+ Follow This Topic
Page 141 of 405 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Amerika? Who is this? George Bush? That is something that you should have learned to spell in elementary school. THAT just annoyed me.
    hahahaha

_______

Silly. Amerika is German for America. Sometimes Doppel understands better when you speak to him in German.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 28-04-10 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Here in Amerika, we call it a "thesis" unless you're getting a doctorate.

What are the novels?
    Who the **** do you think you are? Dissertation is any formal/scholarly discourse in writing.

Actually they're not all novels. There are also novellas and one epistolary. Some of them are 'short stories' and essays. I am using novels as a synonym for literature/text, but most of the texts we've read are at least 100 pages long.
    Various works by Schiller, Michael Kohlhaas, Die Judenbuche, Die Schwarze Spinne, Der Letzte Sommer, In der Strafkolonie, Der Verdacht.

I've also been reading a lot of academic journals. I've got at least 400 pages of academic journals.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Amerika? Who is this? George Bush? That is something that you should have learned to spell in elementary school. THAT just annoyed me.
    hahahaha

_______

Silly. Amerika is German for America. Sometimes Doppel understands better when you speak to him in German.
    Hier o , the same what lovesjoy said but in a song
    I wazzzz here

hahahaha

_______

Hmmm, ok I suppose. Its just that I see so many people who live here who can't even pronounce simple things like the name of our country. Many school kids cannot even find the US on a world map. These things disgust me. I thought that since your registered country is the US that you fell into this group.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here in Amerika, we call it a "thesis" unless you're getting a doctorate.

What are the novels?
    FWIW, its called a doctoral thesis in America as well.

A dissertation is basically a long essay, whereas a thesis is usually reserved for the sciences. Artsie-types tend to use the former since their work often isn't hypothesis-driven. But I've seen both terms used for undergrad work.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am annoyed that they are planning to change to a "team nursing" approach at work, which means I will be 100% legally responsible for twice as many patients, while an LVN takes on 50%(ish) of the work, and I will be 100% responsible for whatever that LVN does. This system would be tolerable if I got to choose who I work with, but there are a couple of LVNs that I think are lazy, sloppy, and surly, and I don't want them anywhere near my patients. I'd rather do 100% of the work for half the patients, so I know they are getting the kind of care I would want my family to get.

FML, I may have to look for another job where they don't hire LVNs, and I have really liked this one up to now.
    Last edited by vashti; 28-04-10 at 12:37 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm pissed that my favorite bar has gone non-smoking....I don't smoke but they are gonna lose a lot of business because of it to other bars and now its going to suck in there.

I mean I'm all about people quitting smoking but if it interferes with my ability to party then **** that.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    I'm pissed that my favorite bar has gone non-smoking....I don't smoke but they are gonna lose a lot of business because of it to other bars and now its going to suck in there.

I mean I'm all about people quitting smoking but if it interferes with my ability to party then **** that.
    You are just now getting around to no smoking in bars in Indiana? Jeezus, it's been that way out here for probably 20 years!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post

In Serbia, people still smoke *everywhere* it's banned in very few places, though.

I am currently annoyed that there is not enough time in the day. Don't you sometimes wish you could pause time, do everything you need to do and then hit the play button?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I am currently annoyed that there is not enough time in the day. Don't you sometimes wish you could pause time, do everything you need to do and then hit the play button?
    I know right? I'm trying to think up a time machine so I can build it.. so far no luck.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DAMN YOU MISH... THIS THREAD BEAT THE F*CKING ASIAN THREAD... it's kinda annoying.. now i'm off to bed.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You are just now getting around to no smoking in bars in Indiana? Jeezus, it's been that way out here for probably 20 years!
    It depends on the city of Indiana...statewide most places except for bars are smoke free. Then there are city ordinances that decide if that even covers bars. The thing is Muncie doesn't have such an ordinance but Doc's just put in new carpet and says they are going smoke free so a lot of people will go to other bars that allow smoking.

So now its gonna be about dead in there.

Like 2 weeks ago they also did away with the pizza everybody went there for as well. It was the greasiest pizza you can imagine and perfect to eat during a night of drinking. Everybody loved it and now they serve like microwave pizza...its gross. We asked about it and basically they got rid of the kitchen staff to save money. They'll be going outta business with this kinda management.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Horrid, horrid, cramps. Feel like I'm going to barf and at the same time my insides are going to drop out.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

message i found on my gf facebook

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    searching for 20 mins to find my sons favourate teddy that he cant sleep without....only to realise it was in my pocket!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.