+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Did Women's Rights Destroy Traditional Marriage?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Ew, you dated a mexican?
    I'd totally date this one:

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Wow, THAT'S not racist at all.
    Is it? Have you looked in the gas stations and subways lately? Why is it that when someone makes an observation about a different race other than their own it must be racist? For example, WTF is up with black people and watermelon?! seriously..they eat it everywhere I go. Oh wait, I must be racist for noticing that a group of people do something more than another. Oh, I must have meant it in a harmful way of course because you consider them low paying jobs? freaking women I swear. There is nothing wrong with working at Subway or Gas station. I happen to notice most of them are Hindu around here and made a crack joke at it, so ****ing sue me. Some people are so afraid of being called racist it is funny, they would avoid probably saying the word nigger even if one was stabbing them in the chest during a home invasion just in order not to offend them haha. I have friends in many cultures and I say these things and it is funny even to them and they agree, one of my friends who is black confessed to using that on white people..he would make them feel guilty for making him feel bad for his race....but he didn't really care....hey, after all ...it just might get them out of a speeding ticket. I have yet to see a whitey tighty person yell racist at a black cop when they are pulled over....I should start ****ing doing that.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 16-01-09 at 03:20 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It was funny, it was cute, OV. But not everyone thought so. Time to let it go, man.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    It was funny, it was cute, OV. But not everyone thought so. Time to let it go, man.
    damn, after two posts? ok you are my boss.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OV, your posts are the best. You are one of the few that make me backwash my tea. I'm glad you are back. Tell us about your new job sometime.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

OV, your posts are the best. You are one of the few that make me backwash my tea. I'm glad you are back. Tell us about your new job sometime.
    I got NCA certified after losing my first job because many employers wanted something along those lines and I sort of fell into my first job if that makes any sense. I work with computational Biologists who are cramming time on bio assays, they and a few scientists seem to be testing the potency of a substance by measurement of the biological response that it produces on some insects last time I checked. Some type of pharmaceuticals for a company. To bad I just got stuck being pretty much a lab assistant and the message man between the scientists and the people who put info into the records on the computer...sigh
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 18-01-09 at 02:22 AM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm more sensitive towards cracks at Indian people because I was part of the 'community' for so long. I took you seriously because most of the time when people make comments like that, OV, they're serious. It's amazing how open people are about their ignorance.

Besides, you'd be suprised at the size of the houses some of these Indian gas station employees live in.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I saw O-V's post as a stereotype more than a racial comment, but I still thought it was really funny. Then Doppel added the icing to the cake with the Kwik-E-Mart. I also laughed at the watermelon comment, cuz I know when I was in Georgia it's really all I used to see. They sold them on the streets too. Every morning at the immunization clinic they set up a booth to sell watermelons lmao. It's funny to me.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OV, your posts are the best.
    Don't encourage him. His posts have actually caused some of my brain cells to die

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Americans are often less sensitive to cross-cultural relationships because of the nature of the American population. Most of us are some mixed-breed or another. Sure, there are (unfortunately) still larger gaps between, say, blacks and whites, and there might be religious considerations, but I don't know many Americans who would "never marry a German" (besides me, hahah - just kidding) or "never date an Irishman". Chances that there's already some German or Irish in your blood are pretty high

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I took you seriously because most of the time when people make comments like that, OV, they're serious..
    Not to mention the fact that every time he logs on, he makes similar remarks that could be construed as offensive, and then gets defensive if someone calls him on it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Not to mention the fact that every time he logs on, he makes similar remarks that could be construed as offensive, and then gets defensive if someone calls him on it.
    Sounds like dopple.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, sorry, but OV often posts things that I'm thinking but don't. I happen to appreciate it. He's a younger version of me, in a lot of ways. I happen to think I turned out alright, so shrug.

I feel the same about many of DMs posts. And I think he's an even bigger pain in the ass than OV. If we want to start ranking posters for inflammatory ability. But I love him too. Its all good.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I saw O-V's post as a stereotype more than a racial comment, but I still thought it was really funny. Then Doppel added the icing to the cake with the Kwik-E-Mart. I also laughed at the watermelon comment, cuz I know when I was in Georgia it's really all I used to see. They sold them on the streets too. Every morning at the immunization clinic they set up a booth to sell watermelons lmao. It's funny to me.
    OMG you are awesome!...and I don't use the god word often lol

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Don't encourage him. His posts have actually caused some of my brain cells to die
    Yea, like you had any in the first place

I'm more sensitive towards cracks at Indian people because I was part of the 'community' for so long.
    You must not like the Simpsons than. I will apologize if I have too, it was just a joke.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 18-01-09 at 02:23 AM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast