+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: misombra's inequivocable hatred for the police deepens.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    oh nevermind. i thought you were talking about the last post.
    nah, i only read your first post.

i actually have come to use police quiet a lot. i was in a really abusive relationship when i was younger and have huge respect for cops on how quick they respond.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

la jura strikes again. (BART=bay area rapid transit)

Organizers of the protest say they have another rally set for later Thursday during a BART board meeting.
    I'm still waiting to see what actually went on here w/ the investigation rather than random people jumping to conclusions, rioting, and destroying property... (Again) in California.

I don't know of any cop who would willingly gun down someone in the back on purpose. Something happened and the cop screwed up. Don't know if he thought he had reached for his taser, or what. The cop involved has already resigned from the force.

But, you know, it's Oakland so maybe the perps were trying to ghost ride the BART? Then again, these lawyer involved is the same on in the Rodney King case. You know, where the guy was high on drugs and clearly resisting arrest.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post

I don't know of any cop who would willingly gun down someone in the back on purpose. Something happened and the cop screwed up. Don't know if he thought he had reached for his taser, or what. The cop involved has already resigned from the force.
    it was on video.

some of you people are blind. what does indi call it? eyes wide shut.
    Last edited by misombra; 09-01-09 at 02:35 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

it was on video?

some of you people are blind. what does indi call it? eyes wide shut.
    It was on several videos actually. Including 2 not yet released. The video shows that he indeed did it, it goes nowhere to state of mind or intent. IE: Did he intend to grab his taser instead in a panic?

It's a tragedy, there should be criminal charges filed, but I don't think the cop was seriously thinking "You know, I think I'm just going to shoot this guy in the back because I'm a cop, and you know, that makes it OK right?"

I've known my share of bad cops, and even the bad/bully cops I've known aren't out to shoot someone in cold blood. For one, it ruins their gravy train of a job. For another, it usually means either your career is done or you get jail time.

I'm not saying the cop did the right thing in shooting the guy, just saying that likely he just really really ****ed up.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Where's the video at?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

they took it down.

well, the one i saw earlier today was taken down.

and it doesn't matter if he was going for his taser gun in a panic. those people are supposed to be trained.

if you're in a panic because there's a guy resisting 4 or 5 other officers then you shouldn't even be there. if he was having problems keeping him down, he shouldn't have even stood up. he put those other officers in danger.

the gun and the taser should be kept in two different places. and the officer should know the difference. one is supposedly less deadly than the other.

the video i saw, the guy had his hands up, and when he was shot, he was in handcuffs.

that officer killed that kid execution style in front of everybody. how much more fuked up do the cops have to get before people wake up. does it have to happen to your son? your brother? you?

that officer killed that kid execution style in front of everybody. how much more fuked up do the cops have to get before people wake up. does it have to happen to your son? your brother? you?
    This coming from a thread about you being upset about breaking the law to begin with.

I never said it doesn't bother me, I said I'm waiting to find out more information before jumping to a conclusion. Either way I'm not going to use it as justification to attack cops, riot, and destroy private property of others.

does anybody who is less annoying have anything to say about this?

does anybody who is less annoying have anything to say about this?
    At this point my view is starting to shift away from the Cop making a simple mistake. Review of their procedures shows that his department trains a cross-body draw movement (far hip from firearm) to obtain one's taser.

The fact that the cop refused to talk to investigators (Invoked 5th Amendment rights), and has resigned (Therefore employer cannot compel him to testify under penalty of loss of job.) outright from the force... I'm guessing he snapped mentally and did something that he either knew at the time, or now knows, was morally wrong.

The fact that the guy is actively refusing to cooperate in the investigation leads me to believe that he is quite likely going to jail for this and knowingly shot the man on purpose.

Like I said previously, I was merely waiting for more facts to come about before altering my viewpoint. Just as you would like to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, police have the same right.

In the meantime we get to watch poor minority folk riot and destroy their own neighborhood and neighbor's property over their 'moral outrage'. Which as far as I can tell is really just another excuse to break things by thug-minded individuals. Were they really truly angry at the police and "white folk" they'd have gone to a rich neighborhood and started this up. Nope, instead they further destroy their own living environment and hurt each other.

Pretty much it's one thing to cover your own ass legally, it's another to outright attempt to hamper investigation against all good faith and conduct.
    Last edited by Lite; 13-01-09 at 07:27 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Miso, post something on Obama's site saying you are concerned with all the recent police issues. Give a few of the worst examples and make a few good points about what can be done. Make the point that it is eroding public confidence in our law enforcement and judicial system.

I have been reading a lot of his stuff. He actually reads these things and wants the US publics feedback. If you haven't seen his youtube weekly address yet, you should.

[url]http://change.gov/newsroom/entry/your_weekly_address_from_the_president_elect/[/url]

I'm serious. Put your complaints where your fingers are, you aren't the only one who feels like this.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Miso, post something on Obama's site saying you are concerned with all the recent police issues. Give a few of the worst examples and make a few good points about what can be done. Make the point that it is eroding public confidence in our law enforcement and judicial system.

I'm serious. Put your complaints where your fingers are, you aren't the only one who feels like this.
    Except that bit where there is a clear delineation between state and federal laws, and law enforcement. There isn't really much Obama can do to change such things beyond ordering an investigation by the FBI into say, civil rights violations. Which, I'm not even sure how much that would accomplish.

I think the closest I've come to hasseling a cop is standing at a street corner for 10 light changes before crossing while a Cop watched me. When he stopped me to ask what I was doing I said, "Well, it seemed obvious you were going to harass me for no reason, so I figured I would at least waste your time if you're going to waste mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    nah, i only read your first post.

i actually have come to use police quiet a lot. i was in a really abusive relationship when i was younger and have huge respect for cops on how quick they respond.
    Tell the police that the abuser have a gun and see how quickly they respond.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Except that bit where there is a clear delineation between state and federal laws, and law enforcement. There isn't really much Obama can do to change such things beyond ordering an investigation by the FBI into say, civil rights violations. Which, I'm not even sure how much that would accomplish.
    Its his problem when the next Rodney King happens & they need to send in the Nat Guard to stop the rioting. Ppl are getting really pissed off at dirty cops.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Its his problem when the next Rodney King happens & they need to send in the Nat Guard to stop the rioting. Ppl are getting really pissed off at dirty cops.
    Rodney King had a BAC of nearly .2, ran from police, was tasered twice unsuccessfully, charged a cop. As far as I can tell, his beating was prefaced pretty much textbook form from "How to get your ass kicked by the police."

Mr. King also tried to run down a Vice cop w/ his car. Not necessarily a model citizen.

And of course the behavior of the cops made it OK for say the beating of Reginald Denny right? Pretty much you have elements of the poor community that will take ANY excuse to hurt anyone and anything they can.

Or, you could reference a lesser known such person. Larry Milton, who was struck by Des Moines, IA police at least 8 times in the head w/ a flashlight. Granted he was high on crack and was fighting off the police with what has been described as "Superhuman Strength"...
    Last edited by Lite; 14-01-09 at 07:30 AM.

Rodney King had a BAC of nearly .2, ran from police, was tasered twice unsuccessfully, charged a cop. As far as I can tell, his beating was prefaced pretty much textbook form from "How to get your ass kicked by the police."

Mr. King also tried to run down a Vice cop w/ his car. Not necessarily a model citizen.
    That's interesting, I didn't know all of that.

Though sometimes acts like this just tip the scales. In a community where dirty police dealing or police brutality is common it takes just one high profile spark to ignite the situation and set it on fire. It means, it's not just community to blame, but there are a range of issues stemming from various police incidents (justified or non justified) to the communication channels between government (council or state) and the particular community. When riots happen, it's not just the fault of the rioters it's usually the fault with the entire system. Entire system and any preludes to the riots need to be investigated and corrected so it doesn't happen again in the future.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast