+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: would you forgive your partner if they cheated?

Ouch! She's going through hell... you should send her here if she gets really bummed out. We'll support her. (Well, some of us will, anyway.)
    Spammer Spanker

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Ouch! She's going through hell... you should send her here if she gets really bummed out. We'll support her. (Well, some of us will, anyway.)
    I would, but she doesn't have the internet.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I think it really depends on your definition of cheating as well. To me, cheating may be nothing less than having sex. To others it could be flirting with someone else.

I think if it was just flirting, or just a kiss, it could be forgivable. I wouldn't be able to continue the relationship in good faith, because of the loss of trust.

But if it was a long term affair with feelings involved it would all be over, no forgiveness.

There is physical cheating, and emotional cheating. The emotional always hurts more.

probably in time... the sad thing about being dumped is that you still love the person even when he/she no longer does...you'd still be willing to forgive because of that love...yes, hate is too overwhelming but at the back of your mind, you'd still accept the person for who he is despite the deceit and all the dirt he/she has drawn in your relationship...well this works for me...maybe im just too naive...
    "The day you finally decide to love me will be the day
    after the day I have given up on chasing you"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    No, I wouldn't. If I can be faithful, I expect the same of them.
    +1

Anyone who has opportunity and didn't will say that its all a matter of choice. Damn hard choices, sometimes, but ones that boils down to self-respect and respect for your partner & the relationship you have (or had). To cheat means that you've lost any or all of that. For someone like me, I couldn't continue in a relationship where any of those things are missing.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the crazy guy View Post
    There is physical cheating, and emotional cheating. The emotional always hurts more.
    Hmmm, all I will say is that nothing happens in a vacuum. And that emotional affairs usually end in physical ones.

Personally, I hold with the axiom: You can't always control your thoughts, but you *can* control your acts of will.

Yes i guess you can say i am a pretty forgiven person i hate staying mad at someone. In was with my guy for over 4 years and he did cheat it hurt like hell we arent bf and gf right now we are in an open relationship i still love him like crazy and i know he loves me too.

Yes i guess you can say i am a pretty forgiven person i hate staying mad at someone. In was with my guy for over 4 years and he did cheat it hurt like hell we arent bf and gf right now we are in an open relationship i still love him like crazy and i know he loves me too.

Quote Originally Posted by SONOIL View Post
    Absolutely not! I have in the past and it turned against me. Once a cheater always a cheater!
    Oh so true!.....a leopard never changes it's spots

If someone cheated on me, thats it, over. Could never ever trust her again
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Forgive her? Been there, done that, won't be going there again. Matter of fact, I hurt myself MORE by trying to mend what was broken because when it finally became too much to bear, I had barriers the size of the Great Wall of China up around me, and it took a LONG time to pull those down for someone else.

Credit to the guy who said that those of us who have had the opportunity, but didn't, know it all comes down to a choice. That is a hard fact for sure. I've had my fair share of chances, but every single time I turned it down--usually pretty harshly--without a second thought. If nothing else, it's not fair to the person that still holds your honor for you to take it from them by stabbing them in the back.

If they did it once they can do it again, yep. I would never forgive. But I think I could forget. Sounds stupid, I know.

sazzya1987 Guest
    If I got cheated on I would dump that person, forgive them but never date them again.

I've been cheated on. I took them back after dumping them, but I couldn't get over it or forgive them for cheating and making me feel like I was worthless. So, no, I wouldn't forgive them. And I wouldn't stay with them, either.
    Some people are like slinkies... they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

No i couldn't to forgive is to forget and i couldn't forget a thing like that
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

yes i would.. other and other again if only he took me again!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast