+ Follow This Topic
Page 141 of 364 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 5451

Thread: What you enjoyed today

It's there in the text Maxed out student loan from back in Sweden that just about covers the tuition fees, and then I work on the side to cover living costs, works out alright but not doable for a master's degree here which has the same pricing.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeeeah, but someday you will have to pay it back anyway Your whole studies are like mhm a nice flat OR a very nice car You're going to pay back for the rest of your life That kinda sucks
    I wazzzz here

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Today I did a presentation, on a stage, in front of about 50 clients and partners of my firm. It was an educational seminar on recent developments in a particular area of law, which is fairly cute for someone who's still studying. I completely nailed it. I didn't even have to look at my notes, I got up there and I just remembered everything by heart. I prepared the shit out of that thing.

I did a practice run to get used to the stage and everything, while everyone was outside because they had a little lunch before the seminar, and I just couldn't get it together. I was stumbling words, talking too fast, but then I freaked out because I thought I was just going to f-ck the whole thing. But then I when I got up for the real thing, it was such a rush. And I didn't so much as mispronunce a word.

The best thing is my dad works in the same building and he snuck in, because it was in the presentation room which is just off the foyer (it's a big skyscraper type building). I thought he was going to cry when I saw him afterwards.

One of the clients has asked us to do the same presentation at their offices, for all the staff who couldn't make it, yeah!
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Today I did a presentation, on a stage, in front of about 50 clients and partners of my firm. It was an educational seminar on recent developments in a particular area of law, which is fairly cute for someone who's still studying. I completely nailed it. I didn't even have to look at my notes, I got up there and I just remembered everything by heart. I prepared the shit out of that thing.

I did a practice run to get used to the stage and everything, while everyone was outside because they had a little lunch before the seminar, and I just couldn't get it together. I was stumbling words, talking too fast, but then I freaked out because I thought I was just going to f-ck the whole thing. But then I when I got up for the real thing, it was such a rush. And I didn't so much as mispronunce a word.

The best thing is my dad works in the same building and he snuck in, because it was in the presentation room which is just off the foyer (it's a big skyscraper type building). I thought he was going to cry when I saw him afterwards.

One of the clients has asked us to do the same presentation at their offices, for all the staff who couldn't make it, yeah!
    Public speaking is considered to be one of life's biggest stressors, next to divorce and fear of death. It's such a fantastic gift to be able to do it well. Did you get it on video?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No not on video. I think I'm a fairly strong speaker, but only when I'm well prepared. I can't wing it.

I know, I've had this thing on my mind for the last week. I don't think I've prepared anything so much before ever. Every morning and evening I've been rehearsing the whole thing in the car on the way to and from work
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, same for me. I can do it if I am prepared. I don't really enjoy it though.

I asked about the video tape because I went to a courtroom testimony class once that videotapes everyone in the class speaking in front of a group. Then they review it critically so they can see how to improve. It's kind of fun to see things about yourself you never noticed before...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

You're kidding!
    everything went well yesterday it was nice and sunny in Northridge who'd have thought, and i had my coat, scarf and umbrella on.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Its not even noon and its sunny and 80 degrees, 3rd day in a row of this amazing weather.

I slept good last night.

Got a sweet gushy email from my honers today.

Jamba Juice Matcha Green Tea

Tomorrow is pay day and I have it off, I'm treating myself to a pedicure.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How is it sunny and 80 up there but cloudy, rainy and 60 for the past two weeks here?...its not fair...the north is supposed to be colder damn it!...I'm wearing a hoodie right now...this isn't right.

Now what I enjoyed today?

My gfs little girl is 10 months old and I taught her to make a shocked face whenever she gets in trouble....so now every time Des gets on her for bein into something she does this silly little shocked face...its to cute and ya can't help but laugh. I know I'm a bad influence but I can't help it...I have to spoil her.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    How is it sunny and 80 up there but cloudy, rainy and 60 for the past two weeks here?...its not fair...the north is supposed to be colder damn it!...I'm wearing a hoodie right now...this isn't right.

Now what I enjoyed today?

My gfs little girl is 10 months old and I taught her to make a shocked face whenever she gets in trouble....so now every time Des gets on her for bein into something she does this silly little shocked face...its to cute and ya can't help but laugh. I know I'm a bad influence but I can't help it...I have to spoil her.
    Then once she's spoiled, you can beat her with a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Then once she's spoiled, you can beat her with a belt.
    Remember...I'm the one that just uses a hand...no belts.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Remember...I'm the one that just uses a hand...no belts.
    You're an animal.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My son said his first words this evening..this time there was NO mistaking it..we play a peek a boo game where i say "where's he gone?" and hide behind something and then jump out and tickle him with a "there he is". Well tonight he was in the bath and i hid my head below the tub but didnt say it quick enough and he said "where's he gone" and started silly giggling! I was so shocked as he doesnt talk at all..its the best feeling ever!!! Made my year!!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    My son said his first words this evening..this time there was NO mistaking it..we play a peek a boo game where i say "where's he gone?" and hide behind something and then jump out and tickle him with a "there he is". Well tonight he was in the bath and i hid my head below the tub but didnt say it quick enough and he said "where's he gone" and started silly giggling! I was so shocked as he doesnt talk at all..its the best feeling ever!!! Made my year!!!
    Thats great...I'm happy for you.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

I'm happy I finally get to enjoy a few weeks of quite between the semesters
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given