+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously thinking of divorce...

Thanks for all of the advice. Our son is the center of our universe. We do whatever it takes to make him happy. I want him to know that it's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from it and move on. I'm having a hard time trying to explain our relationship, but we've both been really vocal about it. We don't hide anything. We both know what we're feeling. We also both know it's not working out. We've been trying for years. We all have our opinions about marriage and I respect all of your opinion. I just don't want to be in a relationship where we're just constantly trying to make it work when it's already done to begin with. But we're going to keep trying... as hard as it is... I'm gonna keep going till i'm completely out of energy and love. Wish us luck. Again, Thanks.

im scared to get married now lol

What about him? What does he want? If he wants out too, then, yes, you guys need a divorce. He obviously doesn't take your feelings into consideration and doesn't put any effort into making you happy. The situation was bad from the beginning (with the cheating), and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I would say leave before things really degenerate. A year is long enough to know that something's wrong in this mariage.

If he does want you two to stay together but is just being clueless, well then, the sad news is that he will still be that way 30 years from now, and you'll still have to put up with that if you decide to stay with him for the sake of your son.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mgc317 View Post
    But we're going to keep trying... as hard as it is... I'm gonna keep going till i'm completely out of energy and love. Wish us luck. Again, Thanks.
    Don't TRY. That's just waffling and will not improve your situation. Decide what you want, divorce or not. Then do the things you need to make that decision work the best you absolutely can.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12