+ Follow This Topic
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The God Illusion?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    So there is no point calling mish ignorant but only to satisfy your need to feel better, no offense but mish doesn't have to do that to be acknowledged
    Eco, Mish's comment *was* ignorant.

ig⋅no⋅rant
      /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA
    Use ignorant in a Sentence
    –adjective
    1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3. uninformed; unaware.
    4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

If made an unfounded statement about something related to computers and Mish called me ignorant, he'd probably be right. I wouldn't be offended. But I'm also not insecure about my intellect or my ego.

Honestly, I don't care if he's ignorant, or you are. I care that you try to learn. Sweeping statements that are just wrong need to be pointed out as such, they prevent rational thought and learning.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Indi is a massive sweeping statement ignoramus who needs to be re educated.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ^^lol indi you are funny, it's such a pity you dismiss so easily, but i guess that comes down to your training. carry on
    You are the one trying to dismiss, Eco. Its common to those who can't actually defend their argument adequately. I gave very excellent reasons for my points and backed them up. You and Mish are just bitter losers. Its a shame. He hates that, usually if he is losing he pulls obscurantism. That doesn't work with me and he doesn't know what else to do so he gets frustrated.

Shrug.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Indi is a massive sweeping statement ignoramus who needs to be re educated.
    In what area, doll? At least I was specific about your deficiencies.

Re: science, I own you. Simple as that. It could be the opposite on a different topic, but that was not the topic you brought up.

--Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    In what area, doll?
    In empathy and social skills area for starters
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    In empathy and social skills area for starters
    I told you I failed that EQ test. This is not news, Mish.

Actually, tho, I thought my social skills were quite fine. I agree about the etard part, tho.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree about the etard part, tho.
    That's okay. With some hard work you can still make a good emo.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

You are the one trying to dismiss, Eco. Its common to those who can't actually defend their argument adequately. I gave very excellent reasons for my points and backed them up. You and Mish are just bitter losers. Its a shame. He hates that, usually if he is losing he pulls obscurantism. That doesn't work with me and he doesn't know what else to do so he gets frustrated.

Shrug.
    lol did i say i was trying to prove anything since I joined this thread again?

you backed up your statements about mish being ignorant with your education and lack of his...also your statements we already agreed upon about science not being the whole truth.....what exactly are you arguing about? oh yea about how your education means more...

maybe you need to understand this critical thinking you keep talking about, just a thought for you not that this actually matters anymore. people don't think critically because they are trained not to…i.e you in this case. but that's just *my* insignificant thoughts.

again i shall say to you carry on telling us how you know best
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Right, and what provides evidence insuring that the existence of god is the correct information?
    Let's test your critical thinking skills then, Eco.

I notice you (deliberately?) ignored OVs post^. Perhaps b/c you couldn't think of anything in response?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Wow. This thread sure has has gotten long.

Plain and simple:
    If there is a god its "mind" and "motivations" are so far beyond that of which any human being could ever hope to possibly understand that to sit there and say you know what he is thinking because of a book, written by even less educated people thousands of years ago, says so then you are irresponsibly uneducated and should continue to go to church as often as you can to keep you out of the way of the educated folk who are busy trying to clean this place up.

Let's test your critical thinking skills then, Eco.

I notice you (deliberately?) ignored OVs post^. Perhaps b/c you couldn't think of anything in response?
    Of course I ignored it, if you comprehend what I wrote (which I thought you did? english writing misunderstood?) it had no relevance to my point. I was discussing the benefits and negatives of believing verses the benefits and negatives of not believing in both religion and science. I was not discussing whether God exists or not since I came back to this thread….if I wasn’t clear..i already said I have *my* own belief that satisfies what *I* need which has no bearing on this discussion anymore. But you go ahead and use that critical thinking of yours to repeat what many scientists have already said.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 28-07-09 at 07:15 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You ignored it b/c OV made you look a fool, Eco. LOL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

^^ah the name calling, makes sense of course for you indi to revert to that when left with nothing to say other than to agree with me, it's ok, i get it, ego rearing it's ugly head again with you.

What I have noticed and you have indeed pointed out indi is that not many people think independently, they regurgitate other people’s finding and work they either have memorized or pointed people towards, you indi are included in that category. Therefore your view on people not thinking critically is quite hypocritical in *my* view. You have been trained to regurgitate a point of view and ‘back it up’ with someone elses work without any ‘other’ use of your own logic. Where are ‘your’ findings and ‘your’ scientific studies to back ‘your’ comments up? No-where, you have none. Therefore you have ‘other people’s’ findings and that’s fine but not conclusive and I’m talking about science as a whole i.e the following example:

You refuse to even acknowledge that science can be and has been manipulated due to ego, status and basic human behavior to feel superior and good about themselves and profit of course (the value of ‘things’ consume people’s lives). A critical thinker would not be so blinded by their training as to omit these considerations. Science and human behavior go hand in hand just like religion and human behavior go hand in hand. To decipher correct information from incorrect information comes down to the individuals ability to think critically. Show us that you can instead of saying you can.

just some thinking for you to do afterall you keep saying how much people should want to learn

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, it wasn't me this time, it was OV.

Oh, and I didn't say any of those things you accuse me of. Wrong again.

What relevance would my publication list or IP be? You wouldn't understand any of it anyway, Eco.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 29-07-09 at 02:37 PM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

^^lol now what the point in trying to confuse the situation, facts are facts, and who said anything about IP's? read my comment again and maybe you'll understand. your refusal to acknowledge certain logical information is your downfall, or 'learning curve' just to put it nicely

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast