+ Follow This Topic
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Post The Name Of The Person You Most Wanna Kiss Right Now

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i remember when i was in elementary school, there was a book which had a lot of different endings. you didn't read it like regular book. in this book, every so often, you would come to a decision, and then flip to a page which was the outcome of that decision. it's kinda what billy said about life, with every decision already having a written ending. it does sound possible. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Oh yeah those kinda books. They used to be some sort of craze several years ago lol. Almost forgot about them till you mentioned.
    Clarity of mind means clarity of passion too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves. -- Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

hahahaha, my brother is reading the 'Give yourself Goosebumps' series.
    Maybe you remember the 'Goosebumps' series? Well its one of those, but its an 'Adventure Book'

Yeah I used to read Goosebumps. Never heard of this new series though lol.
    Clarity of mind means clarity of passion too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves. -- Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDream
    I think destiny is a hard thing to argue.

The scientist in me says that everything was pre-destined since the big bang, it is just a sum of chemical reactions and forces. This determines everything from the layour of the galexy, to where the electrons in your brain will be to stilulate a certan area to put you in some mood.
    In the end, everything boils down to physics and chemestry.
    Though we do not know much about it, our personaletys can be expressed as just a bunch of electrical impulces, set in order by science.

But the more spiritual side of me belives that there must be something more than this, but not in a way that words can easely express.

Anyway, we have gone totaly off topic, lol
    I'm atheist so IMO how could anything be pre-determined? Who would decide everything? I just hate the idea of destiny...
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Im atheist too. Hence me ranting on about Science, lol.

I believe that God and Satan are in fact brothers/friends who are having a competition on who is gonna rule Earth - good or evil. They just played C&C Generals in Iraq anyway. God forgot that Satan could just sell any WMDs he had in an instant Never mind, I'm obviously just crapping.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    good and evil are always battling, but in reality, who is really good?? i'll let you think about that one.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Well Ill sum up the story about god and satan if you want.

Before god created earth, he created angels.
    And the very first angel was called Lucifer, and he was perfect in every way.
    He was strong, smart, wise, beautiful and creative. He was ranked highest among all other creatures, he was truely made in the image of god and held the closest likeness to the lord himself than any other creature.

But when god created earth, and then humans, he made a better existance for them than he did the angels. Humans where treated well in the garden of Eden, and had free will. While the Angels where servants of god, or slaves as Lucifer had come to see it.
    Lucifer talked about this to the other angels, about 1 in 3 agreed with Lucifer, and they all rebelled against the lord almighty himself.
    But gods army, lead by the arch angel 'Michael' defeated Lucifer and his army of 'fallen angels'.
    Then they where cast down out of heaven into a place now known as Hell.
    Lucifer and his angels where transformed- the angels became deamons, and Lucifer had become Satan.
    But Satan was more powerful than god had predicted, he managed to work his way into the garden of Eden... and the rest is history.

Ironic, how gods greatest creation became his arch enemy.
    Wonder if the same will happen to us with robots?

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDream
    Well Ill sum up the story about god and satan if you want.

Before god created earth, he created angels.
    And the very first angel was called Lucifer, and he was perfect in every way.
    He was strong, smart, wise, beautiful and creative. He was ranked highest among all other creatures, he was truely made in the image of god and held the closest likeness to the lord himself than any other creature.

But when god created earth, and then humans, he made a better existance for them than he did the angels. Humans where treated well in the garden of Eden, and had free will. While the Angels where servants of god, or slaves as Lucifer had come to see it.
    Lucifer talked about this to the other angels, about 1 in 3 agreed with Lucifer, and they all rebelled against the lord almighty himself.
    But gods army, lead by the arch angel 'Michael' defeated Lucifer and his army of 'fallen angels'.
    Then they where cast down out of heaven into a place now known as Hell.
    Lucifer and his angels where transformed- the angels became deamons, and Lucifer had become Satan.
    But Satan was more powerful than god had predicted, he managed to work his way into the garden of Eden... and the rest is history.

Ironic, how gods greatest creation became his arch enemy.
    Wonder if the same will happen to us with robots?
    OMFG ! YES !!!

I've never seen such brilliance before in my life ! Perfect analogy that I've never thought about ! Thank you so much ! I will have to use this one in my debate with my friends about A.I. and why I fear it !

BRILLIANT !!

LMFAO!

I still think that God and Satan are in fact brothers playing a computer game called "Earth". Lol... Though the story by Lucid was really interesting, sounds a little like a computer game plot in itself!

my baby Bryan.... i can't wait for him to come home. i'm going to plant the biggest one on him as soon as i seen him

if i could BEN! lol

Christian Michael... but thats not for at least 21 days..
    They say a smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast