+ Follow This Topic
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: where's romance?!?!?!

Aren't these the threads we're suppose to have a little fun on or just ignore? Sometimes I think people get so stuck in the mud they can't disassociate themselves from it.

For what it's worth, since I've been accused in this thread of thinking anyone is cute...I'm the one who stepped up when Elle was attacking Indi's appearance and said listen, if you're going to do that you better be able to back it up. She did.

Is she everyone's cup of tea? Of course not. Are there women on this board who are better looking? I'm sure there are. Is she cute/attractive? Yes. Could she snag a rich guy? Of course, I think there's much harder things to do in life.

I only have 2 questions: Elle, where is your teal font? I miss it...and Vashti, why the hell do people think you're so frickin' old

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    For example Vashti, You wish You could look like her in her age and still be wise

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You are judged all the time. We all are, tho the criteria may be different depending on your stage of life. Every teacher who marks your exams, every agency who judges your modelling pics, every employer who has to decide whether you get a raise once you actually start working. Even the sugar daddy man who is your ultimate goal in life will judge you worthy or not by some criteria he won't likely share with you.
    The difference between a teacher and people like you is they won't call you a dumbass because you got the wrong answer. They will try to help you.

If someone chooses the career path of Modeling... then you are asking to be judged by your looks and physical abilities ALONE.

An employer judges whether you deserve more money based on your work ethic. But if a manager spoke to an employee the way you do to people in this forum... how long do you think they will hold their position?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post

Is she everyone's cup of tea? Of course not. Are there women on this board who are better looking? I'm sure there are. Is she cute/attractive? Yes. Could she snag a rich guy? Of course, I think there's much harder things to do in life.
    But the real question is, is she a jerk? Yes. This time, by the way, is not as bad as the last time she was posting regularly. You should check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    ...and Vashti, why the hell do people think you're so frickin' old
    Hey! I'm older than Vashti!
    Spammer Spanker

I know it scares the shit out of you there are people like me judging people like you, but that's life. If you are a fraction as intelligent as wish you were, you would do your best to try to understand what criteria you are judged on and use this information to maximize your ability to meet or exceed this criteria.
    What type of person would you call them if they changed their looks just because someone calls them ugly? Maybe... insecure? naive? gullible, vulnerable?

Then, one day, if you have learned enough and gained some wisdom, you might find yourself on the opposite side of the desk.
    There are people who don't respond well to being teased, bullied, insulted... etc. There are more negative endings then there are happy ones.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I define "ugly" as some who I deem really unattractive. And for me Elle, you are a very ugly person. So was that tit-less fake little blonde chick you posted in the other thread.

Our definitions of ugly are very differnt. But it's pretty pathetic that you're trying to tell me how to define ugly.

And moreover, I'm sure I'm not the only one who defines ugly as not solely looks, personality counts as well. Despite any of us not knowing you in real life, I think that you are ugly not only phsyically but personality wise as well; EDIT: in my opinion.

So we're still different in our definitions and I'm sure by yours I'm a hideous beast. Maybe even with my personality. And, frankly I'm glad you would find me so repulsive, I would never want to be friends with such a superficial creature.
    Its respect, Girl. Elle's attitude doesn't command respect. You & I have disagreed strongly on certain topics, but I've seen enough of your opinions and ideas that I still respect you.

Elle makes this very difficult, to her detriment.

What I'd love to read is a well-thought out, coherent argument for her ideas. I've met a few very wealthy women who married explicitly for money. I don't particularly like them, but damn there are a couple who are calculating beyond anything I have the balls for, and therefore worth watching. That's a kind of respect, if not the sort I value the most.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Right now, you only think you have it figured. Its a common position of inexperienced youth. Perhaps you have potential; I haven't decided if you are smarter than the bubble brain Barbie persona you project b/c you enjoy being a troll, but since its the internet I don't frankly care. I don't think so b/c I've never seen you post anything remotely intelligent in anyone else's thread. But I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.
    For an example... this would have been ok advice if you would have taken the insult out of it and reworded it.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    teasing/ bullying and insulting a person (IMO) is called for when one thinks he or she is worth more than what he or she is actually worth.

Kind of like when Elle said something to the effect of when a dude has too much confidence but doesn't really have a reason to be. I'm using this same reasoning with my friend Elle here.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    What type of person would you call them if they changed their looks just because someone calls them ugly? Maybe... insecure? naive? gullible, vulnerable?
    All of those things, Coco. I know you're making a point, but could you please be more explicit?

There are people who don't respond well to being teased, bullied, insulted... etc. There are more negative endings then there are happy ones.
    True. But there are also people who actively seek these interactions and then rely on the civility of others to protect them from themselves. That is unfair, tho many people aren't able to recognize why. Typically, people just end up feeling shocked by such people and, after they have left, a bit frustrated or angry b/c they know they've been taken advantage of.

I am actually very kind to those sensitive souls who aren't trying to take advantage of the goodwill of others.

BTW, there is a third sort: those who don't realize what they are doing. Who act as if they are in the first category but are actually in the second. In these cases, I tend to employ tactics of the sort you may have noticed.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    teasing/ bullying and insulting a person (IMO) is called for when one thinks he or she is worth more than what he or she is actually worth.

Kind of like when Elle said something to the effect of when a dude has too much confidence but doesn't really have a reason to be. I'm using this same reasoning with my friend Elle here.
    I agree. I am using this reasoning to apply it to Indi. I think Indi is smart but if she weren't so condescending, she would be a great person to talk to. Not everyone thinks the way that she does and doesn't make the other person stupid or dumb.

That's true Indi. I am speaking in general because... you have insulted me plenty of time but I actually learn things from you as well. You're just so harsh sometimes. I read and I say Ouch!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For an example... this would have been ok advice if you would have taken the insult out of it and reworded it.
    Well, you are welcome to come up with similar quality posts and use the language that you deem appropriate, Coco. Chacun son gout and all that.

That's true Indi. I am speaking in general because... you have insulted me plenty of time but I actually learn things from you as well. You're just so harsh sometimes. I read and I say Ouch!
    There's a reason, Coco. And, as you can see, it often works. Feel free to PM me if you're ever unsure.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Chacun son gout and all that.
    Since I'm learning french I feel obliged to correct You

Chacun a son goût.

You forgot the verb 'avoir'
    I wazzzz here

soooo back on track.. any suggestions?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After 16 pages you still don't get that we're not going to tell you how to use rich men? Shall we continue on for another 16?

Like Kanye's song "But she ain't messin' wit no broke niggas"

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast