+ Follow This Topic
Page 190 of 405 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    That person should get a needle in their eyeball.
    I agree... my sisters are too "good" though

What annoyed me today?

Coding for 3 hours yesterday to due to server constraints my code won't even be of use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    What annoyed me today?

Coding for 3 hours yesterday to due to server constraints my code won't even be of use.
    It's usually a good idea to check the limitations of the server where you have to deploy before anything...

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    It's usually a good idea to check the limitations of the server where you have to deploy before anything...
    Project Manager should have known this before telling me to do "x", I am merely an intern here. Had I been told in advanced that they don't accept PHP, then sure, I would have done it in a different language.

My entire, 5+ month project has been in PHP, our Tech head has told the PM we can't port my mini-cms onto their servers.... <_< Oh well, theres ways around it.

The project will ive on our server, and I am making more tools to export content from our server to their server. :/ meh...

Project Manager should have known this before telling me to do "x", I am merely an intern here. Had I been told in advanced that they don't accept PHP, then sure, I would have done it in a different language..
    Maybe you should have asked them about the limitations before you started working :-/

Well, the original idea was I make this CMS in PHP, the client uses my CMS, downloads XML docs (that gather data from the db), and the client can simply drag and drop the files via ftp.

Somewhere along the line (after most of the project is built), someone decided the administrative tools I am building are to be ported to the clients servers... No one checked clients server constraints, and as far as I knew it was still going to live on our server. My PM told me last week she wanted me to add image upload functionality, and a "zip-upload-then-extract-and-add-values-to-db"... because she intends on having the client upload images onto their own server (which then, interacts with the xml, which is then interacting with the flash portion)... so I continued building, and was informed on Friday that they don't support PHP.

Regardless, I build most of the stuff out, and I *just* found out they will be using it, but they will have me write a script to compress all the images and their directories, and have the client simply download it when necessary.

Somewhere along the line (after most of the project is built), someone decided the administrative tools I am building are to be ported to the clients servers...
    Do they know how to manage a project? First thing you have to do is sit with the client and torture out of them exactly what they want so you don't have to do things 10 times over.

Do they know how to manage a project? First thing you have to do is sit with the client and torture out of them exactly what they want so you don't have to do things 10 times over.
    I'm sure you know, its never that easy :p The clients will always want to change things from scope, and even the PM will want to change things as well... <_< I'm at the final phase of the development life cycle, the developer ;_;.

We came up with a solution that solves the problem... but bleh, its still kinda hacky </dislike>

The clients will always want to change things from scope
    I guess I'm lucky with my clients not changing their minds except with details then :-P

I guess I'm lucky with my clients not changing their minds except with details then :-P
    I feel bad for the Project Managers that have to constantly negotiate with the clients who wants more :/

I feel bad for the Project Managers that have to constantly negotiate with the clients who wants more :/
    lol... I feel worse when I am the one giving the clients ideas for more work hahaha

lol... I feel worse when I am the one giving the clients ideas for more work hahaha
    Oh I have learned working for my parents when to stop suggesting ideas

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mu mum told me my sister is moving together with her husband to Warsaw and I've heard another ****ing stupid excuse why he's not coming to a very important family party (MY BROTHER - so as my sister's brother as well - IS GETTING MARRIED) , this time because he has Ramadan . I just read that those who need to travel (I think it's a good reason to travel) can skip on doing it, they can chose another 30 days in a year to do Ramadan, they just need to feed a person that can't afford to buy a meal. Or something like that, whatever. But he CAN COME to the wedding, it's just another stupid excuse to no come ... I want my sister to divorce this guy, before they have any kids. They are married since 2 years and she doesn't even know his ****ing family!!!! She actually knows just the thing he tells himself, I'm starting to hate this guy for spoiling my sister's life , she will so regret it one day, but then she will be too old to start again and have kids and normal family but whatever.
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ramadan's a very important holiday, papi. I don't think you can skip it for a party (assuming he is religious). Depending on what country you live in, you can actually be charged with a crime for not observing it.

Why aren't you more angry at your sister? She can go to your brother's party alone, if she wants.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She is coming alone. I'm angry at him because it's one of million excuses . They are living in Poland, no one would kill him for this and besides he CAN skip it, just make up for it later, if he would try enough ,he could do it. Whatever, for me it's another excuse like, he was living 6 days a week with his friend in another city ,just because it was too long for him to take an HOUR long drive to work everyday, so my sister was seeing him just one day a week, or sometimes not even... I'm pissed at this asshole because I see how my sister got stuck on him when there are 1000 red flags around . And she always believes in his excuses. I'm pissed because we used to be close but we aren't anymore ,because she changed to a person that I don't know anymore. She's smart , she has Master degree in Engineering , and her excuse for him not sleeping at home 6 days a week is "oh well at least i don't need to cook when i'm alone and nobody is doing a mess at home so i don't have to clean up a lot"... Oh ****ing please. This guy made my sister dumb that's why I'm pissed off and I don't tolerate him anymore. That's my right as the one and only sister of my sister
    I wazzzz here