+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Who will or would you vote for in the USA elections?

I'm confused by the reaction so many are having in America over Donald Trump winning. People are protesting, rioting, and probably other things I have not read about yet but everyone says Trump had racists win him this election but if so many in America are racist did Obama have similar riots and protests on his first and second term? If not then????
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

[MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION]... this is a whitelash over having the first African American president in the US. Obama won not because of his race. Thanks to Bush who was dumb, did nothing for this country, and for all his clusterfukc decisions over invading Iraq because of WMD which did not exist, and had put America into a recession, etc. People just got tired of republicans and their utter ignorance over the needs of the lower, middle income Americans and minorities.

Trump didn't win the popular votes plus a lot of Americans didn't cast their ballots because of their disgust over the two candidates. I for one, join the sentiments of the majority of Americans and will never accept Trump as the president until he shows respect for all people regardless of their race, religion and gender.

He's already starting to build his dynasty even before his inauguration by naming his daughter, son in law and other kids to be part of his transition team. WTF is all that about? He said during his campaign that he will totally have his kids handle all his personal business transactions and will not be a part of his company.

Having your kids as part of your political team is a conflict of interest especially if they are the decision maker of your money making company. It is also called nepotism and that's a big no no. He still did not release his tax returns which he promised he would after the election. As far as I'm concerned, he's more of a bigger liar and more dangerous than Clinton. With his economic plan being a disastrous one by cutting taxes amongst the richest of the Americans, to having no international policy and now, he wants to totally discontinue America's contribution to research global warming because he thinks "global warming is a hoax". As far as I'm concerned, we're doomed in the next four years. And thanks for Christy's scandal involvement, otherwise, he would be part of the Trump's circus team and will overturn people's choice to approve the sale of marijuana for its recreational use.

I think people just see the outer shell of Trump. Hes actually highly intelligent and nice person.
    Dontaskme you sure been babling a lot.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

we need to understand that Hillary's crimes such as lies to the American people as a New York Senator (when she said sniper fire comment), accepting donations from foreign nations as a secretary of state, compromising the secretary of state itself by using a private server which was easily hacked, or other war mongering attitudes are far more unacceptable than xenophobia and bigotry. While xenophobia and bigotry are disgraceful, and in no way representative of a commander in chief, they do not land you in jail. Hillary's actions, however, are far more treasonous, and have merit to place her behind bars. Trump did not violate the rights of every citizen when he made racial or disparaging remarks. Hillary Clinton, however, did when she lied to the people as a US Senator and committed untoward acts or outright crimes as a secretary of state. While Trump is an asshole and has said horrible things, he intends to bring change, government transparency, and will work to end neoliberalism. Hillary, however, will represent the status quo, and big bank/Corporation/Pharma/Agriculture money in politics, pay for play politics, neoliberalism, GMOs, goverment opaqueness, oil wars and fracking. The question is whether or not we are better 4 or 8 or 12 or 16 years down the road if the Clinton/Bush/Obama era of neoliberalism remains or not. Clearly, we'll never know, because that few decade era is ending now. Don't forget that Hillary has a public position and a private position, which basically means that she's willing to lie about anything, just to tell you want you want to hear. Indeed, she's very good at being a politician. Don't forget that only three years ago, when she was 65, Hillary Clinton opposed gay marriage. Do you know what that makes her by definition? A bigot. She says that she's changed her mind, but don't believe her for one second: she's still a bigot. She is the not progressive that everyone thinks she is. Most of us know that Bernie should have been president, and we should be happy that Trump was our second best choice, given the option of Hillary. You can expect change to come, and I highly doubt that it will be as bad as you expect.

With that said, I could never vote for neither Trump nor Clinton, because I didn't want either of them in the oval office. I wanted Bernie. In the end, I voted for Jill Stein. She would have brought some real change, I'll tell ya what, and we all should be sorry that Trump won and Stein didn't. Those foolish people who voted for Clinton (~25% of eligible voters) or no one at all (~45% of voters), could easily have voted for Jill, and the nation would be rejoicing instead of rioting and crying right now.

Personally, I believe that lying while a US Senator or any position high in government (let's say anything above city mayor) should be considered an act of perjury, and should immediately cause your termination and carry minor, criminal charges (such as 3-6 months in jail and a fine in the amount of the annual income of a minimum wage worker--about $15,000). I have no friggin clue how a politician can lie to the people, and the people can keep voting for her.
    Last edited by S0NofHAM; 14-11-16 at 03:14 PM.

I agree with you SonOfBeef
    Liars should be pushed out of politics.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

the point is, if we got hillary, then we'd get a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get. There exists zero correlation between her words and her actions. All other presidential candidates have had some finite correlation, and would thus represent a finite level of government transparency.

Hahaha Trump won. That's a shocker. Now a recount spending millions when they can never find money for the poor, and sick.
    Wonder who Jffs voted for, doesn't look like he has been back since the win and forum returned.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

I am wondering where Jffs24 went too. I will bump his politics thread so he can have some final word when and if he returns end of this year or beginnings of next year and I guess nothing came of the recounting? and Trump will soon be sworn in as president.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

^ what a depressing thought and outcome for the country. i won't be watching that at all when it happens. hurry up 4 years, hurry up.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thanks to all who posted in this here thread and those who kept it going too with bumps! What a fcking joke this country is, man what a disaster. I agree with Exeter and hope the time flies by for all in objection to this outcome, to [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION] I voted Johnson because I didn't really care about any of the other options and as a third party Johnson had a better chance of getting more over Stein.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

he can't get anyone to sing for him lmao rofl the 20th will be a sad day in history.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

The girl that sang for him, read her family disowned her, haha wtf. World and people are crazy.

I am so, so, so very sad to hear all the things the Trump administration has already instated and it's only been 6 days FFS! Even though I live in Canada, I am half American and it breaks my heart (and also scares me silly) to learn just how racist and fascist the leader of the "free" world really is. I hope all you Trump supporters are happy with your choice, because there are millions of people in the US who are going to be seriously negatively affected by this administration, and they can thank you for that.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

i voted for Bernie in the primaries.
    Green Party for the generals.

Why people aren't focusing more energy on the election fraud during the DNC primary season which would have clearly shown Bernie as the rightful nominee - which would have avoided all this with ease - is beyond me.

His ego is out of control, and that travel ban, WTF! with this guy. Are people still worried how close he is with Putin too?

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast