+ Follow This Topic
Page 159 of 405 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    the old lady, well i feel sorry her. her daughter ocassionally comes to visit her. i talked to her one day and asked for her number so i could call if anything was going and she refused to give it to me. so i i had no choice but to get adult protective services involved. her daughter is being neglectful, in my opinion. people who neglect their elderly parents annoy the fuk out of me as well.
    That's really sad. There is no good solution for something like this. If the mom is on the ragged edge, tho, it won't be long before she goes to a home. Just try to be patient and protect yourself. Dementia is a horrible disease, the woman would be mortified if she were in her right mind.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    lol that's pretty good.

it's too bad because the dog isn't bad. he's just not trained. it's a matter of a neglectful dog owner. out of all kinds of people i despise, neglectful dog owners are up there high on the list.

the old lady, well i feel sorry her. her daughter ocassionally comes to visit her. i talked to her one day and asked for her number so i could call if anything was going and she refused to give it to me. so i i had no choice but to get adult protective services involved. her daughter is being neglectful, in my opinion. people who neglect their elderly parents annoy the fuk out of me as well.
    I agree. We had a similar situation with my grandmother. It just came to a point where she couldn't live on her own anymore. She had Alzheimers and one day she just snapped and sort of forgot everything all at once. It was really odd.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Oh yeah, Q, if you're still looking into autism research, this popped up a day ago

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8690683.stm[/URL]

Probably not applicable, just happened to see it while browsing.
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 22-05-10 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Dramalama was killed

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks, though nothing has ever been proven to be a definate link towards the cause of autism, but i kinda have my own thoughts as to what caused my sons.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Indi, did you realise you cant recieve PM's??
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'm REALLY annoyed that its pouring and thundering outside. WTF??????????? It was nice all week and suppose to be decent again today too. Now I have the afternoon off and had outdoor plans. What a kick to the box.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    She seemed to feel this antibiotic was the best way to go, healing wise.

So I get to be miserable for another 7 days.
    The antibiotic you think was working may not have been appropriate to rid you body of the bacteria it is harboring. Also, Bactrim is a combo drug, used to fight against complicated UTIs that might otherwise lead to a kidney infection. Additionally, bacterial resistance develops more slowly to this combo drug than it would to a single antibiotic.

Trust your doctor. She may save your kidneys.

Also, dewilliams - I wouldn't remove my tonsils unless absolutely necessary. They play a role in immune function, which degenerates on its own with the normal aging process. If your mom is overweight, the best way to rid her of the need for bi-pap/c-pap is to lose weight (being overweight is the common denominator for night-time breathing problems.) Also, doctors who perform surgeries at a patient's whim are unethical. There is no obligation on their part to perform unnecessary surgery.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Also, dewilliams - I wouldn't remove my tonsils unless absolutely necessary. They play a role in immune function, which degenerates on its own with the normal aging process. If your mom is overweight, the best way to rid her of the need for bi-pap/c-pap is to lose weight (being overweight is the common denominator for night-time breathing problems.) Also, doctors who perform surgeries at a patient's whim are unethical. There is no obligation on their part to perform unnecessary surgery.
    No her weight was not a factor, it was her tonsils. They wanted to push a c-pap machine on us because that was the easy way out. I went with her when she had the test done to drop her off and they showed her this video where everybody was saying how great they felt with there c-pap machines and how it just made them sleep so much better. Half way through I said "I wonder who made this video"...I was joking because it was obvious it was the company that sold them that had made the video. Sure enough at the end of the movie it said produced by_________...I forget the name of the company that sells them.

This was not her regular dr and I'm telling you they were pushing this stuff like it was coke. The guy had to be getting a kickback as hard as he wanted her to get on it. She went to her regular dr. and she is the one who finally got my mom set up to have her tonsils takin out. I mean if the tonsils are the problem then they need to be removed. Putting her on a machine is just masking the problem. They had already caused her problems for years and they had been threatening to take them out for years every time she got sick and they would get inflamed....so she was already getting sick with them...but it was a persistent problem they were trying to mask with the machine. It is sort of like covering a stain on the carpet with some furniture, sure you can't see it but it is still there.

And while a dr is not obligated to perform any surgery they do not want to, if there are two options on the table presented to the patient it is not the dr's place to decide which is right. The guy wanted her to get scared of the surgery and jump on a machine.

Anyways she had the surgery and she is fine now so its all takin care of.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

That is exactly what my mum is always saying.Save the tonsils!Nurses rocks!!
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People thought my mom was starving me because I had a fever all the time and wouldn't gain weight.

They removed my tonsils and I stopped being sick and quickly began gaining weight.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If removing tonsils means gaining weight, then you will never see me removing tonsils, hell nooo

My tonsils are pretty fine, i get such high temperature just once each winter if i get an infection,next winter i'm sure i will have no problems ,because i'm on antibiotics detox since november and I think my immune system should be fixed by then
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For craps sake Vash! You are a nurse, what the hell would you know about such a medical condition? LOL.

Williams, I think you need to go back to school and study something in the sciences--you seem to want to dispense knowledge in this area, so go ahead and just get some training. Start with some math (for logic) and go from there. Physics, some chemistry... that should do for a start.

Then you could become an IP/patent lawyer in the biomedical area. I have a cousin who does that and he's extremely well to do.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    For craps sake Vash! You are a nurse, what the hell would you know about such a medical condition? LOL.

Williams, I think you need to go back to school and study something in the sciences--you seem to want to dispense knowledge in this area, so go ahead and just get some training. Start with some math (for logic) and go from there. Physics, some chemistry... that should do for a start.

Then you could become an IP/patent lawyer in the biomedical area. I have a cousin who does that and he's extremely well to do.
    I certainly wasn't saying Vash doesn't know her stuff, but she was not looking at my mothers file either....she inferred my mom was overweight and actually my mom is quite thin. She struggles to keep weight on. The reason she had to have her knees replaced is that she used to run hurdles. Now she stand on concrete all day...not exactly conducive to healthy joints...but thats my medical opinion.

Nah, math is the one thing I always seemed to struggle with...its basically the reason I stay away form science. Math bores me. It took a statistics because stats are important in cultural anthropology and while there was little math to be really done I still found what math was there to be tedious and boring. I'd rather have a root canal than ever take another math class.

Yet I'll still form opinions on topics simply because I find myself full of them. Plus with that logic I could argue that nobody should be allowed to have an opinion on politics without first having an exceptional understanding of history, philosophy, and anthropology. While at times I think some people should be made to take a test before they can even vote, I still think they are allowed to their opinions.

I myself am leaning towards environmental law. Right now its not really something many people make a lot of money doing but I feel as the environment deteriorates due to human influences expediting the natural process of global warming (yes I'm giving my scientific opinion again) there will be money to be made in the field. I mean look at the mess they are making in the Gulf of Mexico right now....I'm guessing some lawyers will be needed. I feel it will be a field of growing need.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    That's probably because you were taking
    1) A statistics course, and
    2) A statistics course not in the math department

Most math is not tedius, don't let them fool you!
    No it was in the math department...I took it because I thought it would benefit me in anthropology.

And I have hated math since high school. I always did well in it. I took calculus for college credit my senior year of high school and loathed every minute of it. But then when I got to college I didn't have to take anymore math classes. My college only made me take one for my majors....yay!

Trust me, it bores me.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's odd. I thought that math was a requirement for studying law. The lawyer I dated years ago majored in poli sci and math. Maybe standards are slipping.