovely girls who were bright, beautiful, and very down-to-earth. None of them resembled in the slightest the types of girls you males claim are "everywhere", so again, if you are having problems attracting good catches, you are the common denominator.

Vashti, your father may be older than me, but even that is not a sure bet.

Please note, too, that I said "available" in my post, not "all women," or "no women" or "any women" or anything of that sort. I simply insist that most men above the age of, say, 35 years, and many men younger than that, find that most available women are psychologically damaged bad-boy castoffs, or feminist man-despisers who took the slogan "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" to heart, or the deservedly three-times-divorced, or the self-hating monsters that Mishnaya indicates, or other female types too ghastly to mention.

And they are everywhere.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Guys, how far does all this bickering get you in life?

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast