+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ideas for wedding favors?

cool thanks Rosebud~I ordered from myknot.com got the cameras, and napkins with our names. Im thinking maybe I might do little hershey bars with our names wrapped around those. Yea I do need a good website! Thank you so much!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol.. No prob. I have been looking at this stuff as well for months now!!! It's overwhelming.

Ok so you already have both those ideas. Hmm, I know your trying to keep the prices down on that stuff as well, but with all those items with your names on them, it may be a little over kill ya know? Hmm, what websites have you already checked out...I have several saved in my favorites! I'll see which ones are better.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

are you getting married too? Girl bring on the websites! I dont want alot of personalized things, youre right on that one. It kinda stinks cause we cant do rice/sparklers. I just read somewhere they could throw rose petals?

If youre getting married what are you guys doing? When, where, etc?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep, rose petals are what I ahve in mind too... And if we can afford it on the tables as well.

lol, this is the thing. We have a date set to get married, but I have no ring. We are doing all this together. We are paying for it all so what we decided is find what we want, set a budget and save the money for it including the engagement ring! Although I wish that part would be different but I know he'll surpise me with something!

Anywho, all the planning is still under way, I'm pricing so much stuff out it's nto even funny. Food is expensive!

Girl...tell me about it! Im sure he'll suprise with you something! Its hard to find things but in reading you can negogiate things! Like Ive spent 3 months trying to find a caterer. The first place was a sit down dinner for 60 people, over 8 grand, NEXT! So Ive finally found the Hyatt of all places to cater for 1500. Not bad and excellent food. You so have to just look and ask. The only thing Ive found frustrating as hell, is that you want the bottom line for per plate per person, it starts at 15 or whatever, but it doesnt include ANY rental or the servers fee. Before you know it, youre up to 35 a head. The reception is probably the biggest expense.

Obviously you know about the deposits, which can hurt the wallet ahead of time. weve had to put down 500 for the reception, 500 for the photographer, 100 for the musician. Its nuts. And were keeping it small.

Sweetie, thumbs up to you and your honey for doing it all yourselves. When you get closer to the date, start checking the ceremony sites. At least here in FL, theyre booked out almost 2 years ahead of time. (is that nuts or what?) But in the meantime it gives the couple a chance to save!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea I've been looking for reception halls and even hotels and the cheapest I found is $40 per person. But I ahven't met any of them in person either so who knows what all that includes but I haven't found out that I really liked yet either so we'll see. But we do plan to put 75% of the money intot he reception since that's where most fo the funw ill be. The ceremony will be more nerve wrecking for me than anything!

But I do know my brother's friend will be our photgrapher and we'll get a pretty good deal on that. Yea here I think the average is 1-2 years that places are booked ahead of time.

Keep looking at the hotels. I started with restaraunts, which can cost a ton. The Hyatt actually is providing all the linen and the dishes at no charge. You can look into doing a really nice buffet kinda thing which is what we've done. For 1500 bucks we got a huge honey ham, with buns and mustard, a variety of mashed potatoes, and fruit kabob. They wanted 52 dollars per GALLON of coffee, say what? Anyway, we got him to throw in the coffee and tea, saved 200 dollars. The hotel also provides a great location for the ceremony, 500 bucks. 2000 and we were able to do the whole thing. Where originally we chose a botanical gardens where we put the deposit down, it was going to cost us 2000 JUST to have the ceremony. Needless to say I got my money back from there and went with the hotel. NOW heres a kicker we learned yesterday. The Hyatt changed owners, they have their hotel on the beach, anyway, someone has offered them 65 million to buy the property. OH SHIT, well everyone there says its a rumor theyre not selling, so keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

Keep checking the hotels!!! Also restaraunts are a good place to look too, depending on your size. My friend Alicia (from here but hasnt been on here in ages) she is also getting married this year, she's in an area where she located the whole shabang for like 2000 grand. Those dont exist in Sarasota. But check those kinda places too. Or club houses, thats another option.

Goodluck woman! This planning which I THOUGHT would be fun, its actually pretty stressful. Too bad we couldnt win the lotto!!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    go buy a plane ticket to a place called las vegas. lol.
    no bad idea at all, don't you think so?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm with you guys, alice and misombra. Unless you are planning a religious ceremony, it seems much less stressful.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-01-06 at 02:32 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

But weddings are fun!...when you have nothing to do with the arrangements...

Hey Nomas, is that an offer sweetpea?

I know it's ten days later, but, the answer is NO. I do not volunteer...if nominated I will not run,..if elected I will not serve! You got this one, squirt..ha ha...but hey, I may go to the wedding!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12