+ Follow This Topic
Page 120 of 405 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    I bet vash did something to it just so she has an excuse to get a new one. ...Depends on how long you've had it, i think after few years so many things can go wrong with a PC. Most people don't bother doing regular scans, running newest updates, cleaning their PC and so on.
    I believe a computer running windows needs a format every year or two, any other OS can be as good as new after years...

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I believe a computer running windows needs a format every year or two, any other OS can be as good as new after years...
    Yeah there's a reason they come up with a new OS every few years pretty much. They keep making crap.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Oh please..you know you want it..the new Pc that is..haha
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Vashti, if you spend the money on a new computer I strongly advocate getting a 1 year or two year license to use AVG. If you install the program as soon as you set your new computer up you won't give viruses a chance to ever infect your computer. They update their program constantly and it has many useful features (like a link scanner that scans the links before you click on them). They also offer incentives when your license expires. Great product.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought that MacOS is virus free system. It means, if she buys a mac, she won't need antivirus.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I thought that MacOS is virus free system. It means, if she buys a mac, she won't need antivirus.
    It isn't actually, but there isn't even a 1% of the viruses that exist on Windows.

There are viruses for mac, but they are very few. People tend to write malicious code that will affect the most people. Mac and linux users are far less than windows users.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good to know
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Vashti, if you spend the money on a new computer I strongly advocate getting a 1 year or two year license to use AVG. If you install the program as soon as you set your new computer up you won't give viruses a chance to ever infect your computer. They update their program constantly and it has many useful features (like a link scanner that scans the links before you click on them). They also offer incentives when your license expires. Great product.
    What's AVG? And is it used on mac?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    Oh please..you know you want it..the new Pc that is..haha
    Oh, I want it, all right....

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What's AVG? And is it used on mac?
    AVG is an antivirus, and I think it has a Mac version, but it would rarely be needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    There are viruses for mac, but they are very few. People tend to write malicious code that will affect the most people. Mac and linux users are far less than windows users.
    That's a fairy tale, Linux is a way bigger pie for malware than any other OS, and it has 0 viruses that work *right now*.

I agree with the_robot, security through obscurity isn't a valid argument.

Good luck with your computer, vash. I'm told the free AVG is also pretty good.
    I'll skip the mandatory get-a-mac speech. You guys know I'm a mac fan girl. But, I will point out that mac hardware is more expensive because you get what you pay for and the same goes for expensive PCs. And hey, you wont have to pay for anti-virus.
    And i'll also point out that there are plenty of options for running windows on your mac, so you could still run windows applications, and if windows gets a virus it wont take down your whole machine.

/mini rant

what annoyed me today? My brother. His girlfriend is visiting for easter. She's ok (except for a crazy bout of bitchiness a few months back) in general.. but man, do girls always beat up their boyfriends? We'd had a giant feast and hanging out on the couches with full bellies.., and she proceeds to lie on his stomach and he's like "I'm really full!" and she just smiles at him and leans on him some more. Yet when he does something vaguely wrong she's all over it. He was helping her study for college before, and she sounded all angry. I felt like barging into the room and shouting, he's helping you study, be nice or study by yourself!

but that's his prerogative. The annoying bit was when we were doing work stuff together and she was also there, he ceased to be the person I usually work with. I'd ask him something, and instead of answering he'd go on some jargon-packed instructional speech designed to make him sound all smart and important.
    I had an idea for how we could improve our workflow, and he kept shooting it down; His mind was just closed to it, he was focused on making himself look all macho and powerful. I got to explain it properly eventually, but still.. annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    but man, do girls always beat up their boyfriends?
    You are not talking about physical beat up, are you?