+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to grow up, guys!

My 2 cents is that with economic uncertainty and job security more guys will tend to stay at home.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    My 2 cents is that with economic uncertainty and job security more guys will tend to stay at home.
    That makes no sense. If women can find a way to keep and hold jobs, why can't a man?

EDIT: And if you're referring to men staying at home with their parents, I still think that's rather pitiful. If you've got a job and aren't in school, you shouldn't be living with your parents... unless they aren't able to take care of themselves.
    Last edited by Cain; 10-09-08 at 08:51 AM.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HMSf4O2FM"]YouTube - Toys R Us Kid[/ame]
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    it's true but not in their 30's/40's....unless they're a momma's boy.....and there's loadsa them out there
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    My goal was independence and I achieved it blah blah blah...
    I thought you had to be living independently to be considered independent? To be financially capable of being independent doesn't make you psychologically or developmentally independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My friend Lissie says that guys will always be completely honest with us from the very beginning. All we have to do is listen to what they're saying, not what we want to hear. If they're committed to staying in guyville, they'll show it.
    I 100% agree! I try my best to listen and watch him when we first meet because he will tell (and show) me what he really wants. You just have to listen to what he is saying or doing and not what you want to hear. It's one of the reasons why I don't bother with men who don't call me after a few days. He already told me that I am not worth his time and therefore I won't entertain him when he finally calls. If he talks about meeting his boys here and there all the time and little us then he is in guyville and I won't entertain him. I don't have time for boys.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I 100% agree! I try my best to listen and watch him when we first meet because he will tell (and show) me what he really wants. You just have to listen to what he is saying or doing and not what you want to hear. It's one of the reasons why I don't bother with men who don't call me after a few days. He already told me that I am not worth his time and therefore I won't entertain him when he finally calls. If he talks about meeting his boys here and there all the time and little us then he is in guyville and I won't entertain him. I don't have time for boys.
    I don't understand the problem with waiting a few days to call.

If I get a girl's number the first time I meet her and she expects me to call immediately, she's crazy. It's not like we're in a damn relationship. I usually wait 24-48 hours before calling just because I don't see the point in calling the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I don't understand the problem with waiting a few days to call.

If I get a girl's number the first time I meet her and she expects me to call immediately, she's crazy. It's not like we're in a damn relationship. I usually wait 24-48 hours before calling just because I don't see the point in calling the same night.
    24-48 hours is great! I'll answer

I don't give my number to anyone so when he finally persuades me to give it to him we would have known each other for a short time (days or weeks for example). I would give a fake number (if I see no potential) or no number (if I see potential) to a complete stranger who just asked after first meeting.
    Last edited by lesa; 10-09-08 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    24-48 hours is great! I'll answer

I don't give my number to anyone so when he finally persuades me to give it to him we would have known each other for a short time (days or weeks for example). I would give a fake number or no number to a complete stranger who just asked after first meeting.
    If you don't want a guy to have your number, tell him. Don't give him a fake number.

The fact that you have to know someone for a while before you give them your number means that pretty much the only guy that will be able to get your number is someone at work or through another friend. Pretty much takes away those random meetings at the grocery store, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    those guys are just upset that starbuck wouldn't date them.
    I can't date her. I am not a weed smoking, xbox playing, mommas boy douche bag enough for her.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I thought you had to be living independently to be considered independent? To be financially capable of being independent doesn't make you psychologically or developmentally independent.
    Or not depend on someone simply by definition? I don't have to be where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by ItselfIAm View Post
    I'm sorry I couldn't reply, I have to go to bed now. Hopefully a whole guy will sleep in it (me) -vacuum cleans bed carefully-
    who the fawk are you and what the fawk are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    If you don't want a guy to have your number, tell him. Don't give him a fake number.

The fact that you have to know someone for a while before you give them your number means that pretty much the only guy that will be able to get your number is someone at work or through another friend. Pretty much takes away those random meetings at the grocery store, etc...
    I have never dated a man I met from work, friends, blind dates, etc. It was always random meetings. The man that likes a woman will have a way of trying to meet. If I see potential I will give him the number. If I don't then I will not and if he is persistence then I have no choice but to give a fake number or become mean. I don't usually do any of that.

If I know we will meet again (because of our situation) then I may wait to give him the number another time. I don't feel comfortable. I do usually miss out but like I said, he was probably not worth it anyways. I'm not a good example for dating tips since this is my first time ever really dating. I was in a committed relationship until these past two years and I can pick out a man that is not worth my time. He will tell me with his words and actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I can't date her. I am not a weed smoking, xbox playing, mommas boy douche bag enough for her.
    Awww we're soooo sensitive over this subject still. Poor, poor OV. Taking all his misplaced anger out on Love Forum.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I've dated rich guys and starving artists alike. Most of the guys I've dated are highly intelligent with interesting jobs. The sloth was the exception to the rule. Mostly because he presented himself as someone who wanted to change his lazy ways. I spent 4 months total with the bastard.

You don't know where I've been and the experiences I've had. So STFU already, and go back to your hookers and blow.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post

I've dated rich guys and starving artists alike
    Wow, get around a lot? 4 months with obviously a loser and I bet you still slept with him.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast