+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugs

Hugged a girl that I knew from highschool today at work. Little did I know that it was her BOYFRIEND she was shopping with. Whoops. He didn't give me many smiles . . .

Rod Steele

ouch..... we'll atleast you got a hug out of the deal.

lol. It was an awkward hug. She went for a hug, I went for a handshake. She changed to handshake, and I said, "Screw it. I think a hug wouldn't hurt."

My exact words.

Rod Steele

Nought wrong with that. I take hugs off everyone!!!

Well except people I don't like, or who smell

I know of several women who resent and refuse to give casual hugs to male friends (or others), who expect the hugs simply because the person they're speaking with is a woman.

From my prespective, I find the point of view expressed by those women to be entirely understandable and agree with it in every respect; hugging simply for the sake of hugging defeats the purpose of the support it can offer.

its mostly ALWAYS ok to ask 4 a hug...snd it feels lovely to be asked to give one. it makes u feel like someone cares evey now and then.

i asked the guy i like to give me a hug the other day..he gave me one..then when i was a bit down he gave me one the day after as well. and it feels so nice
    - Claire -

From my prespective, I find the point of view expressed by those women to be entirely understandable and agree with it in every respect; hugging simply for the sake of hugging defeats the purpose of the support it can offer.
    In that case perhaps we shouldn't say "Good morning" to each other either. I mean, I don't really care about the morning. Nor do I know/care whether it's good or not. So maybe I'll stop saying it and only say it when I meet someone after I've had time to reflect whether it truly is a good morning or not.

And in that case, maybe I'll stop greeting my friends with "What's up?" I don't really CARE what they're up to. I simply was offering a greeting and now that phrase has lost its meaning. I think from now I'll just walk up to them and start talking about MY day and what I want to talk about. Unless of course I really do want to know exactly "What is up" in their life as of lately. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of what that phrase was created to mean.

And in that case maybe I'll stop saying, "God bless you" when someone sneezes. Lately I've noticed that it's an automatic reaction and has lost its meaning. Sometimes when I say it, I'm not actually wishing that they be blessed by God. So I'll just not say it anymore unless I'm sure that I truly want the person to be blessed by the Lord God Almighty.

And maybe when I burp I won't say "Excuse me" anymore. To be honest, I could care less whether they excuse me or not. I didn't feel bad about burping and whether they accept my unthought, unpondered, automatic apology or not it really makes no difference in my life. Those words have seemed to lost their meaning. So I'll just burp aloud and wait until a moment when I REALLY feel that I need to be pardoned before uttering those words. Otherwise, it's just an empty phrase, devoid of all meaning.
    hugging simply for the sake of hugging defeats the purpose of the support it can offer.
    TELL WHOEVER IT IS THAT THINKS THIS WAY TO CHILL THE **** OUT AND NOT BE SUCH A DAMNED TIGHTASS!!!!!!

Rod Steele

Quote Originally Posted by abercromqt20
    flirt like you were being paid....haha nice. i have never heard that one b4. i'll have to use it sometime.
    funny coz I use the expression all the time. It's corrupted grammar for emphasis

that's one way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_moon2
    its mostly ALWAYS ok to ask 4 a hug...snd it feels lovely to be asked to give one. it makes u feel like someone cares evey now and then.
    Sounds like I'll be doing it more often now.

just try not to come off as "the creepy guy" thats asks every girl, even ones that they barely know for hugs. i've known people like that and they just put u in a weird position, ya know. so choose ur victims...errr, i mean girls wisely. JK

just try not to come off as "the creepy guy" thats asks every girl, even ones that they barely know for hugs. i've known people like that and they just put u in a weird position, ya know. so choose ur victims...errr, i mean girls wisely. JK
    All I've ever asked are girls I've known from work. I've known them for at least six months now.

see, well that's fine then. i was just saying that cuz i knew alot of creepy guys in high school that were always asking for hugs b/c it was the only way the could get any female contact..... sad when u think about it really!

see, well that's fine then. i was just saying that cuz i knew alot of creepy guys in high school that were always asking for hugs b/c it was the only way the could get any female contact
    I'm thinking that the reason they were creepy is because you didn't know them very well.

maybe...maybe not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast