+ Follow This Topic
Page 193 of 405 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ive had 3 showers to try and wake up, and been outside most of the day, think i have drank my own bodyweight in water, and still i feel like shit, im going for another lay down now
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I got to the gym at 12:45 and they informed me they closed at 1:00. I never go on Sundays, so I had no idea. Total pissoff.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    That was all fine until they put me under a portion of the house that had a ridiculous amount of insulation dust on the ground and old insulation hanging from the floor joists in a crawl space not much higher than 2 1/2 feet.

I just woke up, 4AM with tightness in the chest, wheezing, coughing up phlegm.

You didn't even have a face mask? Wow Fras, that's scary stuff. I would go ask your doctor if that's going to damage your lungs.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

That was all fine until they put me under a portion of the house that had a ridiculous amount of insulation dust on the ground and old insulation hanging from the floor joists in a crawl space not much higher than 2 1/2 feet.

I told the motherf*cker I wanted a tyvek suit and a dust mask, and the dumb f*ck hack of an electrician, sweating his fatass balls off all day sitting, wouldn't get it for me.
    Don't do this again. The older houses used asbesto insulation, which is very irritating to your lungs and can form granulomas. You won't die from this except through long exposure but its not nice to make a habit of.

In the end Fras, you are your own responsibility. You should at least keep your own respirator on hand. The skin stuff is irritating, but a good shower will get rid of it. Not so for breathing it. I don't even think drywall dust is good for you and I always wear a mask when I'm working with it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Don't do this again. The older houses used asbesto insulation, which is very irritating to your lungs and can form granulomas. You won't die from this except through long exposure but its not nice to make a habit of.

In the end Fras, you are your own responsibility. You should at least keep your own respirator on hand. The skin stuff is irritating, but a good shower will get rid of it. Not so for breathing it. I don't even think drywall dust is good for you and I always wear a mask when I'm working with it.
    I didn't expect to need respirator anytime soon, most employers have provided them.

Do you have on sitting in your car?

Lesson learned on this one, though. This guy is the very definition of what electricians call "hacks". They underbid on jobs then rush and try to take shortcuts and put people at risk. And since it was all under the table, at this point I was just trying to stay on good enough terms that he wouldn't have an excuse not to pay me.

Never again.

I hate how low the standards are still in the construction industry, it's ridiculous.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    My patients yesterday ALL refused to get with the program... and two of them were absolutely disgusting.
    I got two of these patients back again yesterday. The one guy was so big, he got stuck in the big boy wheelchair and couldn't get out. It took 5 of us (including two men) to remove him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't expect to need respirator anytime soon, most employers have provided them.

Do you have on sitting in your car?
    As happens, we have two in our home workshop. One for each of us. But I only got mine after breathing a crap load of gypsum dust and deciding it wasn't good for me. I'm only talking about the souped-up masks with the changeable filters, btw. They aren't that expensive but they do the job.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    As happens, we have two in our home workshop. One for each of us. But I only got mine after breathing a crap load of gypsum dust and deciding it wasn't good for me. I'm only talking about the souped-up masks with the changeable filters, btw. They aren't that expensive but they do the job.
    I drive a VW Golf, it's bad enough to be toting my tools around, much less decking it out to run an entire job.

I've done mostly commercial work, residential is a whole other beast. You don't frequently run into asbestos and fiberglass in commercial work.

I've been around all that stuff and I've never used masks or respirators or anything. I still think fiberglass gets my vote for most irritating.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Until you need it, anyway. Just saying that its a small expense and item to store for protecting your health. You know this already, I'll drop this dead horse.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Ugh. It's such a dilemma for me when Indi, Fras, and Doppel are all being retarded at the same time, in the same thread. I just don't know what to say.

So annoying.

Easy, don't say anything at all.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    Ugh. It's such a dilemma for me when Indi, Fras, and Doppel are all being retarded at the same time, in the same thread. I just don't know what to say.

So annoying.
    I was annoyed by this half-hearted attempt at trolling. Come on nick.... you can do better.

Go have some coffee and try again.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Alright, I've had my coffee. Now I'll just wait for doppel to give sex advice, or for Indi to use "college" and "superiority" in the same sentence.

My next door neighbors were setting off fireworks at 11:30 last night. We called the cops, and they stopped with the fireworks, but stayed up partying loudly until at least 2:30. My husband got the cops to come over again this morning so he could file an official complaint. They're underage and unsupervised because their mom is taking care of her elderly mother.

I am about to fill a shotgun with rock salt for the next occurrence. I have HAD it. My alarm goes off at six every morning and I need my effing sleep.
    Spammer Spanker