+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Religious issue

As a fellow atheist, I sympathize with your situation. My wife is religious (not in a big way) and we got married in church. I was totally up-front with the religious people that I didn't believe a word of it and they actually didn't have a problem with that so I guess it just depends on their degree of fervour. No doubt this is why my wife's church is in such terminal decline!

Kids are obviously the big one and, I agree, there's going to be a lot of shuffling around in the pews if your's don't appear like clockwork every Sunday.

Honestly, I think this is one of those situations that is out of your hands. If it matters too much to her, there's not much you can do about that, and you just need to keep up communications on this issue so that any problem comes to light as soon as possible.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by corinthian View Post
    Honestly, I think this is one of those situations that is out of your hands. If it matters too much to her, there's not much you can do about that, and you just need to keep up communications on this issue so that any problem comes to light as soon as possible.
    This is the dealbreaker for me. If I had a wife and children there wouldn't be much she could do other than kill me if she wanted to bring my children to a church.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12