+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else feel particularly patriotic on July 4th?

^^what kind of statement is that. i would never say any such thing. that's actually disgusting, you're getting worse indi, calm yourself woman and take a step back and deep breath and realise what you are saying.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 08-07-09 at 02:27 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You disagree with the map, Eco??

Seriously, Eco. Is the map right, or not? Funny, both countries say 'Ireland'....

And then (if you can manage more than one task at a time), if you agree the map IS correct, then what is it I posted EXACTLY (please quote my post) that disagrees with that?

funny they both DON'T say ireland....one says 'northern ireland' and the other says 'republic of ireland' aka 'Ireland'
    losing battle darling
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 08-07-09 at 02:27 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Still waiting, Eco.... take your time. I know you are working on your reading comprehension.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    funny they both DON'T say ireland....once says 'northern ireland' and the other says 'Ireland'
    losing battle darling
    Oooooh. You mean like how the post WWII maps used to say "East Germany" and "West Germany"

But there was only ONE Germany? Right? LOL! Probably.... if you were a nazi, perhaps.

Kind of like:

vs. "Republic of Ireland" and "Northern Ireland"

Wouldn't you say? No? LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

northern ireland IS northern ireland...jeeze woman and after your remarks about irish in the north bombing,,,,i really have nothing further to say to you and you really went too far with that comment

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    well i actually wonder about that now sonrisa...lol
    i don't. she is aggresive though, i have to give her that. but we all have our flaws. you are not the nicest one in our bunch either.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oooooh. You mean like how the post WWII maps used to say "East Germany" and "West Germany"
    Sorry, Eco. You forgot to say: How many 'Germanys' would you say there was post WWII? One or two? Its an EXACT analogy to what you are saying about Ireland.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what's the argument all about? who says one Ireland and who says two Irelands?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just like N/S Korea, E/W Germany, etc. Yes, Eco, we get it. You are not helping the stereotype of the dumb Irish AT ALL.

If you want to make a distinction b/t political vs. geographical boundaries, that is fine, but just say so & make your point CLEARLY. Don't make a big argument out of nothing next time.
    E/W Germany is a bad example,simply cause there is no east - west germany anymore tadaa There is one, whole Germany. Period (It`s like You`d say :west - east America etc etc etc )

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    You have got to be one of the most arrogant, pompous posters I have ever had the displeasure to read. Why the constant boorish, browbeating? If your online demeanor is indicative of your interpersonal skills, it's small wonder you "choose" to stay home at night, with your wine and Chopin.
    Chopin is very good polish Wodka Don`t make a freaking alcoholic of her
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i don't. she is aggresive though, i have to give her that. but we all have our flaws. you are not the nicest one in our bunch either.
    I want her to be precise. Especially since she took me to task, calling me a 'machine' out of the blue for no reason.

I don't have a problem admitting I failed to specifically state I was meaning political, accepted boundaries for the two Irelands. I am still correct, every map thus far posted has said so. B/c I didn't expect someone as stupid as Eco to make a BFD out of it. But, since she is, she needs to admit her problem was she made a big deal out of something she failed to define adequately.

I haven't learned anything new. This is terribly disappointing to me. According to all the maps I own & have seen, there are still TWO countries with 'Ireland' in the name. Just like E/W Germany, just like N/S Korea, etc.

What I did learn is that there are absolutely retarded people out there who will make a BFD out of something without actually explaining WHY they think its a big deal. And who lack the ability to explain themselves clearly. Like I said, I can understand more readily the Irish stereotype out there. I know Irish people, but they are from Belfast, so I assumed all Irish were equally intelligent. If Eco claims they are 'UK' (and LOL, to that--I'm sure a Scottish person would love to be so binned and not as a Scot), well, that explains the difference. UK/Britain has an excellent education system.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    E/W Germany is a bad example,simply cause there is no east - west germany anymore tadaa There is one, whole Germany. Period (It`s like You`d say :west - east America etc etc etc )
    I already stated this explicitly, PP, pre-falling of the Berlin Wall. Please read my original post. Surely you can imagine discussing one or two 'Germanys' during that era? I still have maps that show the two separate countries. The point is its an ANALOGY. N/S Korea, then?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what's the argument all about? who says one Ireland and who says two Irelands?
    Eco says there is only one Ireland. The maps say two. She's right -- wiki, the map companies, Ygg, and I (mbe you too, I think you read maps just fine Dig), we are all wrong. LOL.

Anyway, to end this argument, b/c she can't:

Eco (and whoever else cares):

according to the MAPS there is ONE "Republic of Ireland". There is ONE "Northern Ireland".

There is NOT "One Ireland". That is imprecise. Every online reference I checked (including wiki) provides a CHOICE when your type in simply "Ireland". So, I was entirely correct when I asked for clarification "which Ireland'.

Ireland
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Coordinates: 53°N 7°W

This article is about the island. For the sovereign country, see Republic of Ireland. For the constituent country of the United Kingdom, see Northern Ireland.

Your statement claiming there is "One Ireland" needs to be clarified. You could have meant the geograhpic island, or the country (which there is a choice), but b/c YOU didn't specify or ask for clarification (note, I did), YOU muddied the communication waters. Next time, be more clear what you mean if you want to avoid arguments in future.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 08-07-09 at 03:03 AM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I already stated this explicitly, PP, pre-falling of the Berlin Wall. Please read my original post. Surely you can imagine discussing one or two 'Germanys' during that era? I still have maps that show the two separate countries. The point is its an ANALOGY. N/S Korea, then?
    N/S Korea sure But those are two different countries called North Korea and South Korea
    And there is Ireland and United Kingdom as countries ,not South Ireland and North Ireland
    I wazzzz here

well indi i'm not dissapointed in your behavior, just surprised that you can be so insulting and ignorant all because you 'think' you are right. i've told you the difference and wiki has too, i know and so does every irish person from 'ireland' and the other different country to Ireland called the UK that are owning 'northern ireland' know the difference and i assume most intelligent educated people know...except you i gather...or maybe that's just your pride...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    N/S Korea sure But those are two different countries called North Korea and South Korea
    And there is Ireland and United Kingdom as countries ,not South Ireland and North Ireland
    Right. But, if someone said "No, stupid, there is just ONE Korea", what would you say?

Noone is saying N/S Ireland. In that case, the N/S is replaced by Republic/Northern. Same thing, otherwise.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast